Author Topic: Ask a Simple Question 22: Bah weep gragnah weep nini bong  (Read 181759 times)

Rejakor

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
Re: Ask a Simple Question 22: Bah weep gragnah weep nini bong
« Reply #760 on: February 13, 2011, 09:43:00 AM »
Pay 3000g to replicate the effects of an Otyugh Hole for Iron Will?

In this situation a Fighter dip would actually be a not-bad move.  Proficiencies etc, and a feat sounds useful at this point.

GawainBS

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #761 on: February 13, 2011, 10:03:25 AM »
Yes, please, let's not dwell on the prereqs... It's for a PrC called Warcaster, which is a) quite good b) integral to the fluff of the campaign. (Let's not get in the whole "Refluff" discussion. My DM is lenient enough as is.)

Skill Focus: Conc is a bonus feat for dropping the familiar, so it has to be taken at lvl 1. At the moment, I have retrained Iron Will in MWP: Executioner's Mace, and I'm going to take Iron Will at lvl 9.

Right now, I'm Wizard 6, with the next three levels being Swiftblade, untill I qualify for Warcaster, then Swiftblade again.

Doesn't warcaster require heavy armor proficiency?

Nope. You're confusing Armour Proficiency (Warcaster Armour), which requires Heavy Armour Proficiency. You get all of those for free when entering the PrC.

PlzBreakMyCampaign

• Hong Kong
  • Immune to Critical Hits as a Fairness Elemental
« Reply #762 on: February 13, 2011, 04:09:43 PM »
Q192: Where might I find a set of simple, team-support character builds? We don't even have a marshal handbook and I'm disappointed I can't find a simple fifth wheel sort of build. (Inspire Courage is the complication level or less I'm shooting for several other newish party members to try to remember)
Bump
[Spoiler]
An interesting read, nice to see a civil discussion
The point of Spell Resistance is to make it harder to get buffed.
And healed. Don't forget that.
Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.
[/Spoiler]

Old Geezer's Law of Hobby Taste: The more objectively inconsequential a hobby is, the more disagreements within the community will be expressed in outrageously insulting, overblown, and ludicrously emotionally laden terms.

More Funny than Humble[Spoiler]
Quote from: PlzBreakMyCampaign
Your a shifter... you have all you ever need.
It blows MoMF out of the water

But if your greedy for more [Wish] for something that only effects you, like another class level or two that doesn't count against your ECL.
Quote from: hungryhungryhippo987
Yes, I'm the 3.0 "Masters of the Wild" shifter, the awesome kind. My favorite form to take is Force Dragon. Yes, I am immortal ... My character is hands down the coolest guy in the campaign and there is nothing I could possibly want.
PBMC gets a cookie for DotA r

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #763 on: February 13, 2011, 04:11:33 PM »
Bump

Q 162 Is there an epic version of the Belt of Magnificence? If not, how much would it be for a +8, +10, and +12? I Googled it, and someone rounded it down to "around" 8 million. Another person here, on an old, old Ask thread, said around 4 million.

Q 163a Apparently the Deathbringer, like other MMII creatures, are incredibly underpowered given their CR. It's even been said that they should actually be a CR 13. Is this true? What CR would you say it should be rated, given it's current stats?
Q 163b What older Dungeon magazine adventure has a Deathbringer in it?
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

Hitoshura

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
« Reply #764 on: February 13, 2011, 09:00:28 PM »
Q. 208 - Is there any way other than Cosmic Descryer to improve Called creatures through Planar Binding?

Garryl

• Hong Kong
« Reply #765 on: February 13, 2011, 09:13:56 PM »
A208: Races of Faerun has Infernal Bargainer, which increases the HD cap for called evil creatures by 2. Dragon 336 has Implore, which is similar to an improved Planar Binding, having a 24 HD limit, but I think it has certain other limitations. I think the Malconvoker prestige class has an ability that increases the HD limit, as well.
A Guide to Free D&D - A resource of free, official D&D resources on the web.
General listing of my homebrew.
Links to things I've worked on
[spoiler]
Idiot Crusader, refreshing maneuvers for free every round.
The Opposed Checks Handbook - Under construction.
Adaptations Handbook - Under construction.
[/spoiler]

Shiki

• King Kong
  • Mindraped
« Reply #766 on: February 13, 2011, 09:15:37 PM »
^8th level Malconvoker's ability, Improved Calling which increase the normal HD limit of your Planar Ally and Planar Binding spells (including lesser and greater versions) by 2.
"An ally of truth."

Soundtrack of the week:
Kagamine Rin - Antichlorobenzene (ft. Kagamine Ren)

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #767 on: February 14, 2011, 12:06:47 AM »
Q 209 I'm looking for a really simple mansion or house map. I've looked up map-of-the-week maps on WotC, and they're all too big and extravagant for what I'm needing. Just a basic three or four bedroom 2-floor house, and a cellar for a basement. Any chance anyone's got something that simplistic?

Q 210 Looking at the Carrionette in Dragon 339 pg 49, I'm reading up on the Mind Switch ability they have, and it says that it's like the spell Magic Jar. However, Magic Jar at least gives you a Will save. I see nothing of the sort here. Do you really not get one? The slowing needles give you a Fort save. Does it just not mention a Will save, and you should just add one in?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 01:23:43 AM by kevin_video »

bearsarebrown

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #768 on: February 14, 2011, 01:37:25 AM »
Q 209 I'm looking for a really simple mansion or house map. I've looked up map-of-the-week maps on WotC, and they're all too big and extravagant for what I'm needing. Just a basic three or four bedroom 2-floor house, and a cellar for a basement. Any chance anyone's got something that simplistic?
Wouldn't it be trivial to just make one?

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #769 on: February 14, 2011, 01:39:43 AM »
Wouldn't it be trivial to just make one?
What? Work? I don't do such nonsense. :rollseyes But seriously, I don't design very well, and it'd just be simpler if I could find one that I could at least get ideas off of. Everything I've found so far is just too extravagant and big. And the less drafting I have to do, the better.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #770 on: February 14, 2011, 02:20:47 AM »
Q 211 Anyone know what a "+2 spiked nimbleness strength breastplate" does? Just found it on the WotC site, on a creature.
http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/fc/20060317a
Doesn't mention the source on the "strength" part.

SeekingKnight

• Curious George
« Reply #771 on: February 14, 2011, 02:36:59 AM »
Q212

Simple question.  What are the legal Core ways to get a weapon's crit range down to 14-20?  I guess as a second part what is the legal way non core to get the lowest crit range possible?

Arigato

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #772 on: February 14, 2011, 04:24:34 AM »
Q212

Simple question.  What are the legal Core ways to get a weapon's crit range down to 14-20?  I guess as a second part what is the legal way non core to get the lowest crit range possible?

Arigato

Don't think you can do it core.

Zebu

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #773 on: February 14, 2011, 04:37:06 AM »
Q213 How do you tell whether a natural weapon (like a bite or a gore) should get 0.5*Str, 1*Str, or 1.5*Str to damage?  Is there a rule somewhere that explains it?

Maat_Mons

• Hong Kong
  • What is a smile but a grimace of happiness?
« Reply #774 on: February 14, 2011, 04:52:46 AM »
Q 211 Anyone know what a "+2 spiked nimbleness strength breastplate" does?

It adds a +2 or +4 enhancement bonus to strength, depending on the version.  It isn't noted, but it appears to be the +2 version, judging by his ability scores.  You can find the armor quality in Magic of Faerun, on page 137. 

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #775 on: February 14, 2011, 05:08:32 AM »
Q213 How do you tell whether a natural weapon (like a bite or a gore) should get 0.5*Str, 1*Str, or 1.5*Str to damage?  Is there a rule somewhere that explains it?
If it's the creature's only natural weapon, it gets 1.5*Str.

If it's the creature's primary natural weapon, but not the only one, it gets 1*Str.

If it's the creatures secondary natural weapon, or if the creature is using a manufactured weapon, then it gets 0.5*Str.

Zebu

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #776 on: February 14, 2011, 05:24:26 AM »

If it's the creature's primary natural weapon, but not the only one, it gets 1*Str.

If it's the creatures secondary natural weapon, or if the creature is using a manufactured weapon, then it gets 0.5*Str.

Thanks!  Erm...  Is there something I can show to my DM that says what you just did?

Catty Nebulart

• Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #777 on: February 14, 2011, 08:13:59 AM »

Thanks!  Erm...  Is there something I can show to my DM that says what you just did?

see damage; http://www.d20srd.org/srd/improvingMonsters.htm#attackandFullAttack
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."

Aharon

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
« Reply #778 on: February 14, 2011, 11:04:44 AM »
Q214 Can you emulate the Kalashtar race with an UPD check for purpose of using Power Link Shards?
By clicking this link, you open a pop-up, but I get a eurocent for my current wish, the 5th book of the Wheel of Time series. Please note that this only works if you leave the pop-up opened till it has finished loading. Thank you!

bearsarebrown

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #779 on: February 14, 2011, 11:05:36 AM »
Q214 Can you emulate the Kalashtar race with an UPD check for purpose of using Power Link Shards?
yes