Author Topic: Introductions Thread! Who are you?  (Read 257452 times)

JigokuBosatsu

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
Re: Introductions Thread! Who are you?
« Reply #560 on: September 08, 2010, 01:40:02 PM »
Hi everybody.  I'm an old hand at gaming (used to do D&D, White Wolf, CoC, Deadlands, on and on...) but haven't actually done any in years.  I wrote a satirical fantasy novel, "Antipaladin Blues" that will be coming out from Evil Nerd Empire later this year.  So, my interest in gaming has been piqued.  I hang out at GiantITP, The Gaming Den, and now here.  I am working on creating some actual RP rules for MtG, so if anyone is interested in that project, let me know.

PGreggy

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #561 on: September 08, 2010, 08:01:15 PM »
Greetings! I'm actually an friend of Josh and Zeke from high school. I've been gaming for a very long time now. Like most I cut my teeth on D&D(played from a nifty red box even). Sadly I don't get to game nearly as much as I use to but I do manage to get my fix online thankfully.

TheWyrmDude

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #562 on: September 08, 2010, 08:06:12 PM »
I've been tabletop gaming in some form or another since about 1995. That's kind of where my name came from, as I would play Rage with a Pentex-based deck. Then I got into DnD around 1998, and as clunky as it can be, it's been my go to system, be it ADnD2e, 3.x, 4e, or whatever. I also play Mutants and Masterminds, BESM 2nd revised, Legend of the Five Rings, Qin, Dark Heresy, Rogue Trader, and Shadowrun, but not as often as DnD.

Got registered because this is a pretty damned good repository of crunch knowledge on my favorite system. Hopefully I can put into it as much as I get from it, but most of my pitiable knowledge has been covered already.

IthroZada

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #563 on: September 09, 2010, 06:41:32 AM »
Well, I made this account a while ago, in order to read a few posts, and entirely forgot I had it. So to end my absentee lurking, I am introducing myself now. I've played D&D very sporadically over the past seven years, as I've had a hell of a time finding groups. I finally said to hell with it, and am going to subvert my little brother and his friends into the world of tabletop gaming as their DM. I have a pretty big weakness for trying to optimize my numbers, but I felt I've kept it balanced with the actual character.

umbra_vescor

• Monkey bussiness
  • The world is an illusion, life a dream, love a lie
    • Email
« Reply #564 on: September 10, 2010, 02:56:48 AM »
howdy, ive been playing tabletop games for about 7 or so years and lately the group has been falling apart so we're trying something new.
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

betrayor

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #565 on: September 11, 2010, 12:51:27 AM »
Well hello everybody.....
My name is Alex and I am from Greece......
I usually am the dm but sometimes i get to play too....
So that's it from me for now....

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

krusk

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #567 on: September 12, 2010, 01:31:09 AM »
Been a lurker for like 2 years or so, finally wanted to post.

rpmaster

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #568 on: September 12, 2010, 07:47:19 AM »
Hello, everebody!

Hanzlob

• Noob
« Reply #569 on: September 12, 2010, 06:15:50 PM »
Hi my my name is Hanzlob, im making a d&d campaign for a couple of friends to play casually.  Im really interested in finding out about the class "Knight" but im having trouble navigating my way around these forums.

WandererTJ

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • /b/ for the /b/ God!!!!!!
« Reply #570 on: September 13, 2010, 04:25:25 AM »
wud up, TJones here, Boomer Sooner, I'm a mechanical engineering major, and a boffer sport fighter
Along with fighting, I enjoy making leather armor, playing D&D, and some Diablo 2 as well

Evil_Dexter

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #571 on: September 13, 2010, 03:57:19 PM »
I'm a mid 30's gamer (male if it matters) who was trapped in a very non-gamer friendly area for the early years of his life... So I have been READING D&D rules (and a few other systems like Rifts, Ars Magica, TSR's Marvel game, any number of random choose your own adventure books with actual character stats) and creating characters since maybe... 1987(?) or so... I only found actual gaming groups in the past 10 years, and currently am a player in a nice little bi-weekly campaign around 14-16 level atm (with no primary arcane caster lol).

I've only recently discovered CO boards in the last 2-3 years, and have enjoyed the reads / theory enspoused, but am not really anything of a theoretical optimizer. I much prefer building 1-20 playable characters, where reading these boards has helped me tremendously.

I've read a decent bit of 4th ed, but we are currently firmly entrenched in 3.5 (not even Pathfinder). I hope to continue roleplaying in some capacity for many many years to come. Thanks!

KaizokuVizard

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #572 on: September 13, 2010, 08:22:45 PM »
Hi, i'm new here, just found out about it from the Char op boards at WoTC.  Heard it was better then there so i figured i'd hop on over and see what was here and ask for some advice about my latest creation. 

Nightfall

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #573 on: September 14, 2010, 02:29:56 AM »
Hi, whats up. I'm new to the forms.

MonkeyWrench

• Monkey bussiness
    • Email
« Reply #574 on: September 14, 2010, 02:17:05 PM »
Hi, this is MW.  I'm mostly a lurker, but an occasional poster.

Arakiaz

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #575 on: September 14, 2010, 03:17:57 PM »
I'm a newbie here but have played DnD for quite some years now. Besides that I play Magic The Gathering and have quite some knowlege about pokemons and Yu-gi-oh

Zapathasura

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #576 on: September 15, 2010, 01:57:25 AM »
Zap for short.  I'm a mid-twenties male gamer.  I've been playing RPGs for roughly 15 years now.  Pretty sure its good to be here, but I'll let ya know.  ;)

belbearvan

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #577 on: September 17, 2010, 01:57:17 AM »
Hi, I'm a long time D&D player turned to Pathfinder now that 4.0 replaced DnD with some other game. Regardless, I'm still a munchkin.

Galvanis

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #578 on: September 17, 2010, 07:45:28 AM »
Hi all

Clennan

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #579 on: September 17, 2010, 09:10:23 AM »
Shortly after I got my first smart phone late last year I found BG when it kept coming up on google hits. Once I had discerned the value of these boards (and figured out how to bookmark a page on the phone), I found myself coming here fairly regularly to 'study.'

Having been a casual tabletopper for 20 years (jeeeeez), my playstyle has evolved from roleplaying-centred to a more sophisticated appreciation of the cinematic, silly and ridiculous. To that end am I a student of character optimization.

Now that I'm a mid-30's grown-up, some of my crew have moved away. Also, my grown-up work / school / professional development schedules exert a restrictive pressure on my ability to invest hours / week in a steady campaign.

I look forward to popping by here to read up and post questions.

One day I might actually post an answer!