Author Topic: Sorceror 5/Incantatrix 10/Archmage 2, what should my spell list look like?  (Read 4819 times)

OblivionSmurf83

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
Re: Sorceror 5/Incantatrix 10/Archmage 2, what should my spell list look like?
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2010, 02:59:36 AM »
CL isn't the same as spellcaster level. That is to say, you can increase your caster level, without increasing the maximum level of spells you can cast.

With that in mind, that's a hell of a house rule. You should change your tactics over to abusing it as much as possible - see how early you can pull off 9th level spells by pimping caster level. Hell, see how early you can pull off 9th level spells in multiple classes by pimping caster level.

Rutibex

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2010, 03:01:09 AM »
Ditch Spell Turning. Get Arcane Spellsurge.

What book is this from, and what does it do?

What about using Reserves of Strength to bypass the HD cap?

I can't take anything from any books except Spell compendium core, and players guide to Faerun unfortunately.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 03:02:47 AM by Rutibex »

Rutibex

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2010, 03:05:22 AM »
CL isn't the same as spellcaster level. That is to say, you can increase your caster level, without increasing the maximum level of spells you can cast.

With that in mind, that's a hell of a house rule. You should change your tactics over to abusing it as much as possible - see how early you can pull off 9th level spells by pimping caster level. Hell, see how early you can pull off 9th level spells in multiple classes by pimping caster level.

It not really a house rule, it just says "+1 caster level" without any further description.  We figured it could go both ways so we fell back on the old AD&D ioun stone that gave you a level.

That said they of course do not stack  :lmao