Author Topic: [PATHFINDER] Help me make a brain-damaged Ur-Priest  (Read 2185 times)

Emo_Duck

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
[PATHFINDER] Help me make a brain-damaged Ur-Priest
« on: February 20, 2011, 09:00:40 AM »
I'm slated to join a Pathfinder game soon, and I wish to resurrect an old character of mine that never fully came to fruition. Picture a goblin enslaved in his infancy by lizardmen, beaten enough over his formative years that he suffered brain damage and a deformed skull. I'd like to go with the whole 'clarity and power from madness' approach, playing him as a retard who nevertheless comes up with flashes of malefic genius and tapping into the seething hate he has for the world (which is only expressed in roundabout ways at first, otherwise seeming like an idiot). Originally, I used the Dragonfire Adept class to give him vomit attacks, eventually planning to go into Ur-Priest for the purpose of one day casting Apocalypse from the Sky.

I'm not that familiar with Pathfinder yet, but with its revised skill point system, it becomes much easier to qualify for Ur-Priest, so I was wondering if there are any other appropriate base classes I could start as. Suggestions from all sources are welcome, as characters are evaluated by the DM individually. I'd like to start with a non-spellcasting class, though supernatural abilities (such as spewing corrosive bile, as detailed above) and strange, otherworldly insights are A-OK. Basically, innate things rather than studied things, given the character's demeanour - a fully mundane class is fine too.

Stat-wise, I can choose from two arrays, placing the numbers where I like - Array 1: 18 16 14 10 10 8; Array 2: 16 16 16 10 10 10
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 09:06:14 AM by Emo_Duck »

sir_argenon

• Bi-Curious George
Re: [PATHFINDER] Help me make a brain-damaged Ur-Priest
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 11:23:13 AM »
Binder?  I dont know if a "retard" can make all of those complex symbols though..?

Emo_Duck

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
Re: [PATHFINDER] Help me make a brain-damaged Ur-Priest
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011, 11:27:47 AM »
Binder?  I dont know if a "retard" can make all of those complex symbols though..?

I might try to look into refluffing the class a bit. Still, I think the character is going to have a low charisma (planning on taking array 1 and putting the 8 there, making it a 6 with the goblin modifier). Yet *again*, the effects of making bad pacts might not be that bad for him.