Author Topic: Concept C/O: The Fleshgolem  (Read 2698 times)

dna1

• Hong Kong
  • Im not albino Im just from Alaska
    • Email
Concept C/O: The Fleshgolem
« on: November 11, 2010, 09:47:55 PM »
Hello my brilliant friends! I am in need of your expert opinions and input  :D

So I have been inspired recently to create a Flesh Golem.
In my pondering I started thinking back to some of the other RPG's I used to play.. Rifts/WhiteWolf etc etc. Some of my favorite characters were somewhat crazy. Now thinking of DnD I havent really seen insanity used in a good way yet imo. Pretty much the only thing that happens in DnD when you go insane is you attack your party  :D

The concept:
A Flesh Golem, that has multiple personalitys. To be specific, the personalitys of the corpse's that he was made from. So what I have atm is 3 personality types. Each one differs greatly from the other, good/neutral/evil.
I plan on having each personality being brought on by some sort of trigger. Maybe a word or phrase, being damaged, hit by a spell etc. etc.
Personalitys:
 1. hero type - very helpful and trustworthy.
 2. coward - sneaky, liar, manipulative.
 3. blood thirsty - battle hungry, instigator, loud mouth 

I would like to accomplish a cohesive character. Although I want eatch personality different, and plan to play them in a variety of ways, I need to create something formidable.
Im thinking Chameleon so that I can mimic different classes. However Im very open to a different build completely that kicks ass... I was thinking a FoP build, but it wouldnt really sync with the multi-personality thing I think.
Also kicking around a telflammar shadowlord idea.
Keeping in mind that his CHR starts at 3, and has a -6 int, -2 dex, +2 str. But I like the RP value here so Im looking past his crappy stats.

My builds thus far is:
 1. FleshGolem 3/ incarnate construct -2 = ECL:1 + Warlock 4/Binder 1/Ur-Priest 2/Chameleon 2/Eldritch Disciple 8/Hellfire Warlock 2
 2. FleshGolem 3/ incarnate construct -2 = ECL:1 + Warlock9/Mindbender1/Fiend of Possession6/ xx 3
 3. FleshGolem 3/ incarnate construct -2 = ECL:1 + Swordsage 7/Telflammar Shadowlord 4/Swordsage +1/ xx 7

Basically I am REALLY open to any build ideas that you all think would work for my fleshgolem.

Key things:
No psionics. Must be somewhat versatile because I will be playing in 3 diff styles. The more bad ass the better :P
Slappin ho's like E-Honda

Bauglir

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • TriOptimum
Re: Concept C/O: The Fleshgolem
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 10:02:22 PM »
Which stats are you using? Flesh Golems have 9 hit dice, which is problematic. Also, I don't think you can qualify for Fiend of Possession without another template to grab the Outsider type.
So you end up stuck in an endless loop, unable to act, forever.

In retrospect, much like Keanu Reeves.

dna1

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2010, 10:05:38 PM »
Thanks for the input  :D
Yea I was using the SS progression and only taking the first few levels of the golem.
As far as the FoP you can gain the evil subtype via a spell. But technically could you add a template to a incarnate construct? idk.. seems like you could.

Also I was thinking more on builds, I would really like to see a good factotum/warblade build that does not go towards chameleon, but a combat focused prc
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 10:14:06 PM by dna1 »

dark_samuari

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2010, 11:32:58 PM »
Thanks for the input  :D
Yea I was using the SS progression and only taking the first few levels of the golem.

Following the rules within SS concerning monster progression you have to follow it all the way through (unless you are getting this waived).

dna1

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2010, 12:06:18 AM »
yes im having it waived. but if i wasnt then whats the ecl? the incarnate construct is a -2 i remember that..  im AFB at the moment

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2010, 12:36:38 AM »
Why don't you call your character a flesh golem, but secretly use the stats from a sharn?

Have your personalities normally infight, so you don't use all your actions unless you're in deep shit.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

dna1

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2010, 10:58:56 AM »
i think if i tried to come in with the stats of, or being a sharn. my dm would slap me with a book   :P  I pretty much get called o/p every game and i dont even use anything broken

i just need build ideas that can emulate diff styles of play. come on now guys... wheres the heavy hitters.. i need some like dungeon crasher/factotum/rager builds or something.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2010, 02:36:36 PM »
Factotum/chameleon/master of masks on a changeling?
Planetouched Handbook

strider24seven

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2010, 05:54:44 PM »
As for Dungeoncrasher builds:

ECL 1/Dungeoncrasher Fighter 6/Lion Totem Barbarian 1/Fist of the Forest 1*/Frostrager 5/Bear Warrior 5/Warshaper 1
ECL 1/Dungeoncrasher Fighter 6/Lion Totem Barbarian 1/War Mind 5/Crusader 2/Warblade 5
*If your DM doesn't let you take Fist of the Forest (being a golem and all), just take another level of Warshaper. 

The top build focuses on doing massive damage per strike.  Take Knockback from Races of Stone, Power Attack, Improved Bull Rush, Shock Trooper, Leap Attack, and feats that improved unarmed combat.  Turn into a bear and bash stuff into walls with your bear-fu.  Carry a tower shield and set it up before combat, then smash people into it.  Get flight somehow and bash people into the ground.

The bottom build focuses on battlefield control.  Grab a spiked chain and take EWP (SC), Knockback, Power Attack, Improved Bull Rush, Shock Trooper, Leap Attack, Combat Reflexes, and as many AoO feats as you can (Robilar's Gambit and Defensive Sweep are good because they don't have prereq's other than BAB).  Mage Slayer is good if it doesn't cripple your manifesting (and it's decent even if it does).  Use Thicket of Blades and any way to increase reach.  Charge 10 feet into your enemy and start smacking them around... into walls, into each other, whatever.  This is the more feat intensive build and you will likely need flaws to get what you want. 

awaken DM golem

• Organ Grinder
  • PAO'd my Avatar
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2010, 06:19:16 PM »
It's well within the various limits of a Wish spell,
to have an unfinished Flesh Golem,
be somehow animated or possessed or [host]-ed or whatever.
The SS rituals allow an X level something else,
turn into a Flesh Golem ... which then could be on the SS monster class.
Wish could also get it off the monster class.

I forget this late, where/when this all got argued,
but it was shortly after SS came out.
That era had a lot of You Can't Do That, knee jerking.

Flesh Golem + permanent level drain = no problems at all  :)

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2010, 06:20:41 PM »
You could also consider being spellwarped something.  That gets you mechanical effects when hit by magic.
Planetouched Handbook