Author Topic: TOUHOU!!!  (Read 128401 times)

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
Re: TOUHOU!!!
« Reply #380 on: June 18, 2011, 09:35:01 PM »
« Last Edit: June 18, 2011, 11:00:30 PM by Prime32 »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #382 on: June 19, 2011, 01:30:35 PM »
I 1CC'ed UFO on Easy today for the first time. Now to upgrade to Normal!

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #383 on: June 20, 2011, 05:16:22 PM »
"Best described as more Ao Usagi than Ao Usagi"

Start from the last page and work your way back.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2011, 05:20:17 PM by Prime32 »
My work
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #384 on: June 20, 2011, 05:29:05 PM »
Had already seen them. One of the few authors that actualy explores Reimu's natural flying power. The Alice ones end up geting a little disturbing/depressing after you readed too much of them tough.

Sinfire Titan :
With which character out of curiosity? I've been trying to 1cc it with Marisa A to no avail so far(altough granted I just play it very now and then).

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #385 on: June 20, 2011, 09:41:56 PM »

Sinfire Titan :
With which character out of curiosity? I've been trying to 1cc it with Marisa A to no avail so far(altough granted I just play it very now and then).

Actually as Marisa A.

Conserve Master Sparks. The Speed penalty they apply makes it nearly impossible to get UFOs in a timely maner (makes it easy to tear up big ones though), so save it for when you are about to die.

I used up 3 bombs prior to Murasa (once on Kogasa's final spellcard, twice on Ichirin with one being a Deathbomb). Murasa's stage is perfect for gathering UFOs in large numbers, so use that to stock up on power ups and spellcards (and lives, but don't go out of your way to get those since it will get you killed really easily and because Nue gives you one).

Once you get to Stage 5, be prepared to bomb like crazy. Don't start dodging Naz's and Shou's lasers, wait for them to point directly at you for the first couple of spellcards (they shift directions if you keep moving around, but once they go straight at you they stop moving).

For Shou's last card, stay near the spawning point. Her lasers don't veer towards you the way the first few spellcards do, but they are fairly easy to predict and slow-moving. This was actually the hardest card to beat for me, but I got through it with a few bombs.

Makai is literally hell for UF gathering. You need to stay mobile and focus more on your hitbox than on the UFOs or enemies. Don't bother collecting UFOs until there's a lull in enemies (they stay for a while) and for the love of God don't try to collect specific colors (use the UFOs' natural bomb to clear the screen, it's more important).

Byakuren is simple if you've got a decent bomb stock (4+) and near max lives when you start it. Bomb through her spellcard if you see the bullets getting too narrow, and use your deaths to restock them. Pay close attention to your hitbox, because you really won't need to focus on hitting her too much (Master Spark eats her health fast).

She got me down to two lives and one bomb, but it wasn't too hard to beat her using that strategy (it was actually harder to get to her without dying than it was to beat her).

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #386 on: June 21, 2011, 05:27:12 PM »
The secret's out. You did a better job of hiding it than Kanako at least.
My work

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #387 on: June 26, 2011, 03:42:31 AM »
Reading through the Eternal Blade PrC has made me realize that Youmu has a variant of the Blade Guide class feature and any feature derived from it.

A mix between that and the Gemini Dancer would be pretty close to her.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #388 on: June 26, 2011, 10:47:07 AM »
Reading through the Eternal Blade PrC has made me realize that Youmu has a variant of the Blade Guide class feature and any feature derived from it.

A mix between that and the Gemini Dancer would be pretty close to her.
Half-elf of course.
My work

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #389 on: June 29, 2011, 09:57:27 PM »

My work

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #390 on: June 29, 2011, 10:31:40 PM »
Ooo, dizzy.
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #391 on: June 29, 2011, 10:36:44 PM »
My work

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #392 on: June 29, 2011, 11:09:40 PM »

These seems to be the best done. Kanako looks kinda grouchy there.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #393 on: July 02, 2011, 11:31:05 PM »
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 06:19:58 PM by Prime32 »
My work

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #394 on: July 02, 2011, 11:52:54 PM »
Pictures without Cirno

No Cirno? Son I am disappoint.

CHEEEEEEEENNNN!
« Last Edit: July 03, 2011, 12:05:02 AM by Nick »
"You'll still be living in caves."
"Hell I don't mind that."
[spoiler][/spoiler]
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #396 on: July 04, 2011, 08:29:18 PM »
« Last Edit: July 04, 2011, 08:43:52 PM by Prime32 »
My work

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #397 on: July 05, 2011, 04:08:07 AM »
Posting at 6AM is bad for clarity of memory.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #398 on: July 08, 2011, 10:04:50 AM »
To don't derail the other thread.

The cast of IN and SSiB kinda disagree with that statement. They needed days on a magic rocket to reach the moon, and it only makes people crazy, not dead.
And then four people got to the moon with Suika's method in the same story. :p "its appearance is death to humans" could just mean it's dangerous to humans (being potentially deadly, or causing people to be killed by lunatics).

People? What people? An eldritch abomination, her fox familiar, a ghost and an half-ghost were the ones doing it.

Considering that Yukari's power is manipulating boundaries, and that the moon beings had put some kind of Forbiddance blocking her from just gating directly to the moon, it's perfectly reasonable Yukari went around it by manipulating the boundary between reality/hallucination around Suika's drunken ramblings.

Also the death tally of people who were directly exposed to the moon (between Touhou characters and astronauts, which the moon beings consider invaders) is... Zero. What kind of deadliness is that? Marisa's love potions have scored more casualities than that! :P

Failed Apollo missions don't count since Eirin points out it was their people purposedly sabotaging the humans to prevent any more human invasions.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #399 on: July 08, 2011, 12:13:23 PM »
Well, for all the actual humans exposed to the Moon they were:
-Barrier Miko. Doubt the lunar insanity can get past her barriers. She spent IN making horrible puns for the last stage.
-Insane Magician. The lunacy hit her mushroom addled brain. Can't be driven insane since she was mad to start with.
-Time-Stopping Maid. This one here is put down to 'discipline', but theres the "Lunarian Human" WMG on Sakuya.
-Half-Ghost Half Baked. Driven half-mad. Yuyuko implies discipline is all you need to deal with it. She handles it better the second time round.

So...basically all the humans who WERE exposed so far, weren't exactly normal to start with.

The transit meanwhile, seems to have more to do with how malleable reality is in Gensokyo than anything.
Yukari just alters the border between the perceived moon and the true moon.
Suika uses the same method to 'break' the moon, though shes acting on the image rather than the reality, for anyone not living on the moon, its about the same thing.
Reimu uses the god of travel, she doesn't actually CROSS the distance the hard way, merely turned it into a voyage analogy and thus, the travel god can make the analogy possible.

Theres probably a couple of other ways to make the passage. Reality is 'soft' in Gensokyo.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]