Author Topic: Bored 'n' Overpowered  (Read 2082 times)

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Thread Necromancy a Specialty
Bored 'n' Overpowered
« on: February 14, 2011, 10:54:18 PM »
Or, something fun to do with Kobolds.
Alternatively, This is What Innate Spell Is For

Venerable Loredrake Dragonwrought Magic Blooded Unseelie Fey Phrenic (LA bought off/Removed in an expedient way) Kobold Sorceror 20
Feats (2 flaws, your choice):
1: Spellcasting Prodigy
1: Dragonwrought
1: Twin Spell
3: Repeat Spell
6: Practical Metamagic (Twin Spell)
9: Easy Metamagic (Repeat Spell)
12: Metamagic School Focus (Universal)
15: Improved Spell Capacity (Qualify from Sorcerer casting and the whole 'Old+ True Dragons can take Epic feats.')
18: Innate Spell (Twinned Repeated Greater Arcane Fusion)

grab Iron Will from the Oytugh Hole, and then use a pair of Embrace/Shun the Dark Chaos to gain Arcane Thesis: Greater Arcane Fusion.

Charisma (32 PB): 20 Base+3 Age+5 Levels+5 Inherent+5 from a Wish +6 from Templates=44+2 effective for purpose of bonus spells= A +18 modifier, allowing for a single 18th level slot.

Basically, this entire set-up so just so you can go ahead and say:
"I use a Twinned Repeated Greater Arcane Fusion, just like last round."

Find a sorcerer, use E/StDC on him to get Arcane Disciple (Animal domain, iirc) and Customize Domain, a feat from dragon that would let him give you a single Knowstone with, let's say... Snake's Swiftness on it? In other words, every round, use a Twinned Repeated Greater Arcane Fusion (Twinned Repeated Snake's Swiftness, Twinned Snake's Swiftness), to grab 8 attacks at your highest BAB on the first round of doing this, and then a free 12 attacks the next round, finishing with 4 attacks on the 3rd. Remember to grab a Knowstone of Divine Power, derived as you did earlier.

Now, who wants to be the first to 1-up this in a non p.p. way?
[spoiler]Fighter: "I can kill a guy in one turn."
Cleric: "I can kill a guy in half a turn."
Wizard: "I can kill a guy before my turn."
Bard: "I can get three idiots to kill guys for me."

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.
probably over on "Off-topic".
might want to put a little disclaimer in the first post.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
Re: Bored 'n' Overpowered
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, 11:18:54 PM »
I could beat this with a psion.

Just so you know. :D
[spoiler]Masculine men like masculine things. Masculine men are masculine. Therefore, liking masculine men is masculine.

I dare anyone to find a hole in that logic.
[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
Which book is Lycanthromancer in?
Lyca ... is in the book. Yes he is.
 :D
shit.. concerning psionics optimization, lycan IS the book
[/spoiler]

bearsarebrown

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, 11:22:06 PM »
StP Erudite with Schism and Mass Snake's Swiftness with a Psicrystal.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 11:47:42 PM »
Also, the sorc wouldn't qualify for customize domain.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Zaxter

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 12:01:52 AM »
A Warshaper grows ~20 natural weapons and takes the Multiattack chain. He now has ~20 attacks per round at his highest attack bonus, all day long, and long before level 20.

SorO_Lost

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I'll kill you before you're born.
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2011, 12:05:35 AM »
Charisma (32 PB): 20 Base+3 Age+5 Levels+5 Inherent+5 from a Wish +6 from Templates=44+2 effective for purpose of bonus spells= A +18 modifier, allowing for a single 18th level slot.
Doesn't work like that.

but only if they already have at least one spell slot of that level (such as from the Improved Spell Capacity feat).

Also

Loredrake Steel Dragon 4 / Sorcerer 8
LA buyoff, age 4, CL = 11, ECL 12.

Cast River's Ravages, age 22 years to the age of 26.
You are now a Juvenile Steel Dragon.
+9 HD (dragon), grants +9d12 HP, +9 BAB, +4 all saves, (6+intmod)*8 skill points and increased maximum rank capacity in which every desired skills each time.
Also gain: +1 size, +6 str/int, +4 con, +2 wis/cha, +3d6 to breath damage, SR improves by 6 and gives a +10 bonus against 3rd level or lower spells, and finally gain 6 levels of spellcasting.
Note ~ makes on hell of a buff don't it?

A.
With your new 8th level spell access cast Hasten The End and concentrate until you hit the Great Wyrm category. With your free feat slots & skill points take Epic Spellcasting and research an epic spell with a spellcraft check of 0 and cast it immediately by using Swift Concentration (gained via those free skill points). Subject to DM approval of course.

B.
Using Swift Concentration (gained via those free skill points) cast River's Ravages on your self again at your new caster level of 32 setting your new base age to 68 (Young Adult). Then do C to become an Adult.

C.
Bestow Curse and apply BoVD's age one category penalty. You are now an Young Adult Steel Dragon (as above but without hasten), among other things gain +2 to spellcasting. If you did B, you are an Adult Steel Dragon now.

Conclusion.
Either you have thousands of applied epic spell buffs (hasten) or turned into an Adult Steel Dragon at ECL 12, which into into self gives 19HD and +11 to spellcasting granting epic spell access anyway.

Don't forget to laugh every time you see someone post an LA/Rule ignoring kobold with a half dozen templates that fails to do what the OP brags about since you can produce superior results with literally no effort. Srly you can buy a Scroll of River's Ravages and use the acquired abilities finish the combo, all for 200gp. Yeahee epic spells by level 12 (or sooner if you cared to crunch cl bonuses)!
Tiers explained in 8 sentences. With examples!
[spoiler]Tiers break down into who has spellcasting more than anything else due to spells being better than anything else in the game.
6: Skill based. Commoner, Expert, Samurai.
5: Mundane warrior. Barbarian, Fighter, Monk.
4: Partial casters. Adapt, Hexblade, Paladin, Ranger, Spelltheif.
3: Focused casters. Bard, Beguiler, Dread Necromancer, Martial Adapts, Warmage.
2: Full casters. Favored Soul, Psion, Sorcerer, Wu Jen.
1: Elitists. Artificer, Cleric, Druid, Wizard.
0: Gods. StP Erudite, Illthid Savant, Pun-Pun, Rocks fall & you die.
[/spoiler]

Hitoshura

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2011, 12:13:06 AM »
Wish gives Inherent bonus, you accounted that twice... Also, don't you have to get one Improved Spell Capacity for every Cycle above 10th?

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Thread Necromancy a Specialty
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2011, 02:44:30 AM »
Thank you for pointing out all the problems above. And I know you could do it with a Psion, I just felt like doing this (badly) for fun.

Ah, well, live and learn.
[spoiler]Fighter: "I can kill a guy in one turn."
Cleric: "I can kill a guy in half a turn."
Wizard: "I can kill a guy before my turn."
Bard: "I can get three idiots to kill guys for me."

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.
probably over on "Off-topic".
might want to put a little disclaimer in the first post.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing

lans

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2011, 03:27:20 AM »
Could you use Arcane Thesis and a bunch of Spell Level+0 Metamagics? Your using the +8 level spell slot of infinite uses of Greater Arcane fusion which is an 8th level spell. Adding in twin and repeat thats, 23 spell levels.

I don't think its going to work, but we can see what we can do.
Skill prodigy from Kingdoms of Kalamar