Author Topic: Crusader lvl 1 and 4 LA. What do I do next?  (Read 1478 times)

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
Crusader lvl 1 and 4 LA. What do I do next?
« on: January 20, 2011, 02:15:36 AM »
So I'm playing a LN crusader with 4 negative levels to represent the 4 LA that my character has, in a campaign world with barely 1% of the original pantheon still existing (Corellon, Malcanthet, Orcus, and the Hedradiah side of Demogorgon). I'm kind of at a loss for what I do next. I've been talking about it a bit to GawainBS, but I haven't really committed to any one thing.

I was thinking of buying off the 4 LA asap so I'd stop having so many negative numbers against my rolls. My Wisdom and Intelligence are above human average, but not by much. My Charisma is decent, and my physical stats are all well above human average. Kind of necessary for a melee character.

Being random, I was thinking Crusader 9/Hexblade 3/Fighter 2/Warblade 5/LA 4 and maybe take some racial HD since after 20th level (not 20 HD), we start going the epic route of BAB. Racial HD are still go the route of full BAB, which is nice. I'll take it.

Another route I was considering was going low arcane. Maybe Crusader 3/Sor 4/Abj Ch 4/JP Mage 8/LA 4.

This is of course assuming I get this far. Depending on what the DM does, I might end up getting tainted and taking Corrupt Avenger. If only because my race hunts down anyone who hurts their loved ones. If their mate was ever killed, they'd hunt them down to the ends of every plain that exists or was getting created. This is why their favored class is ranger, and planar ranger is the most common version they take. Again, this opens Jade Phoenix Mage.

The DM was suggesting that despite my low Wisdom, I should look at becoming a Crusader 4/Cloistered Cleric 2/Soulguard 10, and go from there. That is unless I could find an quicker way to get that PrC. I wouldn't even have to have a deity this way. Definitely tempting, but again I don't have the Wisdom. And before anyone says Pious Templar, and just choose a Lawful deity that you can worship the lawful part of, I'm an executioner. I wield the executioner mace from Age of Worms. I need to wield my deity's weapon. Too bad Orcus is CE. He might have changed up his weapon to something that badass.

Which brings up another possible route. The executioner mace might end up being my legacy item. This means that the route of Crusader 6/Hexblade 3/Legacy Champion 10/LA 4 is also open. Lower BAB, but it has UMD as a skill. Put a couple of ranks in there, and get a wand chamber for wraithstrike, and another wand for Divine Power. Also, extra skills to choose from is nice.

Of course there's always just going up the full 20 levels of Crusader. I'd get Endurance instead of Die Hard though since I already have that feat racially.

What say you?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 02:27:39 AM by kevin_video »
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

Nytemare3701

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
Re: Crusader lvl 1 and 4 LA. What do I do next?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2011, 07:46:48 AM »
If you have a good charisma, you should beg with your DM to use the "Fortitude replaces hitpoints" rules in UA, and just tack on Paladin 2 and go to town.

Hallack

• Hong Kong
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2011, 09:53:40 AM »
You may consider a Crusader/Dread Necro/ Ruby Knight Vindicator. 
Placeholder - T'tosc

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2011, 01:49:54 PM »
If you have a good charisma, you should beg with your DM to use the "Fortitude replaces hitpoints" rules in UA, and just tack on Paladin 2 and go to town.
If I go paladin, because I'm LN, I have to go Enforcer. This means I have to find a god, and I have to find a liege that worships said god, and become his/her servant.
We've already set the rules so he won't change them midgame.

@ Hallack -- Again, for me to become a Ruby Knight, I have to find a god and get them to replace Wee Jas who doesn't exist anymore, and have them take up the mantle of a LN god.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.