Author Topic: The Prologue (1941) - Part I  (Read 98336 times)

Tarotdragoon

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • a scarily accurate self protrait... no seriously
    • Email
Re: The Prologue (1941)
« Reply #740 on: July 07, 2009, 05:45:17 AM »

"hmmm" says Russo scratching his day stubble that seemed to have grown up in just the last few hours

"That doesn't sound like a bad Idea Eisen, they're both belt fed but they have their own boxes that helps feed them, they jam up sometimes when they were on my plane because I couldn't reach em when flying but if the boxes go on  the ground I'm sure a loader (not you doc but sure let me get it from my pack) would stop it from jamming quite so much"

standing up we moved to the back of the boat top still drying on the deck to where their packs were huddling like sea sick children. he opened up his own and dug deep inside moving aside 9mm boxes, binoculars (which he fished out placed on the deck next to him), clothes and finally the two knives he took out the bundle that was the shattered blade and took it up to Loader where he laid it out on the deck and carefully unwrapped it exposing the dark pieces.

[spoiler]I should of made Russo help out with the engine what with his +7 craft mechanical check and +2 repair [/spoiler]

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

"Go Beyond The Impossible, and kick reason to the curb! That's the Die Gurren way!!"
"Whether it's laughable or irrational
This is the path that ALL great men walk!
If there's a wall in our way, we'll destroy it!
If there's no road, we'll pave it with our bear hands!
The magma in our hearts is blazing like flames!"

ORE GA DARE DA TO OMOTE YARU!!!!!!

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #741 on: July 07, 2009, 06:18:10 AM »
"I think I can help you guys with that." John remarks as he overhears Eisen's suggestion.

"Say Eisen, you're a pretty down-to-earth guy, wadda you reckon' about all this talk about demons and whatnot? Some of these guys really seem to believe in all that supernatural stuff..." John asks his fellow soldier ,somewhat hesitating,  as he offers him a cigar.
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #742 on: July 07, 2009, 06:33:01 AM »
Smiling while politely waving off the cigar, Eisen  seems in a bit of an odd state, "I think that if it is a demon, it's the first I've ever believed one could exist. If it isn't a demon, I've got a pack full of explosives for any drug-crazed nazi soldier experiment against us, and a fairly accurate rifle to place him down for the second it takes to stuff it in his mouth. The nazi's have something, and demon or drug I don't care what. Maybe it is a demon, and thus the healed over wounds. Maybe they have a soldier serum like in those kid's comics back in America, in which case I'd love the finished product.

Maybe it's the German in me, but I don't care what it is, as long as the end result, i.e. killing it, stays the same. So John, I take it your not a religious man? We might as well all get to know each other since we'll be traveling slow for a day's distance..."
Eisen dropped his pack towards the center wall of the boat, nearby the door down to the hull, but kept his belt and rifle, actually taking off his jacket for the first time without heading to sleep; he'd always, as it occurrs to anyone, come out of his tent dressed, combed, and ready. Eisen wasn't a weak man, so it seemed; a few small scars, nothing huge or deep, could be seen scattered and distant over his arms and chest.
[spoiler]For some reason, I'm digging character development, feel free to ignore it and it might be gone by morning.  :P[/spoiler]

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #743 on: July 07, 2009, 06:43:16 AM »
"Well, I'm definitely not your typical bible-basher..." John smirks as he lights a cigar.

"I mean, I'd like to believe that there's something out there, but I'm not sure wether it's what the church would have us believe. I guess that's just human nature though..." he continues after taking a few puffs from his cigar.

"I'm definitely not someone who believes in all of this hoodoo and supernatural stuff. I like to think of myself as a pretty down-to-earth guy, kinda like yourself I reckon'. Like you said, I don't care what it is the Nazis have, or how we put a stop to it, as long as the end result is the same.

Guess that's what comes with the soldier mindset..."
he smiles.

[spoiler]Yeah, some good old character development is definitely fun :)

I kinda like how Eisen and John aren't all that different...[/spoiler]
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #744 on: July 07, 2009, 06:52:15 AM »
Loder checks out the pieces of his knife as if they were bits of an artifact he had unearthed during a regular archaeological dig.

[spoiler]Investigate: 27
Knowledge (history): 19
Research: 34 (NATURAL 20!)
[/spoiler]
PbP Games
The Artifact (prologue) as Dr. Henry Loder, Mayan archaeologist

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #745 on: July 07, 2009, 07:01:42 AM »
"Excuse me for a second, Eisen." John says as he gets up and walks over to the front of the boat.

"Doc, care to join us at the back of the boat? I think I might have an idea...

Max, could you come as well, I might be able to use your help."
he calls out to the wheelhouse area before walking back to the back of the boat.

[spoiler]This should be fun :smirk[/spoiler]

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #746 on: July 07, 2009, 07:05:06 AM »
"I am fairly 'down to Earth,' I suppose. I wasn't raised religiously, just politically; father wanted Germany to be great again, made sure we were educated in worldly ways, like languages and common sense. None of us can stand the nazi way of doing it though; just shameful.

I don't know if I believe in this... thing the Germans have used on Muta, the Chief, and Dietrich being a demon, but if it makes sense, I'll let anyone call it what they want until I know for sure. And yes, that is definitely the soldier mindset... Ironically enough, I'm not technically a military man, though. Where did you serve? I only meet with other soldiers for business relations, or to kill them-...."
He seems to ponder this for a second. "... Well, business relations. The Nazis, I have a bias of contempt for. And the French are... an odd breed." Then, as John seems to have an idea, Eisen just smiles and waves him on. "Of course."

Neull//

« Reply #747 on: July 07, 2009, 09:47:07 AM »
Max follows John without saying anything...the man is still socked of what Richard just revealed to them..

"So?"

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #748 on: July 07, 2009, 09:51:53 AM »
Loder reluctantly puts the pieces of broken knife away and follows the others to see what's going on.
PbP Games

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #749 on: July 07, 2009, 09:57:36 AM »
"Okay, listen, I'm still not saying I'm buying all that hoodoo and demon stuff, but let's say there's some truth to it...

Those knives are supposed to be able to wound or even kill that demon, right Doc?"
John asks, trying not to sound too cynical.

"From what you guys know about these legends, would the shards of a broken knife still be able to inflict serious injury?"

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #750 on: July 07, 2009, 11:32:07 AM »
"What legends?  How exactly are we supposed to know anything about these things?  We're as new to this as you are!  I HAD been studying the shards of broken dagger to see what I could figure out, but you interrupted me for...  For these questions without answers!"  Exasperated, Loder throws his hands up in the air and starts heading back to the front of the boat.
PbP Games

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #751 on: July 07, 2009, 11:52:24 AM »
"Okay..."

John then walks to the wheelhouse and asks Richard and Bones if the shards could still be used to wound the 'demon', offering them both something to drink and a cigar.

jacemachine

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks