Author Topic: Introductions Thread! Who are you?  (Read 257500 times)

Gohaken

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
Re: Introductions Thread! Who are you?
« Reply #620 on: October 04, 2010, 02:03:26 PM »

Well well, we meet again Mr imimrtl.  --^

Just registered as well... about damn time.

-Gohaken

MilitantBob

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #621 on: October 04, 2010, 06:19:41 PM »
Hi all!

I have been a DM for over 2 years, seldom been a player, and have been lurking on this forum for quite a while. I am joining properly now, as I feel like adding to yalls handbook section (A Gestalt Handbook, to be specific). I live in Texas and play 3.5, although lately I have been DMing Pathfinder. I'm not sure what else to add, so I'll just say I'm looking forward to chatting with yall. :)

Shiki

• King Kong
  • Mindraped
« Reply #622 on: October 05, 2010, 03:33:31 AM »
Hello. I've been into D&D (mainly 3.5) for quite some years now and I've been lurking here a bit. Anyway, I'm just some random gamer (into video games, RPGs, less or so TCG lately (mainly M:TG)) which happen to have too much spare time. :rollseyes
"An ally of truth."

Soundtrack of the week:
Kagamine Rin - Antichlorobenzene (ft. Kagamine Ren)

charleskoz

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #623 on: October 05, 2010, 03:44:04 PM »
Hello, I'm Charles, started out playing D&D as a teen and now play with my teenaged children. Eldest son is the DM and he can be a handful when he gets going.

Can I post now, please? :)

kragun

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #624 on: October 05, 2010, 05:06:21 PM »
first time poster long time gamer
group is in dissarray, there is a strong play 4e vibe, and a strong stay in 3.5....
personally i feel 4e is too computer reliant, loose alot of rp with every on on the lap top the whole session
our group does well with personalities, but...as far as combat goes, most people check out, and it can become a huge exercise in die rolling
if i am gonna roll die incessantly, i will play my 3.5 or pathfinder

PopeDeaton

• Noob
    • Email
« Reply #625 on: October 06, 2010, 12:18:53 PM »
Well...I'm the new guy I suppose. So I guess here is my intro:

I don't know how often I will have the chance to be on here, but this will be very helpful for me in the future. I had to create this account so I could search for stuff in the search thingy or post any questions, and I'm sure that I will have alot of them, that I might think of. Please don't be too hard on me.

Anderson_Mind

• Monkey bussiness
    • Facebook Profile
    • Email
« Reply #626 on: October 07, 2010, 01:01:46 AM »
Intro Thread time again. I just did this at Gitp too. Hopefully i will be able to make some contributions here too.

Nelluonkkar

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #627 on: October 07, 2010, 03:08:35 AM »
I'm a long-time lurker and I probably should have posted here first had I been following proper protocol but it slipped my mind.

As heretical as it may sound, (A)D&D was not the first gaming system that I encountered in my youth.  I'd say it's a close call between the minimalist system found in the old Fighting Fantasy novels and the TMNT and Other Strangeness book.  I started playing AD&D in the 2nd edition days, prior to the Player's Option/DM's Option books, in the days when every new splatbook was bound to include some new kits.  From there, I actually went back and tried out 1st edition for a while in a Dragonlance campaign and my university friends and I insisted that we would never touch 3E.  That didn't last very long and it wasn't long before our university gaming club quickly took to 3E and the D20 system, back during the D20 boom period when it seemed like every almost small gaming company out there was trying to put out some kind of D20 product.  When 3.5 hit, once again, a few friends and I thought that we'd never make the switch only to be proven wrong again.  For the most part, we've stuck to 3.5 with a few looks at 4e and Pathfinder (mostly from a mechanical standpoint for both).  For a period, my gaming group also tried our hand at Scion (a rather interesting setting even if the mechanics are a bit flawed).  I also played a bit of Cyberpunk 2020 and L5R 1st edition in my university days.

Optimization is more of an interesting exercise for me most of the time than a push the limits of the system and surprise the DM (although my friends might disagree with that assessment :)).  I do try to justify my feat and PrC choices where possible, with a willingness to invest at least a few skill ranks in suboptimal skill choices for the sake of roleplaying.

Deliste

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #628 on: October 07, 2010, 01:22:16 PM »
I'm someone who is very new to DnD, (never played and it probably wont happen anytime soon) but for now I am fascinated with the possibilities and the world that unfolds in my mind as I read the material.

pixledriven

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #629 on: October 07, 2010, 07:33:11 PM »
Hey I'm Heath .. Or Heat! to some

I'm mostly a board lurker, but I may pipe up at some point when you're not looking.

thesilentx

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #630 on: October 08, 2010, 04:29:16 AM »
Hey all,
I'm Doug and I am in a couple of 3.5 games, one of which the DM wants us to max the crap out of our characters so that he can throw ridiculous encounters at us. The other one is a core only that is more plot centered and I must say that I enjoy both equally. I am also in a SW saga game.

-Doug

danakir

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #631 on: October 08, 2010, 04:47:31 AM »
Greetings everyone, it's a pleasure for me to have the chance to become a part of this community. ^^ I've been looking for a while for a place to discuss the mechanics of D&D in depth, I'm glad that I've found that place at last. Aside from that I don't really have much to add on myself, aside from the fact that I enjoy a wide variety of tabletop RPGs, that I'm a game in pretty much every sense of the word.

I used to DM back in the days but I got sick of it over time. It's not really for me. ^^

With that said, I shall now wade in and see what I can make happen!

Earlgrey

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #632 on: October 08, 2010, 04:31:10 PM »
Greetings.

Mainly been using the boards as inspiration and such, but as time draggs on I've come to a point were I felt that I needed to contribute something myself. So here I am.

Who the hell I am? well, hummm. Sweden, electrical engineer, D&D of-n-on for about a few years. didn't pick up on min/maxing and game dynamics untill rather recently. Last but not least, dyslectic as you never saw another human beeing, so either love or hate me ^^

cheers

ahlarocca

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #633 on: October 10, 2010, 04:31:13 PM »
greetings.  my name is patrick.  I started playing D & D as a kid in the 80's.  we cheated and made up rules all the time.  Ah, +5 holy avenger, vorpal blade. I set the books down for a while and have been playing D & D 3.5 for over 5 years with a group of fellas we call, 'men's group'.  Most of us take turns as DM.  It's been a valuable experience for all of us, and I enjoy using a part of my brain that wouldn't otherwise be worked in this manner. 

I look forward to picking your brains about this complex world of D & D. 

aubs

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #634 on: October 10, 2010, 07:45:35 PM »
Hello
I've played dnd since i was a teen, been playing 3.5 now since shortly after it came out.  I'm mostly a lurker who enjoys reading threads from people who know way more than i do.

QC

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #635 on: October 10, 2010, 08:17:50 PM »
Hello,

I'm QC.  Right now I'm getting my Ph.D (my 5th degree with a different title: BFA, BS, BA, DO).  I love all types of games.  Unlike in real life, I am fairly calm and polite online, because I come here to relax, not to stress, so feel free to say 'hi'.

Other tidbits:  My girlfriend does illustration for wizards and loves fantasy games for completely different reasons than me.

I'm currently playing Pathfinder.

eula

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #636 on: October 11, 2010, 08:25:59 PM »
Hi.  My name is Alex.  I've been playing pen and paper games for five or six years now.  I have primarily played D&D 3.5 and Pathfinder, and am currently involved in a 3.5 game with friends online through MapTool.  I'm one of those annoying people who never plays a PHB race/class, but other than that, I'm pretty easygoing.  I enjoy reading the boards here and finally decided to sign up.

Sir Blammo

• Monkey bussiness
  • Blammo.
« Reply #637 on: October 12, 2010, 04:24:26 AM »
I am Sir Blammo.  I don't know why.  We just say, "Blammo" a lot during my game.  Rolled a 20?  Blammo.  Have a magic item to turn the tide?  Whip it out, "Blammo."  I've played RPGs practically since I could talk.  Started with AD&D in 1980 when I was 5.  I've DM'd several campaigns in D&D, Call of Cthulhu and MERP.  Currently running a D&D 3.25 edition that's been going for about a year and a half (41 games and counting) and playing in a d20 Modern that's been going about the same length of time.  We have a Facebook group where we share context-free quotes and videos from the games.  Not for the faint of heart or easily offended:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/group.php?gid=316482591193

Blammo.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 04:26:37 AM by Sir Blammo »
Blammo.

ehuelse

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #638 on: October 12, 2010, 10:44:12 PM »
Hi! long time D&D player, cant wait to read and post, thanks!

samurisoul77

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #639 on: October 13, 2010, 10:30:55 AM »
hello all