Author Topic: Nytemare's PHB Rewrites: Phase 1 is almost complete!  (Read 2111 times)

Nytemare3701

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
Nytemare's PHB Rewrites: Phase 1 is almost complete!
« on: February 18, 2011, 12:18:15 AM »
I need to finish the skills section, but the first wave of rewrites is mostly complete. I would appreciate it very much if everyone interested in a balanced 3.5 took a look at all the homebrew threads starting with "Nytemare's PHB Rewrites" and made your final comments before I start compiling those sections into the pdf. The spell failure thread should be ignored, as I closed it when spell failure proved to be nonviable.

Secondly, Once you have reviewed them, I need to know what else you think is wrong with 3.5 currently. I'm not rewriting tons of non-core content, so broken spells will stay broken unless the fix can be applied via a rule in the spell schools. Point me towards tier 3 balanced rewrites of the core classes if you know of any.

I will be on most of tomorrow to discuss the future of T3:Edition (working title).

I thank you all in advance for your help on this project.  :)

PlzBreakMyCampaign

• Hong Kong
  • Immune to Critical Hits as a Fairness Elemental
Re: Nytemare's PHB Rewrites: Phase 1 is almost complete!
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2011, 02:31:27 AM »
I need to know what else you think is wrong with 3.5 currently.
Does ... does that mean I should pimp my dirty handbook fixes? :hide
[Spoiler]
An interesting read, nice to see a civil discussion
The point of Spell Resistance is to make it harder to get buffed.
And healed. Don't forget that.
Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.
[/Spoiler]

Old Geezer's Law of Hobby Taste: The more objectively inconsequential a hobby is, the more disagreements within the community will be expressed in outrageously insulting, overblown, and ludicrously emotionally laden terms.

More Funny than Humble[Spoiler]
Quote from: PlzBreakMyCampaign
Your a shifter... you have all you ever need.
It blows MoMF out of the water

But if your greedy for more [Wish] for something that only effects you, like another class level or two that doesn't count against your ECL.
Quote from: hungryhungryhippo987
Yes, I'm the 3.0 "Masters of the Wild" shifter, the awesome kind. My favorite form to take is Force Dragon. Yes, I am immortal ... My character is hands down the coolest guy in the campaign and there is nothing I could possibly want.
PBMC gets a cookie for DotA r

Nytemare3701

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2011, 12:02:21 PM »
I'm well aware of the dirty handbook fixes  ;) In fact, with your permission I'd like to copy that entire thing to the back of the pdf, as a warning to new DMs.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2011, 12:41:07 PM »
No comment on my comments on your spell schools stuff?
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Nytemare3701

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2011, 12:44:25 PM »
No comment on my comments on your spell schools stuff?

Holy crap, missed your massive post. Will respond there.

Unbeliever

• King Kong
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2011, 03:14:35 PM »
Could you either post links to the various sections of your proposed revisions, or post a google doc of them all?  I'm curious to go through them when I have the time, but it'd probably be best to be able to see them all at once to see how they hang together.  As it is now I have to hunt through the homebrew section, which I don't frequent, and then wonder if I've found all of your rewrite threads or missed one. 

sir_argenon

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2011, 05:37:10 PM »
Could you either post links to the various sections of your proposed revisions, or post a google doc of them all?  I'm curious to go through them when I have the time, but it'd probably be best to be able to see them all at once to see how they hang together.  As it is now I have to hunt through the homebrew section, which I don't frequent, and then wonder if I've found all of your rewrite threads or missed one. 

+1

Nytemare3701

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2011, 06:23:28 PM »

Certainly.

BAB and Combat Feats

Combat Expertise

Armor and Shield Proficiency

Combat Maneuvers

Spell Schools

Spell Resistance

Epic Spellcasting