Author Topic: Language Dependent Spell: levels 1-2 Sor/Wiz  (Read 6776 times)

BeholderSlayer

• Hong Kong
Language Dependent Spell: levels 1-2 Sor/Wiz
« on: December 21, 2010, 04:09:59 PM »
Is there one? I'm throwing together a Dracolexi and I can't find one. Looked in a few books but haven't had the time to check all of them.
Hi Welcome
[spoiler]
Allow me to welcome you both with my literal words and with an active display of how much you fit in by being tone deaf, dumb, and uncritical of your babbling myself.[/spoiler]

betrayor

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
Re: Language Dependent Spell: levels 1-2 Sor/Wiz
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 04:14:21 PM »
Is there one? I'm throwing together a Dracolexi and I can't find one. Looked in a few books but haven't had the time to check all of them.

Races of the Dragon:
Power word Pain,Power word Fatigue(level 1)
Power word Sicken(level 2)

BeholderSlayer

• Hong Kong
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2010, 04:18:07 PM »

Races of the Dragon:
Hmm, I didn't see "Language Dependent" in the line of any of these. Command has an entry by Enchantment, Compulsion and Mind Affecting that says "Language Dependent." None of the Power Words do?
Hi Welcome
[spoiler]
Allow me to welcome you both with my literal words and with an active display of how much you fit in by being tone deaf, dumb, and uncritical of your babbling myself.[/spoiler]

betrayor

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2010, 04:24:43 PM »

Races of the Dragon:
Hmm, I didn't see "Language Dependent" in the line of any of these. Command has an entry by Enchantment, Compulsion and Mind Affecting that says "Language Dependent." None of the Power Words do?

You are right Power words are not language dependent....
Sorry for the confusion.......

CantripN

• Hong Kong
  • Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating
    • Cantrip, Gestalt Gish
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2010, 04:47:03 PM »
There's just one:
Speak to Allies (SpC 197).

Used THIS.
Read, every day, something no one else is reading. Think, every day, something no one else is thinking. Do, every day, something no one else would be silly enough to do. It is bad for the mind to be always part of unanimity.

Epimetheus

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2010, 06:50:50 PM »
In that case, why not just use Message to qualify for Dracolexi? That is a language-dependent spell too. (It's a cantrip, which doesn't fit what you're asking for, lvl1-2 spells, but it does fit what Dracolexi requires.)

BeholderSlayer

• Hong Kong
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2010, 09:07:42 PM »
There's just one:
Speak to Allies (SpC 197).

Used THIS.
Thanks CantripN!
In that case, why not just use Message to qualify for Dracolexi? That is a language-dependent spell too. (It's a cantrip, which doesn't fit what you're asking for, lvl1-2 spells, but it does fit what Dracolexi requires.)
And even better! Thanks fellas.

Gonna have to bookmark that search engine. Thanks for that too.
Hi Welcome
[spoiler]

Endarire

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2010, 12:48:19 AM »
Tasha's hideous laughter is language-dependent, but lacks the [Language-Dependent] tag.
Hood - My first answer to all your build questions; past, present, and future.

Speaking of which:
Don't even need TO for this.  Any decent Hood build, especially one with Celerity, one-rounds [Azathoth, the most powerful greater deity from d20 Cthulu].
Does it bug anyone else that we've reached the point where characters who can obliterate a greater deity in one round are considered "decent?"

BeholderSlayer

• Hong Kong
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2010, 01:09:16 AM »
Tasha's hideous laughter is language-dependent, but lacks the [Language-Dependent] tag.
Based on what it says, it's race-dependent.
Hi Welcome
[spoiler]