Author Topic: Build Me A Monk  (Read 11264 times)

Rejakor

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
Re: Build Me A Monk
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2011, 10:00:12 PM »
Good point about psicrystals being immune as targets.

They're essentially useless in every way.  But assuming a pocket cohort, or follower, could he metaconcert with your schism and then maintain your powers?

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2011, 10:14:40 PM »
Good point about psicrystals being immune as targets.

They're essentially useless in every way.
Wha? Psicrystals are some of the absolute most awesome and useful pets in the game.

But assuming a pocket cohort, or follower, could he metaconcert with your schism and then maintain your powers?
It's one of those weird areas that I don't think metaconcert covers. It's a very weirdly-worded power, and one that nobody's really sure how to read.

So probably not, since it creates a separate entity (maybe) that doesn't use your psicrystal as its own (again, maybe).

So...maybe.
[spoiler]Masculine men like masculine things. Masculine men are masculine. Therefore, liking masculine men is masculine.

I dare anyone to find a hole in that logic.
[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
Which book is Lycanthromancer in?
Lyca ... is in the book. Yes he is.
 :D
shit.. concerning psionics optimization, lycan IS the book
[/spoiler]

Rejakor

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2011, 11:29:48 PM »
I don't think they're actually useless I just want them to do a thing they don't.

Silly psycrystals.

I don't want someone else to get my psycrystal.  I want to Schism, and then have someone else, someone with feats, Metaconcert with my Schismed mind.  Not with me, but with the OTHER mind in my head.  Then the metaconcerta'd being would use that power I was talking about to keep all my buffs up, which would affect 'me' because my schism counts as me for targeting powers.

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2011, 11:39:11 PM »
I don't think they're actually useless I just want them to do a thing they don't.

Silly psycrystals.

I don't want someone else to get my psycrystal.  I want to Schism, and then have someone else, someone with feats, Metaconcert with my Schismed mind.  Not with me, but with the OTHER mind in my head.  Then the metaconcerta'd being would use that power I was talking about to keep all my buffs up, which would affect 'me' because my schism counts as me for targeting powers.
I'm sure you could arrange something, but  manifesting a high level power is rather difficult unless you're willing to brave ability burn through a power stone.

But manifest metamorphosis on your psicrystal to make it a hydra or something, then you can schism it all you like.
[spoiler]Masculine men like masculine things. Masculine men are masculine. Therefore, liking masculine men is masculine.

I dare anyone to find a hole in that logic.
[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
Which book is Lycanthromancer in?
Lyca ... is in the book. Yes he is.
 :D
shit.. concerning psionics optimization, lycan IS the book
[/spoiler]

fuinjutsu

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #44 on: February 11, 2011, 03:31:23 AM »
I considered going shadowsun BATMAN (the character, not the wizardry style), but decided to stick with my original idea and use Disciple of the Word.

If I win even one round, I will be Incredibly Shocked.
Eh, the wizard have more money than them combined, he could in theory just use all his money on a fleet of trained attack mules, but then we aren't playing 3.5 but zergling rushing in Starcraft instead.

Rejakor

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2011, 05:12:44 AM »
Yeah don't worry, I found a fix.

Magic solves everything, always.

But seriously, you could do something like, be like level 8, take expanded essentia capacity twice, use psycarnum infusion on azure talent to manifest a earth powered temporal reiteration, use move action to regen focus, repeat.  As a Metaconcert of your schism and a cohort/follower.  Who between you and them, had all the right feats.  Each round your buffs would be refreshed.  So you could keep them up all day.