Author Topic: One character for every role. I need your input!  (Read 1101 times)

Nytemare3701

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
One character for every role. I need your input!
« on: February 08, 2011, 10:20:32 AM »
I'm trying to make a portfolio of characters, all usable from 1-20. I've had backstories written for them for years, but I've been putting off the actual sheets.

Restrictions:
Human or similar humanoid. Templates that don't change the physical appearance much are fine, like magic blooded.
All sources are allowed.

Support/Healing
I'm going to play it as the lucky bard type, who always has a trick up his sleeve. Truenaming has proven in my experience to be good at that, since it approaches problems in a "fuck your restrictions, I said he's healed" kind of way. I know truenaming sucks, but it's one of my favorite classes.

Truenamer 12/NO IDEA 8
Race: ???

Using this guy as the base, removing personal buffs in favor of support tricks. Most of combat will probably be debuffing enemies and repairing potion tiles.

Gish(offtank/damage)
This guy is my personal creation, and a my pet character. I'm always trying new ways to make him work, but I think I've got it now. That character sheet has +3 LA on it I'll be removing, but you get the idea. Fights using Thunderlance (the 4th level spell) and Wings of Cover.
Race: Unseelie Fey Magic-Blooded Human.

Skillmonkey(corpse/damage/scary)
I want him to pass almost any skill check of appropriate level, as well as scare the crap out of anyone who messes with him. I think there is a weapon material that makes your weapon scare people....
Race: Whisper Gnome or some awesome INT race.
FactotumX/Exemplar1/(Insert shadowpouncer build here?)

Primary Caster(god/nonviolent solutions)
Obviously this one is going to be the most powerful of the roles. Balancing it is a moot point, so I found a theme and stuck with it. I play it responsibly though, so I haven't been hit with a book yet. He's gentle by nature, so he doesn't use plain damage. He won't throw a fireball, but he'll cast a Streamers and warn you not to move. I play this one as a God caster. BC, Debuffing, Conditional damage spells (like streamers). I tend to play the pact influence of Naberius to hilarious results.
Race: Hell if I know. He's been a Kobold, an Illumian, a Human...I've lost count.
Cleric3/Non-racist SCM3/Metaphysical Spellshaper1/Binder1/MSS+2/HathranX

Blaster
This one is more of a confident upstart with more focus on blasting and burning himself for huge metamagic.
Blue Mage5/Non-racist SCM3/Metaphysical Spellshaper1/Binder1/Incantatrix 10
Race: Not a clue.

What I'm asking from you:
Help me fill in the blanks for the roles these characters are filling. Everyone I play is packing some form of magic, so there is no problem there. It's mostly the race/remaining class/feat choices that are getting me. I'm also not very clear on how I should go about the skillmonkey.