Author Topic: Help me build a Halfling capable of Bull-Rushing the Tarrasque.  (Read 2620 times)

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Thread Necromancy a Specialty
Help me build a Halfling capable of Bull-Rushing the Tarrasque.
« on: January 01, 2011, 05:54:41 PM »
And actually making him move.

Alright, all I have so far is this:

CE Halfling Barbarian 1 (Halfling Rage and Unholy Fury variants)

Unholy Fury: 1/rage smite any non-CE. Uses Str as the stat that's added to your attack roll, iirc.
Halfling Rage: Normal Rage, and size-based penalties to special combat maneuvers are removed.

PB an 18-2 Str

Feats (2 Flaws):
Power Attack
Smiting Power (Can use the bonus to attack from your Smite as a bonus to bullrush/overrun attempts.)
Reckless Rage.

At level 1, this halfling has a +13 to Bullrush attempts while raging. This can easily be boosted; I'm thinking Sapphire Smite at 3rd (mainly for the bonus it grants to hit), and Awesome Smite for my 6th (to get through Cha*2 DR)

Yes, I know this is suboptimal, but it came from a thought experiment i which I tried to make a Reaping Mauler that doesn't suck.

Maybe Were-Badger, for the Strength Boost and Rage stacking? An ECL 5 Afflicted Werebadger would have something on the order of 30 Str easily, resulting in Bullrush attempts with a bonus of at least +23.
[spoiler]Fighter: "I can kill a guy in one turn."
Cleric: "I can kill a guy in half a turn."
Wizard: "I can kill a guy before my turn."
Bard: "I can get three idiots to kill guys for me."

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.
probably over on "Off-topic".
might want to put a little disclaimer in the first post.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing

weenog

• Grape ape
Re: Help me build a Halfling capable of Bull-Rushing the Tarrasque.
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2011, 06:03:49 PM »
Reaping Mauler that doesn't suck.

Good luck, I've tried and come up mostly empty-handed.  I think something like Monk 1/X 4/War Mind 10/Reaping Mauler 5 with Tashalatora could be not completely useless, but it wouldn't be great.
"We managed to make an NPC puke an undead monster."
"That sounds like a victory to me."

wotmaniac

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Emperor's Enforcer
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2011, 06:11:20 PM »
a couple of levels of PsyWar for effective use of expansion is always a boon. :)

[spoiler]
If you stop ignoring 289 pages telling what the intent is to stretch "more power" in your own god complexion of your interpretation trumps all to cover ability adjustments from aging then I will ignore a quarter page of rules that exist within a sidebar.
I think in this case the grammar is less important than whether the Str and Dex bonus provided to your created undead scales.

Greenbound Summoning RAI
Expanded Gestalt
More Savage Progressions[/spoiler]
Report any wrongs I have done here.

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2011, 06:14:23 PM »
Use Dire Badger over normal Badger.  Better stat boosts and is Medium sized.
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2011, 06:33:17 PM »
Use Dire Badger over normal Badger.  Better stat boosts and is Medium sized.

It's a snake! It's a snake! It's a snake!
Oh... It's a snakeman.

But yeah...whenever I see "bull rush" in a splat book my eyes sort of glaze over it and move on to the next thing.
It always seems like the barrels around here have something in them.

Maat_Mons

• Hong Kong
  • What is a smile but a grimace of happiness?
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2011, 06:50:33 PM »
If you can find a way to count as large, knockback (Races of Stone 142) gives you a bonus equal to twice your power attack penalty. 

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2011, 07:11:14 PM »
Hmm, does that powerful build from that location in Sandstorm make me count as 1 size larger or as Large?

Because if the latter, Knockback here I come!

I'll also look into Dire Badger.

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2011, 08:28:15 PM »
I know a kobold build that could bull-rush him, while counting as Diminutive size. :D
[spoiler]Masculine men like masculine things. Masculine men are masculine. Therefore, liking masculine men is masculine.

I dare anyone to find a hole in that logic.
[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
Which book is Lycanthromancer in?
Lyca ... is in the book. Yes he is.
 :D
shit.. concerning psionics optimization, lycan IS the book
[/spoiler]

Chilastra022

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2011, 10:51:36 PM »
play a halfling psion, mindswitch the tarrasque, proceed to charge the tarrasque with its own body? (shrugs)

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2011, 10:58:50 PM »
Tiny McBigLargeHuge isn't what I'm looking for, though it has a similar end result...

Sounds fine to me.

[/spoiler]

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
« Reply #10 on: January 01, 2011, 11:32:03 PM »
Reaping Mauler that doesn't suck.

Good luck, I've tried and come up mostly empty-handed.  I think something like Monk 1/X 4/War Mind 10/Reaping Mauler 5 with Tashalatora could be not completely useless, but it wouldn't be great.
Yeah, in 99 out of 100 cases, anything with Reaping Mauler would be better off with anything else at all. Hell, five levels of Wizard would actually let you grapple better.

That said, I think your target number is a bull rush modifier of +57 (17 Strength+4 IBR+16 size+20 max roll). I'm assuming those gigantic front talons disqualify those limbs from being legs, although the tarrasque probably qualifies as 'exceptionally stable.'