Author Topic: Ask a Simple Question 22: Bah weep gragnah weep nini bong  (Read 181760 times)

Aharon

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
Re: Ask a Simple Question 22: Bah weep gragnah weep nini bong
« Reply #500 on: February 03, 2011, 05:00:08 PM »
A126
That's up to your DM. The well-defined categories (prevalent, anointed and vanguard spells) definitely do not include this.
Prevalent Powers, however, might:
Feats=> You might argue that bestowing feats can be done via Dark Chaos Feat Shuffle, i.e. an 8th level spell, and is thus equivalent to a major power.
Increase Caster Level => The 4th level spell Consumptive field increases caster level, so it could be considered equivalent to a medium power.
Bestow Extraordinary Abilities => Polymorph => medium power.
Bestow Supernatural Abilities => Shapechange => major power.

This, however, is, as all things related to epic spells, completely subject to DM approval.

A135
I think it would work on a village of 1st level commoners. It has the same name and descriptor (Feed (Su)) as the ability of the Barghest (MMI), with the difference that the Barghest has to feed on a specific number of corpses instead of a specific number of HD.

Q137
There was a Dragon Magazine with a table that listed LAs for normally LA - monsters like beholder. Does anybody remember which Dragon that was in?

By clicking this link, you open a pop-up, but I get a eurocent for my current wish, the 5th book of the Wheel of Time series. Please note that this only works if you leave the pop-up opened till it has finished loading. Thank you!

Ithamar

• Hong Kong
  • PM me if you're interested in some Arena action!
« Reply #501 on: February 03, 2011, 06:40:06 PM »
Q138:  The quickest way to get a Jermlaine (Fey from MMII) the [Humanoid] type...  Dustform -> Incarnate Construct?  Or is there something that would be slightly less background intensive and perhaps not as cheesey?

I'm trying to get Divine Minion template onto a Jermlaine as easily as possible, and need to be either Humanoid or Monstrous Humanoid.
Are you worthy of Ascension?
Always accepting gladiators!  Now with a new and improved rule set!

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #502 on: February 03, 2011, 06:52:48 PM »
Q138:  The quickest way to get a Jermlaine (Fey from MMII) the [Humanoid] type...  Dustform -> Incarnate Construct?  Or is there something that would be slightly less background intensive and perhaps not as cheesey?

You might be able to argue that the unseelie fey template allows for you to have a bit of human blood somewhere in your mucked up crossbreeding fey ancestry, and then take the human heritage feat from RoD.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 07:24:30 PM by The_Mad_Linguist »
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

bearsarebrown

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #503 on: February 03, 2011, 07:08:08 PM »
Q138:  The quickest way to get a Jermlaine (Fey from MMII) the [Humanoid] type...  Dustform -> Incarnate Construct?  Or is there something that would be slightly less background intensive and perhaps not as cheesey?

"Mulhorandi divine minion" (hereafter "divine minion") is an acquired template that can be added to any humanoid, monstrous humanoid, humanoid or monstrous humanoid with the celestial or fiendish template, or humanoid-shaped outsider (referred to hereafter as the base creature).

Otherworldly. Skimp out of the regional part by having a Celestial Attended Birth.

TC X0 Lt 0X

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #504 on: February 03, 2011, 09:16:04 PM »
Q129
What Spellcasting Prestige Classes can a Level 6 Human Sorcerer Qualify for?

Bump

:bigeye
"Never beg, you earn, by winning,
or else you won't get anything..."

ZeroKnight

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #505 on: February 03, 2011, 09:36:29 PM »
Q129

Bump

:bigeye

Most of them, Your Question is really too vague to answer.

Archmage Joda

• Bi-Curious George
  • Parenchaaaaaaaaaannn!!!
    • Email
« Reply #506 on: February 03, 2011, 09:44:40 PM »
Q 139 Is there any way pre-epic to heighten a spell to 11th lvl besides Circle Magic?
"My advanced brain is far too meaty to be swayed. Plus, it's practically dripping with genius sauce made from a special recipe of 11 herbs and spices" - Black Mage

Maat_Mons

• Hong Kong
  • What is a smile but a grimace of happiness?
« Reply #507 on: February 03, 2011, 09:49:24 PM »
Q129

I can't point you anything that answers your question directly, but I can point you to a list of prestige classes for sorcerers

Tenebrous Apostate

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #508 on: February 03, 2011, 09:50:29 PM »
Q140Does the precision damage from other sources (like the Deadly precision enchantment and the Critical Strike spell) Stack with normal sneak attack for the purpose of beign expended in feats like Maiming Strike?
Dead mortals feel no Dread

wotmaniac

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Emperor's Enforcer
« Reply #509 on: February 03, 2011, 09:58:25 PM »
Q140Does the precision damage from other sources (like the Deadly precision enchantment and the Critical Strike spell) Stack with normal sneak attack for the purpose of beign expended in feats like Maiming Strike?
A140
I would say yes, based on the "page 16 rule" .... see p.16 of Complete Warrior for further details.

[spoiler]
If you stop ignoring 289 pages telling what the intent is to stretch "more power" in your own god complexion of your interpretation trumps all to cover ability adjustments from aging then I will ignore a quarter page of rules that exist within a sidebar.
I think in this case the grammar is less important than whether the Str and Dex bonus provided to your created undead scales.

Greenbound Summoning RAI
Expanded Gestalt
More Savage Progressions[/spoiler]
Report any wrongs I have done here.

Barbarossa

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
« Reply #510 on: February 03, 2011, 10:28:05 PM »
Bump for question 98

Q98: Is there anything, by RAW, that prevents someone from making an attack of opportunity on an object that passes through a threatened tile?

bkdubs123

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #511 on: February 04, 2011, 02:37:11 AM »
Q141: If you're a Crusader can your Steely Resolve effectively double any Damage Reduction you may have? For example, at low levels let's say you've got Steely Resolve 5 and DR 2/-- and you get hit with an attack that deals 7 damage. Five points of that 7 go into your delayed damage pool and the other 2 are prevented by your DR, right? And then at the end of your next turn you'd be dealt 5 damage, but your DR kicks in again to reduce the 5 to 3 doesn't it?

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #512 on: February 04, 2011, 02:58:59 AM »
Q141: If you're a Crusader can your Steely Resolve effectively double any Damage Reduction you may have? For example, at low levels let's say you've got Steely Resolve 5 and DR 2/-- and you get hit with an attack that deals 7 damage. Five points of that 7 go into your delayed damage pool and the other 2 are prevented by your DR, right? And then at the end of your next turn you'd be dealt 5 damage, but your DR kicks in again to reduce the 5 to 3 doesn't it?
Sadly, no. It doesn't work that way.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

bkdubs123

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #513 on: February 04, 2011, 03:20:32 AM »

So, then, if I may be so bold, how does it work?

PlzBreakMyCampaign

• Hong Kong
  • Immune to Critical Hits as a Fairness Elemental
« Reply #514 on: February 04, 2011, 03:47:30 AM »
I feel like doing some clean-up:

Anything else? (except Agita's find)
Its quite trivial to max that check. My Max Rebuke build doesn't need to roll for the max tier of the turning check.

Addendum129 If you are having trouble qualifying, check out my Prerequisite Handbook. Six whole levels is a LOT of base class levels before hopping into a PrC.

A98 Barring it? No. It's a grey area. I see absolutely no problem with it, since traps and other objects can be "challenges," "opponents" isn't a stretch.

Q137
There was a Dragon Magazine with a table that listed LAs for normally LA - monsters like beholder. Does anybody remember which Dragon that was in?
I too, would like to see this.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 04:01:06 AM by PlzBreakMyCampaign »
[Spoiler]
An interesting read, nice to see a civil discussion
The point of Spell Resistance is to make it harder to get buffed.
And healed. Don't forget that.
Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.
[/Spoiler]

Old Geezer's Law of Hobby Taste: The more objectively inconsequential a hobby is, the more disagreements within the community will be expressed in outrageously insulting, overblown, and ludicrously emotionally laden terms.

More Funny than Humble[Spoiler]
Quote from: PlzBreakMyCampaign
Your a shifter... you have all you ever need.
It blows MoMF out of the water

But if your greedy for more [Wish] for something that only effects you, like another class level or two that doesn't count against your ECL.
Quote from: hungryhungryhippo987
Yes, I'm the 3.0 "Masters of the Wild" shifter, the awesome kind. My favorite form to take is Force Dragon. Yes, I am immortal ... My character is hands down the coolest guy in the campaign and there is nothing I could possibly want.
PBMC gets a cookie for DotA r

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #515 on: February 04, 2011, 03:48:10 AM »

So, then, if I may be so bold, how does it work?
It's everything except getting the DR twice. You still deflect 2 damage, and you still put 5 into your Steely Resolve. All you're doing is toughing it out for a few seconds before the damage takes effect.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

bkdubs123

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #516 on: February 04, 2011, 03:59:56 AM »
It's everything except getting the DR twice. You still deflect 2 damage, and you still put 5 into your Steely Resolve. All you're doing is toughing it out for a few seconds before the damage takes effect.

Okay, so you aren't dealt damage a second time? I don't have my copy of Tome of Battle handy, so I can't check the text, but for some reason I could have sworn it said something to the effect of "at the end of your next turn you are dealt damage equal to the amount in your delayed damage pool," which, to me, sounds like if the initial damage exceeds your Steely Resolve amount you get dealt damage twice.

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #517 on: February 04, 2011, 04:04:04 AM »
Bump for question 98

Q98: Is there anything, by RAW, that prevents someone from making an attack of opportunity on an object that passes through a threatened tile?
Asking the wrong question.  You need a rule to *allow* that.  You can make AoO's on creatures, so the object would have to be somehow animated in order for you to make an AoO on it for passing through threatened squares.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #518 on: February 04, 2011, 04:05:20 AM »

Okay, so you aren't dealt damage a second time? I don't have my copy of Tome of Battle handy, so I can't check the text, but for some reason I could have sworn it said something to the effect of "at the end of your next turn you are dealt damage equal to the amount in your delayed damage pool," which, to me, sounds like if the initial damage exceeds your Steely Resolve amount you get dealt damage twice.
It's not a weapon or natural attack, though, so dr isn't going to apply anyway.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

bkdubs123

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #519 on: February 04, 2011, 04:52:16 AM »
It's not a weapon or natural attack, though, so dr isn't going to apply anyway.

Aha, touche.