Author Topic: [help]Building a gestalt buff/heal/magic weapon crafting Artificer 10  (Read 1888 times)

Sachiru

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
As topic says.

All WotC source material open, stat rolls are 42 point buy, starting wealth is WBL + 50%, starting level 10, LA buyback allowed.

What would you guys suggest?

Sachiru

Re: [help]Building a gestalt buff/heal/magic weapon crafting Artificer 10
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 01:40:14 AM »
The concept would be that of a character who's the party techie.
Have an impossibly high wall that you need to climb? No problem, out comes his custom magic item that adds +30 to balance and climb checks.
Need to look for the little girl's missing kittie wearing a pendant of Invisibility? No problem, out comes his utility homunculus-reflavored-as-android-robot-servants with True Sight.
Face a troll in combat? The party's barbarian pulls out a gifted custom acid grenade with integrated homing (via true strike and energy substituted fireball in a custom one-time-use command action activated item).
During downtime, he maintains the barbarian's reactive armor with integrated Heroism, Haste, etc, contingent heals and a bunch of other stuff.
In combat, he lays down custom totems that continually buffs allies, causes his android-guardian-Iron-Defenders to tank for the party, and occasionally pulls out a arbalester-reflavored-as-mobile-Sentry-Gun out to help.

He will be so-so in combat, not actually attacking per se but more in a supporting role.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 01:51:52 AM by Sachiru »

JohnnyMayHymn

• Bi-Curious George
  • Lord of the Kitchen Sink
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2011, 09:14:03 AM »
binder has a vestige that gives you an item creation feat for the day, this will free up some feats...

factotum is always useful with another Int based class, but can also be feat hungry, for FOI until it caps out

most psionic classes can get you into thrallherd, for a fresh artificer//something thrall every day

or there is always Alchemist Savant, for potions that you can put spells or infusions into,

and Cannith Wand Adept for dual wielding wands on the cheap!

for the  LA... hrm      ask about sharn or ghost, ... or both!
or a thrallherd ghost artificer could get pretty scary

My (sometimes offensive) Web Comic Faux Blast
Can you find the Wumpus? (Hint: start with the spoiler....)
[spoiler] :beathorse [/spoiler]
...........  :joystick

Dictum Mortuum

• Hong Kong
  • always female suspects
    • Email
Dictum Mortuum's Handbooks: My personal character optimization blog.

Ithamar

• Hong Kong
  • PM me if you're interested in some Arena action!
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2011, 08:50:38 PM »
Crusadificer?  Nice...
Are you worthy of Ascension?
Always accepting gladiators!  Now with a new and improved rule set!

Sachiru

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2011, 12:06:27 AM »
Very nice.

Could I have a level 10 version of it?

Catty Nebulart

• Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2011, 01:14:44 AM »
I was just thinking about a mechanatrix Artificer, for gestalt I would probably use a warblade / aritficer, focusing on the white raven school (I like warblade a lot better than crusader, plus int synergy, and it will shore up your weak reflex save.) Not sure what PrC's to use, I like renegade master maker for flavor/looks, but it's not very optimal. Possibly trapsmith 1 followed by swiftblade for some more casting and gishness, it's too bad I don't really see a way to shoehorn 3 levels of factotum into the build.

Mechanatrix is nice because of the skill bonuses that fit an artificer to a T, especially the +4 to Craft, and Knowledge (architecture), and +8 to Profession (engineer).

Remember that craft can be used untrained, and with being int focused it's relativly easy to get a +30 or better modifier on all craft checks, even without ranks (renegade master maker gives +1 per level to craft checks, so +10 rmm + 4 race + 8 int, and I don't remember what other bonuses I used +36 at 15'th level without ranks tough.).
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."

Sachiru

« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2011, 01:01:32 PM »
How about an Artificer 10 | Wizard 5 / War Weaver 5?

Sachiru

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2011, 01:48:50 AM »
Bumping for greatness.

Nytemare3701

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2011, 10:34:17 AM »
On the theme of insane utility. Look for wands as loot. Any level 2+ wands will do. Now go look at the spell "Wand Modulation".
 Hell, you can get a wand of Wand Modulation and cast it on your Wand Modulation wand. and then use it to cast any spell of wand level -1.