Author Topic: Bear Warrior + Primeval = ???  (Read 1451 times)

Echoes

• Bi-Curious George
Bear Warrior + Primeval = ???
« on: January 03, 2011, 01:11:07 AM »
So, I was reading Solo's guide to barbarians and got to thinking: what would happen if you had a Bear Warrior/Primeval? Since the bonuses from both bear warrior and primeval are additive rather than transformative, they should stack with each other, netting you some potentially very impressive physical stats.

Any thoughts? Where to go with this, best form for primeval, best order to do things in (rage then shift and go giant squid for awesome stats + lots of attacks, for example)?

As a secondary question, bear form applies when you rage or frenzy, but you can do both if you have them. Could you double-bear form and get the bonuses twice if you were a Barbarian/Frenzied Berserker/Bear Warrior? That'd be kinda nuts with Bear Warrior 10 (+40 Str, +4 Dex, +16 Con, +7 natural armor). My instinct on this tells me no, but that the Primeval/Bear Warrior combo should work.
BrokeAndDrive speaks the Truth (linked for great justice and signature limits)

Quotes I Found Entertaining:

Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.

As a general rule, murdering people and taking their stuff is pretty much superior to breaking their stuff, murdering them, then not having any stuff to take.

Out of Context Theater
[spoiler]
Oh I'll make a party. I'll make a party so hard... I'll make a party that makes you feel so awkward downstairs.

You'll see the party and only be able to respond, "Oh yeah baby."
[/spoiler]

Bauglir

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • TriOptimum
Re: Bear Warrior + Primeval = ???
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2011, 02:32:05 AM »
Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't these both ultimately based on polymorph, and thus are technically subject to non-stacking rules? That's just from memory, but I recall having the thought before.
So you end up stuck in an endless loop, unable to act, forever.

In retrospect, much like Keanu Reeves.