Author Topic: Ask a Simple Question 22: Bah weep gragnah weep nini bong  (Read 181746 times)

betrayor

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
Re: Ask a Simple Question 22: Bah weep gragnah weep nini bong
« Reply #220 on: January 25, 2011, 09:02:37 AM »

Q 60: What level are the 2 spells needed for the Dark Chaos Shuffle, and which book are they found in?

Both are level 8 and they are in Fiendish Codex 1:Hordes of the Abyss.......
They both cost 250 xp and their names are Shun the Dark Chaos and Embrace the Dark Chaos.....

Gods_Trick

• King Kong
« Reply #221 on: January 25, 2011, 09:04:33 AM »

Q 60: What level are the 2 spells needed for the Dark Chaos Shuffle, and which book are they found in?

Beautiful!   :D Danke.

Both are level 8 and they are in Fiendish Codex 1:Hordes of the Abyss.......
They both cost 250 xp and their names are Shun the Dark Chaos and Embrace the Dark Chaos.....

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
« Reply #222 on: January 25, 2011, 10:09:23 AM »
Q55: Without level adjustment, caster level loss, or (Greater) Anyspell, what methods exist to give a Cleric Pounce?
At the very least, Transformation and Animal domains for some spell turning you into a creature with Pounce.  (Shapechange for both, Polymorph for the first).

Don't have either of those domains. With that said, the Tiger Claw way might work. Sure I could Draconic Polymorph into a Cave Troll, but I'd rather be a War Troll with Pounce. :P
Smiting Imbeciles since 1985.

If you hear this music, run.

And don't forget:

There is no greater contribution than Hi Welcome.

Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.

IP proofing and avoiding being CAPed OR - how to make characters relevant in the long term.

Friends don't let friends be Short Bus Hobos.

[spoiler]
Sunic may be more abrasive than sandpaper coated in chainsaws (not that its a bad thing, he really does know what he's talking about), but just posting in this thread without warning and telling him he's an asshole which, if you knew his past experiences on WotC and Paizo is flat-out uncalled for. Never mind the insults (which are clearly 4Chan-level childish). You say people like Sunic are the bane of the internet? Try looking at your own post and telling me you are better than him.

Here's a fun fact: You aren't. By a few leagues.
[/spoiler]

braininthejar

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #223 on: January 25, 2011, 10:33:29 AM »
Q: how many times can a venomous creature bite/sting before it rund out of venom? (it just occured to me that you can cast venomfire on something that spits...)

bearsarebrown

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #224 on: January 25, 2011, 12:03:54 PM »
Q: how many times can a venomous creature bite/sting before it rund out of venom? (it just occured to me that you can cast venomfire on something that spits...)
infinity

braininthejar

« Reply #225 on: January 25, 2011, 01:34:12 PM »
So, with rapid maximalization, I could get my venomous friend to strike (or spit) for 48 dmg per hit, for an hour?

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #226 on: January 25, 2011, 01:50:41 PM »
So, with rapid maximalization, I could get my venomous friend to strike (or spit) for 48 dmg per hit, for an hour?
Yes.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

weenog

• Grape ape
« Reply #227 on: January 25, 2011, 03:09:24 PM »
What, no energy admixed, empowered, possibly fell drain (I forget whether you can apply it) spit?
"We managed to make an NPC puke an undead monster."
"That sounds like a victory to me."

braininthejar

« Reply #228 on: January 25, 2011, 04:56:46 PM »
What, no energy admixed, empowered, possibly fell drain (I forget whether you can apply it) spit?

I am a bit new to this stuff

Kaori

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #229 on: January 25, 2011, 06:43:56 PM »
Q: Is there any way to get the Monstrous Beast template(savage species pg122) onto a PC?

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #230 on: January 25, 2011, 06:55:59 PM »
Q: Is there any way to get the Monstrous Beast template(savage species pg122) onto a PC?
Play a hairy spider (monsters of faerun, 3.5 update), or possibly a tibbit (dragcomp)
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

weenog

• Grape ape
« Reply #231 on: January 26, 2011, 01:08:51 AM »

I am a bit new to this stuff

That wasn't meant to be a jab at you.  I was just surprised all you got was a "Yes" rather than one or more suggestions for turning Spit Poison into a shot that'll make a warlock green with envy.
"We managed to make an NPC puke an undead monster."
"That sounds like a victory to me."

Epimetheus

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #232 on: January 26, 2011, 04:00:55 AM »
Q 63 Is it really legal to have a Barbarian with Wildshape at level 5? (Assuming variant chaining)

Rage -> Archery Combat Style, Favored Enemy
Combat Style -> Wild Shape (small/med only), Fast Movement

My doubt is that 'Archery Combat Style' != Combat Style because Archery Combat Style is more specific.

Q 64 Why do some people say variant chaining is legal? The requirement to take an alternate class feature is to actually take the class, isn't it? It has nothing to do with the fact that one could give up certain class features.

(Might not actually be a simple question.)

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #233 on: January 26, 2011, 04:56:24 AM »
A character has a touchstone feat, and is currently attuned to random location A
This character is also a chameleon, and uses his bonus feat to take touchstone again. 
This attunes him to random location A and random location B.

Now, if he attuned himself to random location C, he'd be able to choose whether he lost A or lost B.  That's explicit. 

There isn't anything linking a particular site to a particular version of the feat - each touchstone feat gives you a slot, so it looks like if he chooses a different bonus feat the next day, he can say "screw A, I'm keeping B", and keep B.

I guess the question here is

Q)Can a chameleon use his bonus feat to shuffle around a different touchstone feat's target?
Planetouched Handbook

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #234 on: January 26, 2011, 05:32:09 AM »
Q's 63 and 64 are in no way simple.  Honestly, giving them their own thread will not yield a solid argument one way or another.

The way I see it, if a Ranger's combat style can be traded-in for Wild Shape, then why *not* a Barbarian's combat style?  Even if it's specifically the Archery style, they're all supposedly of equal value, hence why you're able to trade them out in the first place.  Personally, I think chaining to this degree has actually resulted in a relatively weaker character.  He has poor reflex saves, fewer skill points, and no Ranger spells.  12 HP and Uncanny Dodge really doesn't compensate very well for that.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #235 on: January 26, 2011, 07:43:15 AM »
Is there a list of domain granted powers anywhere?  The closest thing I can find is this:
http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=2773.0
but that's obviously not complete.
Planetouched Handbook

Monotremeancer

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #236 on: January 26, 2011, 08:39:38 AM »
Is there a list of domain granted powers anywhere?  The closest thing I can find is this:
http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=2773.0
but that's obviously not complete.
http://chet.kindredcircle.org/pdf/DnD3.5Index-Spells-ClericalDomains.pdf
If you do not mind some scrolling, there are some over there not covered by the dipping-guide
Who cares for realism when you can be awesome?

Bastian

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #237 on: January 26, 2011, 09:27:59 AM »
Q 63 Is it really legal to have a Barbarian with Wildshape at level 5? (Assuming variant chaining)

Rage -> Archery Combat Style, Favored Enemy
Combat Style -> Wild Shape (small/med only), Fast Movement

My doubt is that 'Archery Combat Style' != Combat Style because Archery Combat Style is more specific.

Q 64 Why do some people say variant chaining is legal? The requirement to take an alternate class feature is to actually take the class, isn't it? It has nothing to do with the fact that one could give up certain class features.

(Might not actually be a simple question.)
It's not legal by RAW since you are right, you can only take an alternate class feature for the class it specifies it is for. However, it is a perfectly reasonable house rule.

People say it is legal because of wishful thinking and they think it is cool/reasonable.

Maat_Mons

• Hong Kong
  • What is a smile but a grimace of happiness?
« Reply #238 on: January 26, 2011, 09:33:56 AM »
Is there a list of domain granted powers anywhere?  The closest thing I can find is this: http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=2773.0 but that's obviously not complete.
http://chet.kindredcircle.org/pdf/DnD3.5Index-Spells-ClericalDomains.pdf If you do not mind some scrolling, there are some over there not covered by the dipping-guide

Also, IMarvinTPA provides the granted power for each of the 131 domains it lists. 

Kajhera

• Hong Kong
« Reply #239 on: January 26, 2011, 10:40:33 AM »
Q66: Can you really stack Extend and Persist to get a 36-hour duration spell? Knee-jerk reaction in my group was 'those probably wouldn't stack', so if they do, I and my clericdin would like a good reason why they do.