Author Topic: Feat Selection for Tenken class? (TGC Class)  (Read 1214 times)

Eviltedzies

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • Live life. Otherwise you have none.
    • Email
Feat Selection for Tenken class? (TGC Class)
« on: February 21, 2011, 04:19:15 AM »
So using Thunder God Cid's Tenken class and I was trying to come up with some simple feat combo's to choose from.

What I have so far, barring racial feats and flaws.

1. Monkey Grip
3. Combat Reflexes
6. Stand Still
9. Improved Crit: Scimatar
12. Robilar's Gambit
15. Deft Opportunist
18. Elusive Target
Light in the Darkness.
Darkness in the Light.
It is truly a neverending cycle of nightmares.
Yet that is what we have been given.
Find your dreams where you may.
And live life like no other.

cru

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
Re: Feat Selection for Tenken class? (TGC Class)
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 05:38:13 AM »
instead of monkey grip, how about exotic weapon proficiency: one-handed slashing weapon with reach
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 05:40:03 AM by cru »

Shadeseraph

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
Re: Feat Selection for Tenken class? (TGC Class)
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 06:26:15 AM »
Yeah, as far as I see you are making a BFC build (Combat reflexes, Standstill) but you are trying to use a scimitar for that. I understand you wanting to use the only real offensive feature from the class (Life on the Edge) but standstill without reach and maybe Thicket of Blades is useless.

Some ideas:

1) Drop standstill altogether. Focus on DD by taking power attack, Shock trooper, Imp. Critical (It's nice it stacks with your ability, and power attack criticals can be pretty interesting on a 12-20 range) and the like.

2) Focus on BFC. Take a crusader level for Thicket of Blades, get a reach weapon (a spinning blade, because you can't use a spiked chain), get some way of boosting your damage (Stormguard warrior and power attack) and then go for the OA feats.

In any case, drop monkey grip. Unless you really want to wield a large scimitar on a single hand, drop it. The damage increase is only from 1d6 to 1d8 anyway. And take Elusive Target far earlier. It's a great defensive feat, and you are taking it at level 18.
[spoiler]
I hate mouth breathing fuckwits who go around spouting lies, even after being corrected on those lies, and that bait mods into helping to defend their wrongness and fail. I also hate the MBFs that don't understand the meaning of words, and that can't get a fucking clue.
Hey! I like spouting lies. It's very entertaining to observe how people on the internet are buffing their small egos by declaring victories over some stupid MBFs. :smirk
Also - I hate people who use too smart words that I don't understand. :mad

Hi Welcome

Go fuck yourself, because others won't do it for you.

Stop flirting you two.  :p
[/spoiler]