Author Topic: What is the point of medium and heavy armor?  (Read 110119 times)

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
Re: What is the point of medium and heavy armor?
« Reply #480 on: February 04, 2011, 09:51:36 PM »
Racial bonus feats ignore prerequisites.  Class bonus feats do not.

JaronK
Slight addendum. Class bonus feats that explicitly ignore prerequisites do. Others do not.
[spoiler]Masculine men like masculine things. Masculine men are masculine. Therefore, liking masculine men is masculine.

I dare anyone to find a hole in that logic.
[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
Which book is Lycanthromancer in?
Lyca ... is in the book. Yes he is.
 :D
shit.. concerning psionics optimization, lycan IS the book
[/spoiler]

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #481 on: February 04, 2011, 10:00:09 PM »
Personally speaking, I allow rogues to ignore prereqs (which doesn't allow for epic stuff anyway, since descriptors like [epic] aren't prereqs), simply because it fits into the category of not particularly imbalanced and rather hilarious.

I may be biased a little by the gape of the serpent rogue who went around eating people.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

JaronK

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #482 on: February 04, 2011, 10:09:59 PM »
Slight addendum. Class bonus feats that explicitly ignore prerequisites do. Others do not.

Well right, because specific overrides general always applies.  In the general case, though, class bonus feats require prerequisites to select and use them, just like level gained bonus feats.  Racial bonus feats don't.  Note that humans have a special note in the opposite direction, in that their bonus feat does require prerequisites because it's specifically stated to do so.

JaronK

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #483 on: February 04, 2011, 10:12:35 PM »
Also note that flaws grant "bonus feats" that don't have any text one way or another about prereqs; everybody just assumes they need to meet them.

Martial monk from dragon is probably the easiest way to get past prereqs via bonus feats.  Certainly the most legal.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Shadowhunter

• Hong Kong
« Reply #484 on: February 05, 2011, 12:58:06 AM »
That reminds me of Knowledge Devotion, a level 1 cleric and Knowledge (Anything) 5 ranks...
[Spoiler]
Quote from: Runestar
the most effective optimization is the one you can actually get away with.  :smirk

Quote from: Vinom
(A group of nerds are called a murder because like crows we are anti-social, like shiny things, and often squack at each other over nothing for hours)

I often have to remind people not to underrate divination.  The ability to effectively metagame without actually metagaming beats the ability to set things on fire more times than not.
[/quote]
[/spoiler]

Binder? You're Welcome

Zceryll makes Binders go from tier 3 to tier 2.
Cagemarrow is a Genius

Before giving the advice that build X would be better of with Fist of the Forest, take a long, good look at Primal Living. Twice.

JaronK

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #485 on: February 05, 2011, 07:52:11 AM »
Also note that flaws grant "bonus feats" that don't have any text one way or another about prereqs; everybody just assumes they need to meet them.

The general rule would of course apply (the feats section says feats need prerequisites).  Unless you take Sunic's interpretation of course, in which case you can take Epic Spellcasting at level 1 with a flaw because it's a bonus feat and he doesn't think MM is talking about racial bonus feats.

JaronK

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
« Reply #486 on: February 05, 2011, 03:13:09 PM »
That reminds me of Knowledge Devotion, a level 1 cleric and Knowledge (Anything) 5 ranks...
I think that's a case where you don't have to meet the prerequisite because Clerics have a special way of getting them.  It's basically an alternative class feature.
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.