Author Topic: High level spells to DMM persist  (Read 2206 times)

Rebel7284

• Grape ape
High level spells to DMM persist
« on: December 04, 2010, 02:21:18 PM »
So for that high optimization game I started threads about before, a female friend of mine is joining as a LG Initiate of Mystra Cloistered Cleric 5/Dweomerkeeper 10 Domains: Magic, Rune.

I'm wondering about good HIGH level cleric spells to persist. in the level 6-8 range.

Some gems I have found so far:
Holy Transformation - L7 SpC (Powerful AND gives Archon Type for the next spell)
Shield of the Archons - L7 BoED (HOLY SHIT, is this spell as ridiculous as I think it is?)
Holy Star - L7 SpC (Just good)
Spell Turning (magic domain) - L7 PHB (Outclassed by Holy Star? Might still be nice to have both if they stack!)

Other high level suggestions?
Negative level on a chicken would make it a wight the next day.  Chicken the other wight meat. -borg286

CantripN

• Hong Kong
  • Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating
    • Cantrip, Gestalt Gish
Re: High level spells to DMM persist
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2010, 02:27:42 PM »
Spell Turning ends, so don't bother. Lower level stuff are still good.

Why Rune Domain, btw? Why not Spell for Greater Anyspell and then something like Greater Blink?
Read, every day, something no one else is reading. Think, every day, something no one else is thinking. Do, every day, something no one else would be silly enough to do. It is bad for the mind to be always part of unanimity.

Rebel7284

• Grape ape
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2010, 02:37:50 PM »
Initiate of Mystra already gives Anyspell and Greater Anyspell.  However, the spells cast with anyspell are still arcane as far as I see.  It DOES say ANY arcane spell, so I'm certainly showing her the Trapsmith and Bard spell lists. :P
Negative level on a chicken would make it a wight the next day.  Chicken the other wight meat. -borg286

CantripN

• Hong Kong
  • Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating
    • Cantrip, Gestalt Gish
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2010, 02:52:09 PM »
Any chance you can get the Pleasure or Destiny Domains? Destiny has a lot going for it, but mostly I speak of Choose Destiny at 9th level, while Pleasure has some nice stuff, in particular it's level 7 spell - which can outright win encounters. Sky has a very nice 8th level spell, too.

Be sure to get all of those with Substitute Domain or a Domain Staff of some sort.

Destiny = Races of Destiny
Pleasure = Book of Exalted Deeds
Sky = Races of the Wild

Oh, and you can always choose the Divine Magician ACF and just pick from the Wizard spell-list. 8th level has Veil of Undeath/Mystic Shield (!), 7th has Ironguard... Mystic Shield is worth the ACF alone.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 03:01:34 PM by CantripN »
Read, every day, something no one else is reading. Think, every day, something no one else is thinking. Do, every day, something no one else would be silly enough to do. It is bad for the mind to be always part of unanimity.

Rebel7284

• Grape ape
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2010, 05:29:19 AM »
Bump, any more suggestions :)

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2010, 05:58:24 AM »
Not all are in the range, but the Visage of Diety range if pretty awesome, since all the boosts are unnamed.

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2010, 12:43:23 PM »
Irongaurd is a freaking hilarious buff.  Basically makes you immune to most beatsticks.  Also allows you to piss off Dispater.
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

Widow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2010, 12:50:15 PM »
Holy Aura is interesting, more for the blinding effect and you can hit the whole party.

Rebel7284

• Grape ape
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2010, 01:22:09 PM »
Not all are in the range, but the Visage of Diety range if pretty awesome, since all the boosts are unnamed.

The greater version is, well, great.  But the normal version seems kinda weak.  A single smite attack+resistances+minor SR and DR/everything.