Author Topic: Question about a source my group uses.  (Read 2322 times)

Hallack

• Hong Kong
Question about a source my group uses.
« on: July 09, 2008, 12:54:45 PM »
Okay, I believe that I have seen it referred to as the Book of Broken Feats around here (or the wizards place) and I think I have to agree for the most part. 

I was just wondering how familiar any of you were with the AEG book called FEATS. 

Putting aside that it is really a 3.0 book this group continues to use it even with it's not-so-great editing.  hehe, actually when I refer to the book when talking to the DM I usually call it the book of broken feats and often I point out certain feat and feat combos that are pretty sick.  But he is not dissuaded or even overly judicious except in regards to the worst (most broken) of feats (like those that let casters pull from ALL spell lists).

One reason I ask is because as they want to continue using this book I may be coming in with some build ideas and question that use various feats from this book.  Things like, Blood power (take five points of damage/per spell level and not loose the spell slot from memory on casting), or even a more moderate feat like Superior Finesse (dex to damage instead of STR).

Anyways thanks and I hope to get some decent dialog going about some build ideas I have.
Placeholder - T'tosc

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
Re: Question about a source my group uses.
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 01:32:05 PM »
I'm not really familiar with that book, but if you can get a source of fast healing, that Blood Power feat sounds WAY too worth it.

Fast Healing 5 + This feat: Infinite 1st level spells.

And whatever that feat is that allows casters to pull from ALL spell lists is. TAKE IT NOW.
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

Hallack

• Hong Kong
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 02:21:36 PM »
Hehe, well, I was thinking Minor Shapeshift :)

The damage from Blood power does not heal normally but Minor Shapeshift would absorb the damage making it a non-issue.  Plus, as you level you can increasingly do this with higher and higher level spells.  15th level could cast away and 3rd or lower level spells without ever using up the slot simply for the cost of a swift action to reset the temp HP each round.  It's sick  :)
Placeholder - T'tosc

ksbsnowowl

• Grape ape
  • Wishing I was a raging Norseman
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2008, 11:54:23 AM »
How do they not heal normally?  No magical healing works?  They must heal from natural healing over time (character level per day)?

Before this potential snag, I was thinking to cast Lesser Vigor (11-15 HP healed, dependent on level) using the Blood Power feat, taking 5 damage, and healing more than that.
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

KSB Snow Owl's Archer Build thread

Hallack

• Hong Kong
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2008, 12:13:58 PM »
From the Blood Power feat: "Damage taken from using the Blood Power feat does not heal naturally."

So yep, magic healing like vigor or other will cover it.

Talk about being a batman!!! The flexibility this stupid feat opens up is amazing.

*Wanders off dreaming of playing a Shadowcraft mage with this feat*
Placeholder - T'tosc

Cyrocloud

• Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2008, 01:49:13 PM »
that assassins strike feat is nasty, it requires alot of feats and is high level but damn its benefit is
when you damage an opponent with sneak attack he dies instantly.

I like this book  :evillaugh
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 02:31:50 PM by Cyrocloud »

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2008, 01:52:22 PM »
Nice. No save, no nothing? You'd think Assassins would feel gimped enough as is.
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

Hallack

• Hong Kong
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2008, 02:46:58 PM »
Yes, there are many many nice feats as well as broken feats in that book.

Many of the good ones are feat intensive but some are not.

Superior Finesse is one of the most used by me for my Dex characters.  Dex to damage!!!

In fact I have a catfolk (with LA buy off)scout/Dervish character in a game now.  Only 7th level or so now and not even hit Dervish yet (currently 3 scout/2 Ranger/2monk) that is supposed to be going into epic levels over next few years of play.  I'll be ussing a lot of nice feats from this book to abuse the swifthunting skirmishing dervish of doom possibilities.

In fact I'll post some in another thread to get some ideas on this character.
Placeholder - T'tosc