Author Topic: Stacking Stacking feats...  (Read 2110 times)

Nytemare3701

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
Stacking Stacking feats...
« on: January 20, 2011, 08:07:08 AM »
Had the insane idea of stacking things like swift hunter, ascetic hunter, etc. Has anyone made a working character like that?

Alright, after checking, I found you can mix monk with 6 other classes, as long as you stay a monk after taking the 6. Unfortunately, most of them are crap synergies, that want you to leave monk to progress monk. The idea I'm going for is to put that crappy chassis to use, since it has the most "stacking" feats.

more to come...

Food for thought:
Rogue1/Paladin1/Ranger1/Sorcerer1(using Precocious Apprentice)/Ninja1/Monk15

It's a Monk15 with:
Monk19 Unarmed strike
Monk16 Ki Strike (The last level it matters)
Stunning Fist DC=23+WIS        20+1(ranger)+2(rogue)
Monk16 AC
Sac spell slots for +attack & damage for one round (woo +2 atk/dmg!)
1/day smite (for paladin 16 damage)

All for the cost of...6 feats. Wow, The monk is well and truly dead isn't it?

What about Scouts?

Rogue1/Ranger1/Scout18

Rogue20 Ambush Qualification
Ranger20 Favored Enemy
Scout18 Class features
Scout 20 Skirmish

Not terrible, but still pretty much a waste of a 2 feats...

This whole project was an exercise in futility, and the only halfway decent thing already exists in the form of the Swift Hunter's Handbook.

Rejakor

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
Re: Stacking Stacking feats...
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 11:14:20 AM »
With... Initiate of Milil?  And something else... you can blend like a Paladin, a.. bard?  And something else.  I forget why it's good though, something about CHA synergy.  I'm so tired.

Nytemare3701

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 11:20:47 AM »
There are a lot of classes that have CHA synergy. I was trying to use the "continue to advance your old class as normal" type feats.

Arcane-surge

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2011, 12:11:29 AM »
I like Feat Rogue 12/Swashbuckler 3/Scout 5, mixed around a bit, of course. With Daring Outlaw and Swift Ambusher (qualify by grabbing Assassin Stance w/feats or items), you get 10d6 Sneak Attack and 5d6 Skirmish, as well as a bunch of Fighter feats.
This space intentionally left blank.

Nytemare3701

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2011, 12:14:59 AM »
That's not bad. I would have liked to see the "ascetic" abilities stack though. It would have been the crappy monk with all the minor abilities of a bunch of classes, like Smite and Favored Enemy.

Caelic

• Hong Kong
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2011, 12:44:39 AM »
Bard 1/Monk 1/Paladin 18, with Devoted Performer, Devoted Ascetic, and Initiate of Milil.  Paladin with full Bard and Monk abilities.   Is that what you were thinking of?

Gods_Trick

• King Kong
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2011, 08:56:30 AM »

Just rewrite the Ascetic feats inline with the stuff you see in Complete Scoundrel. The earlier set were written when the idea that minmaxing munchkins  :smirk would try to break the already ovehpowehed!! monk  :rollseyes

Something like: progresses number and levels of Smite/ Monk dmg & AC and option to sack spels for SR 10 + 4* spell level for spell level/round.

So with something like Monk 1/Pal 19 you could get SR 26 for 4 rounds. Not bad I guess.

And so forth.

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Thread Necromancy a Specialty
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2011, 09:04:35 PM »
One of the funny things about those feats is that the following is funnily allowed:

Ranger 1/Scout 4/Paladin 1/Ranger 14
Favored Enemy like a 15th level Ranger
Smite like a 15th level Paladin
Skirmish like a 19th level Scout
Paladin Special Mount like a 16th level Paladin, even though you don't have Special Mount in the first place!
Ranger Animal Companion like a 16th level Ranger. That is all.

Might as well grab Natural Bond as well, to boost the last number by 3; almost at T-Rex level, but not quite.

The Special Mount and Animal Companion are the same creature by the way; weaker than a real Ubercharger, but eh.

And then there is the interesting Paladin 2/Monk 1/Sorcerer 17, with Kobold that's 18 Sorc levels, Charisma to AC and Saves.
[spoiler]Fighter: "I can kill a guy in one turn."
Cleric: "I can kill a guy in half a turn."
Wizard: "I can kill a guy before my turn."
Bard: "I can get three idiots to kill guys for me."

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.
probably over on "Off-topic".
might want to put a little disclaimer in the first post.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing

Rejakor

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2011, 06:26:41 PM »
Bard 1/Monk 1/Paladin 18, with Devoted Performer, Devoted Ascetic, and Initiate of Milil.  Paladin with full Bard and Monk abilities.   Is that what you were thinking of?

That's the one.  The only worthwhile paladin build that isn't an ordained champion or using ridiculous cheese.  And that's mainly if you dip incantatrix/spelldancer to get free persists or use DMM for the best pala/bard spells and even then you're a featstarved fighter with buffs.

Cannotthink

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2011, 01:32:38 AM »
A few more feats for stacking classes. All out of Dragon #357.

Elemental Avenger
   Shugenja and Ninja stack for Sense Elements, AC bonus, and Ki pool

Sacred Outlaw
   Cleric and Rogue stack for Turning checks and Sneak attack

Sacred Performer
   Bard and Cleric stack for turning check, turning damage, Bardic Music attempts, Bardic Knowledge bonus

Swift Avenger
   Druid and Scout stack for Skirmish and Wild Shape attempts