Author Topic: Easiest way to create a subserviant race?  (Read 2478 times)

kharmakazy

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
Easiest way to create a subserviant race?
« on: February 08, 2011, 04:29:11 PM »
So long story short, my character is playing in a setting where Io never existed, and he wants to step up and take his job.

Not really optimized in any way to do this at this point... as I am a Kobold DFA 4...

Best way I came up with is a magic item with polymorph at least once a day and assume su ability from SS to get manipulate form from a saruhk. Get a flowing time demiplane and some kobold eggs. Once I have enough followers in this setting I ascend to godhood.

Any other ways to accomplish this goal? I'd like to accomplish creating a new dragon-like race that follows me, but the pun-pun route is just one path there (and an easily DM vetoed one at that).

altpersona

• Organ Grinder
  • BG forum Emperor Ad Litem
    • Altpersona.net
Re: Easiest way to create a subserviant race?
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2011, 04:35:49 PM »
diplomacy is your friend
The goal of power is power. - idk
We are not descended from fearful men. - Murrow

The Final Countdown is now stuck in your head.

Anim-manga sux.

kharmakazy

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 04:47:00 PM »
Making them subserviant is an issue, of course. But I figured if I littered the plane with graven images of me and pop in every couple hundred years they will just naturally follow me.

awaken DM golem

• Organ Grinder
  • PAO'd my Avatar
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2011, 08:34:53 PM »
Thrallherd + Genesis

then : kill your followers ala Thrallherd sacrifice, but on the Genesis Plane.

then : Raise Dead + el chealpo diplomance = dead fanatics

They believe in you ... they don't like it, and that doesn't matter.

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2011, 04:16:17 AM »
Write up a statblock for a race with a -2 racial penalty to Intelligence.  Find a commoner, and use PAO to turn it into a member of that race.  Rinse and repeat until your new little species has enough genetic diversity to procreate and survive, and eventually they'll start training warriors, experts, etc. all on their own.

Felix Underwood

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2011, 04:25:30 PM »
An intelligence penalty might make it harder for them to imagine what is happening, but Sense Motive and will saves are Wisdom based.

I agree with altpersona and awaken DM golem on the diplomancy part.  It truly is your easiest (non-pun-pun) path.

Take one level in Binder (for Naberious), cleric (for Mind and Herald domains), marshal (for skill focus diplomacy, and motivate charisma aura).  As a DFA, you can pick up Beguiling Influence.

Aren't Kobolds inately subservient to true dragons in general?  As a Kobold, you did take Dragonwrought, right?  Establish yourself as their leader, and kobolds should be all you need.

Thralherd is just awesome in general... have your believers labor to raise the funds to pay for simulacrum scrolls, then pop clones of yourself with thrallherd control quotas of their own.  It's the gift that keeps on giving.

BrokeAndDrive

• Why are there no ghosts of dinosaurs?
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2011, 04:29:34 PM »
Might be something: a homebrew "craft monster" feat.
Random quotes:[spoiler]I think Roy's coinages are shitty and dumb, but Failroy has to take the cake for the dumbest new compound word of the year
~

That was kind of the point. I was trying to be a Roy parody, but I guess it didn't come across overly well.

==

JaronK is of course most famous for his massive thought experiments into placing classes into tiers. While a kind of nifty idea, and a decent enough way to think about stuff, his particular tier assignments were basically insane. Apparently the criteria he used was to assign classes relative strength based on what bullshit he personally would let them get away with at 20th level.

So Factotums were rated very highly, because apparently he would let them use Rokugan-exclusive skills with Forgotten Realms-exclusive weapons from the back of MM2 templated warbeasts. But Rogues suck donkey dick, becuase he wouldn't let them use Use Magic Device to read scrolls of Planar Binding. It was a very surreal argument.
~

And to think the system was immortalized in OOTS. As a general rule, I try to avoid all tier discussion there because it's the De Facto system at BG, and I'm not going to change anyone's mind.

Besides, I think if most people are pressed, they will admit that it's just an estimate, anyway, and that results can vary from table to table.
~

My only real complaint with the tier system is that at one point I was tired (tiered?) of hearing about it.[/spoiler]

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2011, 11:46:47 PM »
An intelligence penalty might make it harder for them to imagine what is happening, but Sense Motive and will saves are Wisdom based.
The Intelligence penalty is to make PaO permanent on the first casting.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2011, 12:41:16 AM »
1) Give your race a complete inability to use arcane magic or psionics
2) Give your race the requirement to have a certain domain as divine casters (as genasi do)
3) Be the fiend of blasphemy/radiant idol that grants all that race's cleric's powers
4) Set up a theocracy.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Felix Underwood

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2011, 02:20:27 PM »
ah, got it X-Codes..  (along that line of thinking, 10's and 11's are just the human average, there should be no shortage of below-average folks running around.  At least, I'd think as much looking around my area IRL)  :D

Mad_Linquist, I think the OP is asking "How" does a PC create the race...
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 02:23:26 PM by Felix Underwood »

kharmakazy

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2011, 04:06:31 PM »
Is there a 3.5 version of genesis? The psionic variant specifies that you don't get to set the planar traits... Flowing time is sort of necessary in order to populate the plane in a timely fashion...

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2011, 07:56:57 PM »
Is there a 3.5 version of genesis? The psionic variant specifies that you don't get to set the planar traits... Flowing time is sort of necessary in order to populate the plane in a timely fashion...
Can make their lifecycle similar to kobolds.

I assume the 3.5e Genesis spell is in the SRD.

RelentlessImp

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2011, 08:13:43 PM »
Can make their lifecycle similar to kobolds.

I assume the 3.5e Genesis spell is in the SRD.

Actually, it's from the Epic Level Handbook, which is 3.0, but since it's included in the SRD I suppose it counts as 3.5. Still - 3.0 material, not 3.5.
Solo on Essentials
I prepared irresistible phantasmal killer today... as a 4th level spell.
"He hit me with a flaming garbage can...and then the god damn hobo next to it!"