Author Topic: Gestalt Rogue for Age of Worms  (Read 1826 times)

Dave965

• Monkey bussiness
Gestalt Rogue for Age of Worms
« on: September 30, 2008, 07:38:14 PM »
I'm replacing my character in an Age of Worms campaign, going in at level 16, and am planning on this so far....
Undead Stalker 16 (DMG 175-176) // Pixie 4 / Cleric 1 / Skullclan Hunter 10 / Hunter of the Dead 1

I'm thinking this would make a kick-butt undead slayer and fill the trap-monkey role also.....any suggestions
and/or feedback would be appreciated....

(Rules - All WotC and Dragon material allowed, any 3rd party material with DM approval, up to 2 flaws are
           allowed, and we are given 1 free racial/regional feat for free...no multiclassing penalties and LAs
           are allowed to be broken up over either side of the gestalt, at the same time if wanted....)

JohnnyMayHymn

• Bi-Curious George
  • Lord of the Kitchen Sink
Re: Gestalt Rogue for Age of Worms
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 09:00:30 AM »
a factotum// pixie could get pretty insane

throw in the Titan major bloodline on one side... for a great, two-handed warhammer(gargantuan)
My (sometimes offensive) Web Comic Faux Blast
Can you find the Wumpus? (Hint: start with the spoiler....)
[spoiler] :beathorse [/spoiler]
...........  :joystick

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 02:50:49 PM »
A factotum//pixie swordsage would be teh hax.
[spoiler]Masculine men like masculine things. Masculine men are masculine. Therefore, liking masculine men is masculine.

I dare anyone to find a hole in that logic.
[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
Which book is Lycanthromancer in?
Lyca ... is in the book. Yes he is.
 :D
shit.. concerning psionics optimization, lycan IS the book
[/spoiler]

Maat_Mons

• Hong Kong
  • What is a smile but a grimace of happiness?
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2011, 05:05:38 PM »
If you're going to be doing stealth in an undead-heavy campaign, a shirt of wraith stalking (Magic Item Compendium 216) is nice.  It gives you a variant of hide from undead that doesn't allow intelligent undead a save, usable at will for 6,000 gp. 

Another good item for an undead-heavy campaign is a truedeath crystal (Magic Item Compendium 66).  It comes in three varieties, each of which includes the benefits of the cheaper ones.  It gives you +1d6 damage against undead for 1,000 gp, also makes your weapon ghost touch for 5,000 gp, and also lets you deliver critical hits and sneak attacks against undead for 10,000 gp. 

You mention filling the trap-monkey role.  Are you using the trap expert alternate class feature (Dungeonscape 12)? 

Is hunter of the dead just in there for detect undead at will?  You could instead take a level of paladin with the detect undead alternate class feature (Expedition to Castle Ravenloft 208).  You could also pick up corpsestrike (swift action, ignore DR of undead creatures for 1 min./level) 1/day and undead knowledge (+2 bonus on knowledge (religion) checks concerning undead) with the eternal order substitution level (Champions of Valor 39). 

Warforged are immune to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, disease, nausea, fatigue, exhaustion, effects that cause the sickened condition, and energy drain.  With 5 levels of warforged juggernaut (Eberron Campaign Setting 83), you can also become immune to nonlethal damage, critical hits, mind-affecting effects, death effects, necromancy effects, ability damage, and ability drain.  That covers all the same things as skullclan hunter and then some with fewer levels. 

Alternately, 10 levels of pale master (Libris Mortis 47) gets you immunity to disease, nonlethal damage, stunning, poison, sleep effects, paralysis, death effects, critical hits, ability drain, energy drain, and damage to your physical ability scores.  This doesn't cover fear and damage to your mental ability scores, but it covers some things skullclan hunter doesn't, and it also advances arcane casting 9 levels. 

As a third option, 10 levels of bone knight (Five Nations 117) gets you immunity to stunning, nonlethal damage, critical hits, sneak attacks, poison, sleep effects, paralysis, death effects, fatigue, exhaustion, damage to your physical ability scores, ability drain, energy drain, and death from massive damage.  This doesn't cover fear, disease, and damage to your mental ability scores, but it covers some things skullclan hunter doesn't, and it also advances divine casting 9 levels. 
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 06:12:36 PM by Maat_Mons »

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2011, 06:32:34 PM »
You could always use a well-built shaper or egoist (using feats and research to dip into both power lists), turn into an object, and let your psicrystal kick the ass. Use cleverness, powers, and skills to emulate whatever a rogue could do, but better.

Not the best until mid-levels, though.
[spoiler]Masculine men like masculine things. Masculine men are masculine. Therefore, liking masculine men is masculine.

I dare anyone to find a hole in that logic.
[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
Which book is Lycanthromancer in?
Lyca ... is in the book. Yes he is.
 :D
shit.. concerning psionics optimization, lycan IS the book
[/spoiler]

nightshade

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2011, 07:30:29 AM »
If you go in at 16th level I would definately go Factotum//Pixie/Chameleon. I mean who can resist getting +6 to two Attributes and casting level 6 Arcane and Divine spells from any list. Take the Academic Priest feat and Font of Inspiration for the rest and you are ready to go. You are INT SAD (18 Starting INT+6 Pixie +2 levels +6 Aptitude=32 INT) and a hell of a skillmonkey.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 07:32:50 AM by nightshade »

nightshade

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2011, 07:31:55 AM »
nvm quoted my own text :)