Author Topic: Brainstorming some Gestalt options  (Read 4560 times)

raith0

• Bi-Curious George
Re: Brainstorming some Gestalt options
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2011, 09:52:38 PM »
okay astral constucts are in but have decided to go either Cloistered Cleric/Warlock or Cloisetered Cleric/ Binder

any build suggestions for both or either and Im trying not to play an evil character so I think that takes Hellfire Warlock out of the picture but not sure

Widow

• Bi-Curious George
Re: Brainstorming some Gestalt options
« Reply #21 on: January 03, 2011, 03:36:31 AM »
Well I did not see a source list, so I will list my typical gestalt caster build which requires dragon mag #280 and the Eldrich Master PrC.

Basic Build
Neutral Human

Dread necromancer 20// Cleric 1/ 4x/ Eldrich Master 8-10

This works similar to the rainbow savant in that the Eldrich Master gets the following:

Level 4 and 8 you can add any classes spell list to your own spell list.
Level 3, 6, and 9 you get a bonus metamagic feat
Level 3, 6, and 9 you get a spell slot one level higher than you can currently cast in one class.
To determine level based spell effects (not SR penetration, it is not true caster level), add Eldrichmaster levels to all arcane spell classes.  In other words Dread necro 10/ Eldrichmaster 5 casts spells at 10th level, but is as effective as 15 for spell variables.
Eldrichmaster does not advance spell casting

You can very easily end up with the Wizard and Cleric spell list cast spontaneously in this fashion off of Cha.  Also playing a neutral character with Turn undead from the cleric and rebuke undead from the dread necromancer will also allow crazy amounts of Divine metamagic persistent spell.  Just use alternative sourced spell feat to convert arcane spells to divine to qualify.  More advanced builds below.

Dread necromancer 20//Cleric 1/Marshal 1/ Spell theif 1/Battle Dancer 1/ X 1/ Eldrich Master 10/ Heriophant 5

Or

Dread Necromancer 20//Cleric 1/Marshal 1/ Spell theif 1/Battle Dancer 1/ Human Paragon 2/ Eldrich master 4/Incantric or Dweomerkeeper 10

Or

Dread Necromancer 20//Bard 1/ Cleric 1/ Marshal 1/Battle Dancer 1/ Spell Theif 1/Incantrix or Dweomer keeper 1/ Eldrich Master 4/Sublime Chord 1/ Incantrix or Dweromerkeeper 9