Author Topic: Mul Battlemind - How tough can I make this guy? Starting lvl 1.  (Read 4938 times)

Hound

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
Mul Battlemind - How tough can I make this guy? Starting lvl 1.
« on: December 06, 2010, 04:39:49 AM »
I'm joining a 4e campaign playing in the Dark Sun campaign setting.  My DM has asked me to play a Mul Battlemind.  Well, more specifically he asked me to play a DS race (Mul is my all time fav race since the original Dark Sun) and a psionic class/defender.  So it made sense to me to play this.  The stats are perfect and ending save ends conditions free 1/encounter sounds awesome.

My stats are as follows:
Str: 16
Dex: 12
Con: 20
Int: 8
Wis: 19
Cha: 15

Because of backstory my DM has given me Weapon Expertise as a freeby (pretty well giving it to everyone across the board) and Armor Proficiency: Plate as another freeby.

My goal is to make a guy who is absolutely as tough as possible.  I've already settled on a large shield and plate mail.
I can't sort what feats to get into to up my survivability, and I keep getting drawn back into things like Dwarven weapon mastery, etc. 

Any advice on how to build the toughest Battlemind possible would be greatly appreciated.  I'm brand new to 4th edition but eager to learn. :-)

awaken DM golem

• Organ Grinder
  • PAO'd my Avatar
Re: Mul Battlemind - How tough can I make this guy? Starting lvl 1.
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2010, 06:57:41 PM »
" Damon_Tor " has some Crit-Loop builds, over at wotc.
Otherwise, the Battlemind handbook over there has 99% of what you want.

Dark Sun ... is weird.
Do you play No Metal ? That would screw up the Plate. Looks like you get it anyway.
Do you play No Magic Items ? That would screw up normal builds from the guide(s).

If you can get Magic Items, but you can't guarantee which ones,
multi into Wizard just for the Ritual class ability. Take Enchant at level 6.
No Matter What (tm). Your party will thank you ... eventually.