Author Topic: The Prologue (1941) - Part I  (Read 98339 times)

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
  • I think I'm getting pretty good.
    • Email
Re: The Prologue (1941)
« Reply #880 on: July 25, 2009, 05:44:05 AM »
Pingo attempts to break down the door.

[spoiler]First attempt: Strength Check (1d20+3=7)

Second round Attempt: Strength Check, seriously, (1d20+3=13)

Wow invisible castle is a piece of shit towards me. Haven't rolled good once. Is there another site I can legally use?

Anyways, on either attempt, if I happen to break the door I would then like to take my free five foot step into the door way and attack the adjacent cannibal A who is now at D-6?
That took a while to get right, I've never used a character who dual wielded. (1d20+5=6, 1d20+4=20)

Well if I manage to strike with both:

Spear damage:Spear (1d8+4+3=15)
Machete damage:Machete (1d6+3=4)

Wow, rolled a one on my machete. Once again Invisible Castle really hates me.

And what sucks is I did all that typing and and what if's and I doubt either attempt to break down the door actually broke it.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 05:49:30 AM by ragincajun2288 »
Playing Pingo, in The Artifact Prologue.

Running Dead Earth for my old table top group.

jacemachine

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • Powered by Coffee. Driven by Insanity--
    • MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #881 on: July 25, 2009, 11:14:05 AM »
Alrighty-- We're waiting on Bones' actions and we'll wrap up this round with a summary.

Pingo, don't overly-fret-- We ALL use these same suck-ass dice. Sometimes they DO roll good. Sometimes... Besides, you may do better than you think depending on how strong the door is. The DC is based on it's durability.

Max, roll initiative.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2009, 06:08:33 PM by jacemachine »
Current PbP Games
The Artifact (Prologue) as GM
[d20M] Isle Noir: Bad Karma as GM

The Good, the Bad, and the Undead, playing as Father Ezekiel Ambrose

"When the GM smiles, it's already too late." --Anonymous Doomed Gamer

PoliosRevenge

• Noob
  • Like motarboating...only with your fists.....
    • Email
« Reply #882 on: July 26, 2009, 04:14:58 AM »
Bones drunken stupor make his hands hard to move and

balance check (1d20+1=13)
(action point yo)
[spoiler]Action Point (1d6=5)
 HELL YEAH![/spoiler]
Nothing quite like baby stew......

jacemachine

• MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #883 on: July 26, 2009, 12:11:50 PM »
ROUND #2 SUMMARY
[spoiler]
18 Richard
Richard takes a step back (L-20), quickly reloads, aims, and fires at Cannibal_E!

*Ka-BOOOOOM--!!!!*
Richard's gun echoes through the jungle night, again sounding like thunder. *Thrruuum-thrrruuum**Thrruuum-thrrruuum**Thrruuum-thrrruuum**Thrruuum-thrrruuum**Thrruuum-thrrruuum**Thrruuum-thrrruuum**Thrruuum-thrrruuum**Thrruuum-thrrruuum* the drums continue their steady beat. On each shore the cannibal percussionists, hidden by the veil of blackest night, increase the tempo, building towards something. *Thrruuum-thrrruuum**Thrruuum-thrrruuum*

18 Cannibals
Screaming their frenzied cry,"HOOOOOOooooOOOOoOOOoOOOOooowwwWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAHHHH!"
Cannibal_C launches an arrow down from off of the tarped-roof. Richard hears the sound of it as it whizzes past him to sink into the wooden deck behind him with a wooden *THUNK!*

Cannibal_E releases and strikes Richard with another arrow for 3 points of damage.

Cannibal_G comes around to take cover at O-18. He looses an arrow from around the roof support post. It sinks into Richard's thigh for another 3 points of damage.

Richard now has 3 arrows protruding from him, and a total loss of -10 HPs for this combat.
Cannibal E, Cannibal C, Cannibal G
(1d20+2=8, 1d20+2=16, 1d20+2=16)
Damage for 2 arrows. (1d6=3, 1d6=3)

13 Russo
Russo on his action, holds the grip of his pistol tight, watching the others... fear in his eyes. Suddenly he dashes from the lounge, past Pingo, past the stairs, and to the smaller cabin where the Doctor and the Kid were last seen (stopping at C-13). He bangs on the door in a frantic motion, and opens it. "It's me!" He says spotting Dr, Loder holding a pistol. "The cannibals are attacking! They're coming down through Bones' cabin! Is the Kid safe?! What are we going to do!? I don't think I can get to either of 'the Girls'!"

12 Kestrel
John decides to take his chances and drops his flashlight as he hears the door being unlocked.
In one swift motion he opens the door to Bones' room and fires a shot at one of Bones' assailants, hoping to hit his mark despite the lack of illumination.

John yanks open the door. Immediately on the other side, is a not-so-steady Bones. The opening door dragged the smell of a brewery off of him into the Lounge. Cannibals in the room were screaming their frenzied cry,"HOOOOOOooooOOOOoOOOoOOOOooowwwWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAHHHH!"

Kestrel fires a shot, PAST BONES, at a shadowy figure standing beneath the hatch hole in the ceiling of Bones' cabin. There is a pained grunt, that stops Cannibal B's screaming-- But the others voices continue unabated and frightening. John immediately sees a second shadow in the room, near the OTHER door.

12 Cannibals
This second group of Cannibals react;  in the midst of their screaming frenzy,"HOOOOOOooooOOOOoOOOoOOOOooowwwWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAHHHH!"
Cannibal_A moves to D-6. He fumbles with the locked door for a moment, ignoring the battle in the room with him.

Cannibal_B moves forward into F-5. He stabs at Bones with a short spear and strikes! The cannibal laughs a ragged and frightening laugh as he does so, stabbing Bones with his speartip. (Bones takes -9 damage)

A third comes down through the hatch: Cannibal_F lands in the space vacated by B.

8 Loder
Loder holds his fire as he sees Russo in the doorway.  "Kid's safe in here, get in and maybe we can formulate some sort of plan.  How many cannibals did you see, and where were they?"

After letting Russo into the room, Loder re-locks the door.

7 Pingo
First Round attempt: Pingo attempts to break down the door. Strength Check (1d20+3=7) The door, old and badly mended after a notorious Bones-Binge had broken it, rocks in it's frame, but holds.

Second Round Attempt: Pingo attempts to break down the door.  Strength Check (1d20+3=13)
The door frame bursts, and splitters carry into the door with the momentum of the old wooden door as it whips open with a second well-placed shoulder by Pingo. The mute takes a five foot step into the doorway, brandishing his short spear in his right fist and wielding has machete in his left.

Blood is on his mind. Payback for the death of his village. Payback for eating his own tongue while he watched. Payback for spitting his daughter and cooking her like a pig. Payback for roasting his wife alive on a stake.
Pingo for one knew the perils of being taken alive by these savages.

3 Eisen
Flicking his flashlight on as he comes up the stairs, gun ahead of him and his flashlight arm crossing over so the beam aims with the gun, Eisen checks his surroundings, firing on the first target he can see.

[I'm going to interpret this in your favor. You did a Spot and Listen check, and you would have heard the sound of the 3rd group of cannibals as they were coming down through the wheelhouse. 'firing on the first target he can see.' leads me to believe that you would have readied and action to shoot at whatever cannibal came down from the roof to meet you.]

3 Bones
Bones staggers quickly, turns and practically topples past Sergeant Kestrel who had opened the door Bones had unlocked the previous round.

Well at least if they eat me I'm well marinated--!

Once through the door, he slams the door shut as he passes, then topples into the chair at (F-8), does an about face and trains his pistol on the door waiting...nay, daring for someone to come through...

"Who do these cats think they are dropping in at this hour, see?" Bones slurs from his chair.

1 Cannibals
A THIRD group of Cannibals react; Having broken through the wheelhouse door during the last round.
Cannibal_K comes down the left-hand stairs (to L-8) while Cannibal_I comes down the right-hand stairs (to M-9). Spotting Eisen, they begin to wail, "HOOOOOOooooOOOOoOOOoOOOOooowwwWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAHHHH!"

Eisen's Attack goes off-- *BLAM* taking a chunk out of Cannibal_I even as he is coming down the stairs. Cannibal_I closes the distance and stabs at Eisen with his spear, but misses as Eisen easily side-steps the thrust.

Cannibal_H opens the cabin's side-door allowing Cannibal_J top move in to L-9. Cannibal_J screams a blood-curdling howl as he stabs Eisen in the torso with his spear! (Eisen is hurt for 9 points! That is MAX DAMAGE!) The Cannibal laughs a rough and ragged cackle at the sight of blood. His smile reveals that his teeth have been filed to points in his mouth.

All the while everyone can hear the steady *Thrruuum-thrrruuum**Thrruuum-thrrruuum**Thrruuum-thrrruuum**Thrruuum-thrrruuum**Thrruuum-thrrruuum**Thrruuum-thrrruuum**Thrruuum-thrrruuum**Thrruuum-thrrruuum*[/spoiler]

ROUND #3 BEGINS...

Map shows the locations of all parties after the events of Round #2.

Initiative order:

18 Richard
18 Cannibals
13 Russo
12 Kestrel
12 Cannibals
8 Loder
7 Pingo
3 Eisen
3 Bones
1 Cannibals
0 Max (Please roll Initiative)

AND GO!

« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 07:07:23 PM by jacemachine »
Current PbP Games

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #884 on: July 26, 2009, 07:29:56 PM »
Richard yells out, "Would one of you bloody yanks stop playing with yourselves and do something!"  He then reloads and shoot at E again.

[spoiler]
Hit: 13
Damage: 17

[/spoiler]
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

jacemachine

• MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #885 on: July 26, 2009, 07:54:49 PM »
Richard yells out, "Would one of you bloody yanks stop playing with yourselves and do something!"  He then reloads and shoot at E again.

[spoiler]
Hit: 13
Damage: 17

[/spoiler]

Would you like to use an ACTION POINT to adjust your To Hit roll?
Current PbP Games

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #886 on: July 26, 2009, 11:16:57 PM »
[spoiler]
I always forget about those.

Action point: 3
[/spoiler]
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #887 on: July 26, 2009, 11:54:34 PM »
Loder quickly explains his idea to Russo and the Kid.  "You hear those drums?  They're all around us!  We have to get the boat out of here or more of them will keep coming!  Follow me!"

Loder rushes out into the hall, shouts up the stairs to where he heard Eisen's cry for help.  "Eisen, down here, we can bottleneck them in the corridoor!"

Then he heads left and grabs an armload of firewood. (F-15)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 01:49:51 AM by j0lt »
PbP Games
The Artifact (prologue) as Dr. Henry Loder, Mayan archaeologist

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #888 on: July 27, 2009, 12:37:17 AM »
Eisen, finding himself surprised by the large group he has in front of him, and taken aback by the spear he found easily lodged into him, fires into the cackling face of his foe. Maneuvering away from the second thrust, slightly stumbling back, he nearly falls back down the stairs, as he tries to solidify his plan. "Need some help up here! Fast! Russo? What're you and the doctor doing?" he shouts from his stairs-post.

[spoiler]
HP: 26
Shots loaded: 6*

Standard Action: *Fires on Cannibal_J. To-hit: 9, Damage: 2
Action Point: 5, makes to-hit 14

Move Action: Moves to E-10.

Also, i assume their closing distance allows for no AoO?[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 02:31:48 AM by Flay Crimsonwind »

jacemachine

• MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #889 on: July 27, 2009, 03:25:34 AM »
Eisen: [spoiler]If they are blue on the map, they are windows. There is onlt one side door, and that is the one that one Cannibal just came through, other than that there is the double doors that separate you from Richard on the aft deck. There is also a door towards the front of the craft.[/spoiler]

Russo follows Dr. Loder out of the cabin, and follows him to assist in getting the boat running.

"I think that you may be right, Doc. Ohhh... if only this boat were my old Vickers. We'd be able to fly out of here." Russo offers miserably. He keep looking back over his shoulder as he watches the kid and the Doc grab wood for the boiler's furnace. They could get the engine started from down here, but they would need to get to the wheelhouse to steer them out of here and to safety.

"I'll stand here and keep watch."
Russo says. (Russo to ready an action in the event that a cannibal comes within his LoS, he will shoot at him.)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 03:28:14 AM by jacemachine »
Current PbP Games

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
  • I think I'm getting pretty good.
    • Email
« Reply #890 on: July 27, 2009, 06:15:04 AM »
As the door flies open Pingo steps in, blood in his eyes. Immediately he recognizes a figure that isn't one of his friends.

Cannibals. What a bunch of assholes. The only thing on Pingo's mind now is death. Death to all of them. Even if he died cutting down the last one.

[spoiler]Pingo slashes and stabs at the adjacent cannibal at D-5. Spear/Machete (1d20+7=24, 1d20+6=9)

Ha ha, damn, I know that spear hit for sure.

Spear and Machete damage, respectively. (1d8+7=8, 1d6+3=6)

And then I rolled a one for damage on my spear, thank God Pingo's a badass or else I wouldn't have even scratched the fellow.

I fucking hate you Invisible Castle, I fucking hate you. [/spoiler]
Playing Pingo, in The Artifact Prologue.

Running Dead Earth for my old table top group.

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #891 on: July 27, 2009, 06:56:13 AM »
"You okay, Bones?" John asks as he picks up his flashlight.

"Here, take this." John says as he hands Bones his flashlight before holstering his revolver and taking his Tommygun of his back to use himself.

[spoiler]Listen check to see if I can hear any cries for help and/or backup or gunshots or any other signs of combat etc.: 9

Crap, nevermind... :banghead[/spoiler]

Edited for clarity, and because I forgot Bones already was holding a gun of his own.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 07:20:33 AM by BowenSilverclaw »
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

jacemachine