Author Topic: The Prologue (1941) - Part I  (Read 98332 times)

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
Re: The Prologue (1941)
« Reply #800 on: July 15, 2009, 05:22:03 AM »
Having fished for two hours, Eisen decides to give up on the task; after all, the moving boat probably isn't helping in luring in the damned things anyways. Instead, Eisen went to go unpack and pack his belongings, to make sure grenades and all were still in prime use. Sufficiently bored, after the whole twenty minutes he wasted unpacking, he decided to instead keep an eye out into the jungle, and an ear open. While he did, he kept the rifle next to him, and a rod in his hands, not expecting to catch anything (which he did), but hoping to at least not trod on the fun the others were having. Though the jungle provided good cover, his sight was in this case much better than his hearing, with the roar of the motor and the ridiculous celebration of the one caught fish. Still, he at least could do his job, no matter how much safer they were supposed to be in the middle of a river....
[spoiler](Spot:23, Listen:12)[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 05:24:03 AM by Flay Crimsonwind »

jacemachine

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • Powered by Coffee. Driven by Insanity--
    • MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #801 on: July 16, 2009, 04:03:19 AM »
Pingo spends the whole morning fishing-- catches two smaller fish, and one two pounder! The afternoon was uneventful, and he gave up after 2PM.

The Kid fished unsuccessfully up until noon, but then he managed to pull in a nice two and a half pound fish!

[spoiler]
PINGO
10AM 1d20 ? [15] = (15) Tiddly
11AM 1d20 ? [15] = (15) Tiddly
12PM 1d20 ? [19] = (19) 2lbs!
1PM 1d20 ? [4] = (4)    Nada
2PM 1d20 ? [4] = (4)    Nada

THE KID
10AM 1d20 ? [10] = (10) Nada
11AM 1d20 ? [4] = (4)    Nada
12 PM 1d20 ? [20] = (20) Booyah! 2.5 lbs!!
[/spoiler]

Current PbP Games
The Artifact (Prologue) as GM
[d20M] Isle Noir: Bad Karma as GM

The Good, the Bad, and the Undead, playing as Father Ezekiel Ambrose

"When the GM smiles, it's already too late." --Anonymous Doomed Gamer

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #802 on: July 16, 2009, 05:30:03 AM »
[spoiler]What about Kestrel? :D[/spoiler]
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #803 on: July 16, 2009, 05:55:19 AM »
Richard fishes alongside Pingo, but spends more time on the lookout for danger than paying attention to his rod and so only catches a small fish.

[spoiler]
10 am -7
11 am -10
12 pm -6
1 pm -12
2 pm - 15

[/spoiler]
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #804 on: July 16, 2009, 06:45:22 AM »
Emerging sluggishly onto the deck with a cup of no-longer-hot coffee in his hand, Loder staggers over to the side and stares out into the passing jungle.  He watches the others fish momentarily before heading back down to the lounge to pore over Dunning's maps.
PbP Games
The Artifact (prologue) as Dr. Henry Loder, Mayan archaeologist

Neull//

« Reply #805 on: July 16, 2009, 07:14:12 AM »

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #806 on: July 16, 2009, 07:50:14 AM »
Loder looks up from the maps with a tired smile.  "Well, the lost Mayan city is of no surprise to me.  These jungles are probably FILLED with lost cities just waiting to be found.  I have absolutely no idea about any of this supernatural stuff though."

Pulling out a compass and checking over both Dunning's blood-printed map as well as a topographical map of Guatemala, Loder mumbles.  "If we go through this way, we may be able to cut some time off the journey..."

[spoiler]Navigate = 26[/spoiler]
PbP Games

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #807 on: July 16, 2009, 01:40:48 PM »
After a couple of hours of fishing Sgt. Kestrel finally gets lucky and catches 3 fish large enough to be used for dinner in a relatively short timespan, each fish weighing about 1.5 pounds.

Even though he didn't catch anything else in the hours after that, he was still quite pleased with his results for the day, as evidenced by the grin on his face.
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

jacemachine

• MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #808 on: July 17, 2009, 04:46:12 AM »
Fresh Fish for lunch. The scent of frying fish leaks from the Galley porthole as well flows from the hall and up the stairs. Fresh bread, jerky, and a variety of fruits and vegetables round out the spread. The Kid has cooked all of the fish that have been presented to him. He whistles happily while he cooks your food.

The pattering of the rain upon the roof of the boat continued starting in the mid-morning towards early afternoon. It took away the normally lingering bugs, or at least decreased their interest in buzzing around your heads.

Pingo has returned to his hammock to relax. Through the open windows of the top deck cabin the shouts of howler monkeys echo loudly at the boats passing, joined still by the never ending cacophony of frogs.

Up in the wheelhouse Bones and Russo share the wheel, and talk about their exploits.

RUSSO
[spoiler]"I can't believe that you got yourself mixed up with two dames at once! Crazy! One girl at a time is plenty for me, I ain't got that kind of stamina anymore." Bones says over a glass of bourbon. His hand on the wheel.

"The problem with the girls down here, is that their fathers all want to marry them off." Bones says with a smile. "Though sometimes I wish that Kid had a mother of some kind. This is no life for him." He takes a mouthful of bourbon. "Ah, what do I know. The Kid is better off with me, than being on the streets right?"[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 04:20:18 PM by jacemachine »
Current PbP Games

ragincajun2288

• Bi-Curious George
  • I think I'm getting pretty good.
    • Email
« Reply #809 on: July 17, 2009, 10:30:02 AM »
Pingo lays with his hands behind his head, wishing the jungle didn't breathe and scream on a constant basis. Oh well, probably better if he didn't get too relaxed. Pingo wasn't entirely sure he could relax while being out. Ever since that day with the cannibals... if Bones hadn't been around he would have lost more than his tongue, his life as well. But sometimes Pingo would wonder if he would have been better off as dead, at least then, joining his loved ones in the afterlife.

[spoiler]Pingo misses his wife and kid. The adventure was a welcome distraction.[/spoiler]

Maybe time for just a small light nap, Pingo thought, the others will hoot and holler if something were to happen for sure. Pingo closes his eyes.

Playing Pingo, in The Artifact Prologue.

Running Dead Earth for my old table top group.

jacemachine

• MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #810 on: July 17, 2009, 04:37:29 PM »
Max & Loder
[spoiler]
As the two men discuss the map, and their options. The sun's progress across the sky continues. Late afternoon approaches. By this time, both Max and Loder have poured intently over the Map of Blood and cross-referencing the Map of Guatemala and environs that Loder had spread out across the table. (Max has also had plenty of time to get Loder up to date on what Bones had had to say the previous evening.)

Armed with the Map of Blood there was no way that the Nazis could beat them to the Lost City now... could they? However, there was the matter of this demon. According to your interpretations of the Dunning Letters, the demon had already been to this city once before... perhaps it could give the Nazis an edge even without the map.

Of course, this was something none of the party members could control, and dwelling on this possibility would do no good. Hope for the Best, but expect the worse.[/spoiler]

The Kid carried something in his hands, walking quietly up to the sleeping Pingo wearing his baseball cap and a smile as wide as his face. A moment later he runs out of the upper deck's cabin, and back down to the lower decks.

Pingo
[spoiler]You find that you are dragged from sleep by an unusual sensation in your pants. There's seems to be a small fish flapping around against your skin.[/spoiler]

From downstairs the boys uproarious laughter breaks his silence, and his amused cackling is easily heard.
Current PbP Games

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #811 on: July 18, 2009, 12:47:19 AM »
Standing up and stretching out the tension in his shoulders, Loder excuses himself and heads up to the deck for some fresh air.  Strange thoughts of magic and demons and lost cities buzzed through his mind making it nearly impossible to concentrate on any one thing.
PbP Games

Tarotdragoon

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • a scarily accurate self protrait... no seriously
    • Email
« Reply #812 on: July 18, 2009, 02:36:53 PM »
Russo continues talking to Bones though most of the day, regaling the man with his own daring exploits and being told a few in return

"Tell me about it! Its not much better no matter where you go, never let an italian father catch wind of your exploits or else he'll have you married quick as a frenchie's surrender, and never let the mother find out, she would more likely kill you, have you limping for the wedding and make you think twice about a wedding night." he takes a break from the anecdotes and stares out across the river
"So where did you pick that kid up anyway? He's like a little puppy following you around, not that I'm not gad he's here" he lights a cigarette "Saved my life at least, he's a good kid, would probably be bored with a normal life anyhow"
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

"Go Beyond The Impossible, and kick reason to the curb! That's the Die Gurren way!!"
"Whether it's laughable or irrational
This is the path that ALL great men walk!
If there's a wall in our way, we'll destroy it!
If there's no road, we'll pave it with our bear hands!
The magma in our hearts is blazing like flames!"

ORE GA DARE DA TO OMOTE YARU!!!!!!

jacemachine