Author Topic: The Prologue (1941) - Part I  (Read 98339 times)

PoliosRevenge

• Noob
  • Like motarboating...only with your fists.....
    • Email
Re: The Prologue (1941)
« Reply #920 on: August 03, 2009, 04:08:35 PM »
Bones original intentions to start the boiler have changes since seeing Russo dive into the room, his nose picking up the familiar aroma of burning wood. Bones realizes that the anchor is still down and begins to make his way down the corridor back to his room. The fastest way to the anchor is through the hatch over his dresser....maybe those hungry bastards have finally found somewhere else to be he thinks as he swings open the door to find a chunky bloodbath on his nice warm bed....dammit red never comes outis all he can think before he notices the few left standing...

[spoiler]balance....who needs it? (1d20-3=13)[/spoiler]
Nothing quite like baby stew......

jacemachine

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • Powered by Coffee. Driven by Insanity--
    • MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #921 on: August 04, 2009, 02:40:03 AM »
The last group of Cannibals goes...

Cannibal_J makes his move to (L9), a position where he can see down the stair well and into the lower deck hallway below, where the dead body of his fellow warrior lays in a crumpled heap, weeping blood from open bullet wounds. He screams "HOOOOOOooooOOOOoOOOoOOOOooowwwWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAHHHH!" in frustrated anger. He readies another weapon for attack.

Cannibal_K takes up a similar strategy moving, while pulling out another weapon, to (L9) opposite of J. He too can see down the stairwell, but he can't see anything beyond his dead friend at the floor of the stairs. He readies another weapon for attack.
Current PbP Games
The Artifact (Prologue) as GM
[d20M] Isle Noir: Bad Karma as GM

The Good, the Bad, and the Undead, playing as Father Ezekiel Ambrose

"When the GM smiles, it's already too late." --Anonymous Doomed Gamer

jacemachine

• MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #922 on: August 04, 2009, 02:49:24 PM »
ROUND #5 SUMMARY
[spoiler]
18 Richard
Richard lets out a dry chuckle and the cannibal falls to his feet.  The situation seems less grim now, and he feels infused with renewed vigor.  He turns and lets loose another bullet, this one at Cannibal H.

*Ka-BOOOOOM--!!!!*

A splintered chunk of wooden shrapnel explodes from the side of the sturdy wooden pole, Cannibal_H 's head is reduced to a fine red mist, and a gout of blood fountains from the cannibals throat, his tongue wobbling from a dangling shattered jaw. Immediately the body crumpled to the deck like a marionette with its strings suddenly cut.

FASTER now and more fervent the drums,...*Thrruuum-thrrruuum**Thrruuum-thrrruuum**Thrruuum-thrrruuum*...

18 Cannibals
Cannibal_C fires another arrow down upon the Great White Hunter, Richard-- screaming his ungodly howl of anger and hunger when Richard deftly sidesteps the shot, whirling his buffalo cannon about.

Cannibal_G peeks around the corner to fire a shot from his bow-- his shot unfortunate misses its intended target

13 Russo
Scanning the corridor for a clear shot Russo swears violently and dives into the boiler room to awkwardly shovel wood with the kid, the browning still in his hand.

"GET THOSE STAIRS CLEAR SO WE CAN GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE!!" He yells to the others.

((F16 to grab more wood then end the turn in D17, using up both Russo's actions))

[RUSSO-- a Craft: Mechanical check from you to get this badboy running next round! Once it's running, and the anchor is up, Bones can get El Halcon moving from the Wheelhouse]

12 Kestrel
John holds his position and fires another burst of lead at the two cannibals in Bones' room.

*TAKA-TAKA-TAKA-TAKA-TAKA-TAKA-TAKA-TAKA-TAKA-TAKA-TAKA-TAKA-*
Spent shell casings litter the air in a steady stream as Kestrel's Chicago Typewriter writes the last chapter in Cannibal_B's life. Cannibal_B staggers backwards, crashing into Bone's wardrobe, and to the floor in a bloodied heap of flesh and bone.

12 Cannibals
Cannibal F throws his body back up against the wall that makes up part of Bone's headboard to dodge Kestrel's barrage.

He whirls to face Pingo, stabbing at him with deadly precision-- the spear point plunging into Pingo for 8 points of damage!

8 Loder
Seeing the slavering cannibal descend the steps, Loder grabs Bones, reaches over him with his gun and shouts, "GET DOWN!" before firing a shot at the primitive and winging him on the shoulder.

7 Pingo
Pingo roars as his last opponent fell beneath his blades, the blood spray whipping him into a frenzy. His head snatches to the right as he lays eyes on his next victim. The one who had just stabbed him..

PIngo's indignation knows no bounds. He thoughts on his wife and little girl-- he stabbed the man in the chest, punching through his heart with the spear, and simultaneously severing the savage's head. The cannibal falls to lay in Bones' bed like some parody. His head rolls along the floor to rest upright.

Blood. Mud. and Water drench Bones' once nice bed.

3 Eisen
Eisen continues to fire on the closest foe, thinking about whether there was a way to speed things up a bit so he could get to Richard. This boat needed to be moving faster away, in case of reinforcements. If the enemy knows where you are, don't be there; he and Russo needed to make it to the wheel-room, set-up defense and get gone. As he fired, Eisen hoped to find a faster path to clearing these few left out of his way...

The cannibal in the stairwell falls forward in a heap on the floor at the foot of the stairs. Blood seeps from his wounds. His eyes staring blankly towards Eisen.

3 Bones
Bones original intentions to start the boiler have changes since seeing Russo dive into the room, his nose picking up the familiar aroma of burning wood. Bones realizes that the anchor is still down and begins to make his way down the corridor back to his room. The fastest way to the anchor is through the hatch over his dresser....maybe those hungry bastards have finally found somewhere else to be he thinks as he swings open the door to find a chunky bloodbath on his nice warm bed....dammit red never comes outis all he can think before he notices the few left standing...

1 Cannibals
["HOOOOOOooooOOOOoOOOoOOOOooowwwWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAHHHH!"

Last Group of Cannibals...
The last group of Cannibals goes...

Cannibal_J makes his move to (L9), a position where he can see down the stair well and into the lower deck hallway below, where the dead body of his fellow warrior lays in a crumpled heap, weeping blood from open bullet wounds. He screams "HOOOOOOooooOOOOoOOOoOOOOooowwwWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAHHHH!" in frustrated anger. He readies another weapon for attack.

Cannibal_K takes up a similar strategy moving, while pulling out another weapon, to (L9) opposite of J. He too can see down the stairwell, but he can't see anything beyond his dead friend at the floor of the stairs. He readies another weapon for attack.

Rapidly ...*Thrruuum-thrrruuum**Thrruuum-thrrruuum**Thrruuum-thrrruuum**Thrruuum-thrrruuum**Thrruuum-thrrruuum**Thrruuum-thrrruuum**Thrruuum-thrrruuum**Thrruuum-thrrruuum*...[/spoiler]

ROUND #6 BEGINS...

Map shows the locations of all parties after the events of Round #5.

Initiative order:

18 Richard
18 Cannibals
13 Russo
12 Kestrel
12 Cannibals
8 Loder
7 Pingo
3 Eisen
3 Bones
1 Cannibals

AND GO!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 03:07:51 PM by jacemachine »
Current PbP Games

jacemachine

• MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #923 on: August 04, 2009, 03:01:56 PM »
[SPOT CHECK from Richard in addition to your normal actions. What you see will not effect your combat, it's a bigger picture sort of deal...]
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 03:09:01 PM by jacemachine »
Current PbP Games

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #924 on: August 04, 2009, 03:06:20 PM »
Richard immediately swings his rifle to face Cannible C, reloading in a blur and letting off another shot.  He yells out, "I guess I'll have to take care of everything myself!"

[spoiler]
Hit: 21
Damage: 19

[/spoiler]

Spot
[spoiler]
Spot: 33
Natural 20!  I'm pumped full of adrenaline!
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 03:21:18 PM by Nanshork »
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

jacemachine

• MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #925 on: August 04, 2009, 03:13:45 PM »
*Ka-BOOOOOM--!!!!*

Cannibal_C's chest explodes as he falls off the tarped roof, and onto the deck, on the other side of Richard. It's not just raining hard... Cannibals are falling too..

Richard can see lines of torches being lit on one shore, he whirls his head around and see more torches on the other side...

10... 16... 20.. possibly more. No time to count them... The drums pound in furious unison...
Current PbP Games

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #926 on: August 04, 2009, 03:30:04 PM »
"Pingo, I think Richard might need some help. You comin' or not?!" John yells over the sound of another one of Richard's gunshots as he rushes towards the stairs.

As he sees his German fellow soldier, he quickly asks "You care to join us to keep the rest of those fuckers from boarding the boat?" before running up the stairs.

[spoiler]Move as far as I can, to get to Richard and help him repel any other cannibals. If I'm correct, a full round will get me to J15, but I'll encounter cannibals J and K on the way, so I'll try to take care of them first.[/spoiler]

As John rushes up the stairs he notices 2 more cannibals.

"How many of these bastards are there!? he shouts as he unleashes a hail of lead on one of the cannibals and braces himself to face their attacks.

[spoiler]Move to K10, and Burst Fire on Cannibal K.
Attack (including modifiers for Point Blank Shot and Burst Fire): crap, forgot to add the -4 on my attack roll...
Do you want me to use the first one, and add the -4, or use a new roll including the -4 from the start?

The first one would give me 17-4=13 total.
The second one would give me 9

Damage: 23[/spoiler]

"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

jacemachine

• MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #927 on: August 04, 2009, 03:59:34 PM »
Init 18

Cannibal_G steps forward to grab the unconscious form of Esteban. With the young man in his graps be spends the rest of his movement backing towards (O-20) where his legs hit the low wooden side of the Halcon. He topples backwards into the darkness with Esteban. An Audible *Splash* can be heard.
Current PbP Games

jacemachine

• MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #928 on: August 04, 2009, 04:08:19 PM »

As John rushes up the stairs he notices 2 more cannibals.

And they notice you! Held Readied actions (sorry) go off the moment that Kestrel reaches the K-10/D-10 area.

Two red feather tufts whiz past the sergeant as he climbs the stairs. They sink into the wooden walls of the stairwell as he rushes by.

EDIT: Oh, and John runs out of movement on C-10 BTW. But you should still have LoS for your action. So no rushing up stairs.

EDIT: Kestrel is on the stairs, between floors, at K-10.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 04:38:18 PM by jacemachine »
Current PbP Games

jacemachine

• MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #929 on: August 04, 2009, 04:20:52 PM »
Meanwhile, in the Engine Compartment.
[spoiler]
The Kid and Russo have gotten the furnace running, and the boiler is beginning to build steam

From out in the hall There's the sound of gun fire, and Kestrel screaming over it. "... keep the rest of those fuckers from boarding..."

"Oooohh. He said the mother of all bad words!"
The kid said in awe.

Russo, you can get the engine started and running from down here [Skill check Craft (Mechanical)], but after that Bones is going to need to get this thing OUT of here from the wheelhouse. Though he's drunk, he's the only one who van maneuver this boat on this river at night. You hope everyone manages to do their part. You know that if Bones is killed, it would be up to you to get this thing out of here.[/spoiler]

[All NPCs have acted this round. So it's up to the rest of you to fill out your moves. I'll see ya next round!

EDIT: Oh! and one other thing. If any of you end up on deck with Richard this round, take note that you will clearly see a BUNCH of torches heading towards the boat in the darkness... Hurray for reinforcements!]
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 04:28:54 PM by jacemachine »
Current PbP Games

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #930 on: August 04, 2009, 04:31:45 PM »
[spoiler]
EDIT: Oh, and John runs out of movement on C-10 BTW. But you should still have LoS for your action. So no rushing up stairs.
F-7  to E-8 is 1
E-8 to D9 is +2, so 3
D9 to C9 is +1, so 4
C9 to C10 is +1, so 5
C10 to K10 is +1, so 6 squares total, right?

Or do stairs cost double movement? That might explain my mistake :)[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: August 04, 2009, 04:40:15 PM by BowenSilverclaw »
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #931 on: August 04, 2009, 06:45:44 PM »
Not wanting this to take a minute longer than it has to, Eisen is just a step behind John, rushing after him. "Course I can. Bones! We need to get out of here, get to the damn wheel! Russo, he's drunk, you should help him!" He barely manages these words as he sprints up the stairs. Bolting up fast as he can, as he nears the stairs top, he prepares to tumble, and more successfully than he can ever remember doing so before, tumbles swiftly, next to the legs of the two waiting cannibals. Before he can even feel if he was entirely successful or not, he bolts for the stairway to the upper deck, swinging around and aiming as he gets to the stairs.

[spoiler]HP: 26
Shots left after this action: 4

Move action: Moves to M-10 (unless inbetween is another 5 ft, in which case it's L-10)
Free Action (Part of Move): Tumble to avoid AoO: 17
Move to N-7, turning to face the two on the stairs as a free action.
[/spoiler]

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #932 on: August 05, 2009, 12:50:57 AM »
Following Kestrel's lead, Loder moves to the bottom of the stairs (C-10) and takes a shot up at Cannibal J.

[spoiler]Invisible Castle seems to be completely down.  BTW, Is Cannibal J in melee with Kestrel?[/spoiler]
PbP Games
The Artifact (prologue) as Dr. Henry Loder, Mayan archaeologist

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
  • I think I'm getting pretty good.
    • Email
« Reply #933 on: August 05, 2009, 08:25:21 AM »
Pingo pauses to check and see that Bones is okay and his enemies are dead before he lets his blood lust and hatred for the cannibals over power his will. In his mind all cannibals should fall dead at his feet for their treacheries against him and mankind. He runs towards the stairs outside the door way then pauses looking up the stair way.

[spoiler]Pingo runs 30ft to d-10 and stops to catch his breath. Can he see anything up the stairs? Spot check? Ewww...invisible castle is down. However in real life I just rolled my d20 and got a sixteen total, too bad you weren't here to see it lol[/spoiler]
Playing Pingo, in The Artifact Prologue.

Running Dead Earth for my old table top group.

Tarotdragoon

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • a scarily accurate self protrait... no seriously
    • Email
« Reply #934 on: August 05, 2009, 11:25:17 AM »
[spoiler]arghh!!! invisible castle is down!! O_O I'll roll when it gets back up unless anybody else has a suggestion?[/spoiler]

"yeah and if I catch you repeating it I'll have bones spank you or something" he chides jokingly, looking around for any sort of hint as to how this thing might work

"LET ME GET THIS DAMN THING STARTED FIRST!!" he shouts down the corridor

"damn why did that idiot have to get drunk tonight!? we've been on this river for two days and he chooses tonight!"
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

"Go Beyond The Impossible, and kick reason to the curb! That's the Die Gurren way!!"
"Whether it's laughable or irrational
This is the path that ALL great men walk!
If there's a wall in our way, we'll destroy it!
If there's no road, we'll pave it with our bear hands!
The magma in our hearts is blazing like flames!"

ORE GA DARE DA TO OMOTE YARU!!!!!!

jacemachine