Author Topic: Need help making invulnerable wizard.  (Read 8937 times)

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
Re: Need help making invulnerable wizard.
« Reply #40 on: December 27, 2010, 09:51:39 AM »
Take a level or three of Swiftblade so you can progress it in Epic when your spells/day has been maxed out.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 09:51:16 PM by skydragonknight »
It always seems like the barrels around here have something in them.

bjornvikingholt

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #42 on: December 28, 2010, 10:51:45 AM »
Now, I suppose one more question in is order.
Lets say all enemies suddenly have a weapon capable of severing the astral cord, does the following work?
Make a clone, magic jar possess your own clone, lose the weakness of the astral cord, and all that happens if you die is you are out a clone. No level loss because you did not go from self to clone but clone to self?

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #43 on: December 28, 2010, 08:48:57 PM »
Lets say all enemies suddenly have a weapon capable of severing the astral cord, does the following work?
Make a clone, magic jar possess your own clone, lose the weakness of the astral cord, and all that happens if you die is you are out a clone. No level loss because you did not go from self to clone but clone to self?
Magic Jar has a finite range, IIRC. So unless your original body is nearby, you are either stuck in the gem, or dead if the gem isn't nearby either.

betrayor

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: December 28, 2010, 08:56:14 PM »

Just cast astral projection twice......
Cast it once and then return to your demiplane.....
Cast it again,now even if they cut the cord they only kill the second body and you return safely to your original.....
I think it works.....

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #45 on: December 28, 2010, 09:01:15 PM »

Cast it again,now even if they cut the cord they only kill the second body and you return safely to your original.....
I think it works.....
No. Unless your body is in range and on the same plane as your clone, you are boned once the spell ends, even if you had the gem on you.

betrayor

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: December 28, 2010, 09:04:12 PM »

I think it works.....
No. Unless your body is in range and on the same plane as your clone, you are boned once the spell ends, even if you had the gem on you.

No , i am talking about just using astral projection twice,not using a clone or majic jar at all......

stranglebat

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: December 28, 2010, 11:03:17 PM »
Recaster from races of ebberon for changlings is  a decent 5 lvl class too for Facsimileing metamagic, gets you 3/day still or silent spell, eschew materials, 3/day quick 8/day sculpt/reach/enlarge/widen and the ability to make holes in your aoes for your friends, also at lvl 2 and 4 you can add any spell from any spell list to your arcane spells even cleric spells of which there are many defensive or offensive ones to choose from.

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #48 on: December 28, 2010, 11:13:22 PM »

I think it works.....

No , i am talking about just using astral projection twice,not using a clone or majic jar at all......

Ah. Gotcha. I thought you were responding to the magic jar shenannigans.