Author Topic: The Prologue (1941) - Part I  (Read 98332 times)

Tarotdragoon

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • a scarily accurate self protrait... no seriously
    • Email
Re: The Prologue (1941)
« Reply #680 on: July 01, 2009, 07:23:40 PM »

John (thats Russo not Kestrel) walks down to the dock eyeing up the blooded corpse of Muta and possibly muttering something like "not so tough now are ya you creepy ass hodoo bastard?"

"I see you got him then? Looks like he wont be terrorizing any unsuspecting travelers any more" and with a swift look behind him at the bawling still coming from the church "or... uh any innocent villagers" he approaches the dock and gives the Halcon a rather underwhelmed and disdainful look over

"wow... what a piece of junk"[spoiler]I will stop with the Star Wars references eventually, promise[/spoiler]
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

"Go Beyond The Impossible, and kick reason to the curb! That's the Die Gurren way!!"
"Whether it's laughable or irrational
This is the path that ALL great men walk!
If there's a wall in our way, we'll destroy it!
If there's no road, we'll pave it with our bear hands!
The magma in our hearts is blazing like flames!"

ORE GA DARE DA TO OMOTE YARU!!!!!!

Neull//

« Reply #681 on: July 01, 2009, 07:55:25 PM »
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 07:57:08 PM by Neull// »

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #682 on: July 01, 2009, 07:59:11 PM »
"You really do believe that demon-stuff, don't you?" John asks, still somewhat uncomfortable with all this talk about supernatural entities.

"Eisen, do you know of any kind of biological or chemical weapon the Nazis might have that could cause something like this?" he then asks his fellow soldier, still looking for a somewhat more rational and scientific answer.
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #683 on: July 01, 2009, 11:13:36 PM »
[spoiler]I rolled a ten for a knowledge check, should have just taken ten, lol.

However, to answer the chemical question, I have no idea if current affairs (+5 mod, total 15) would be appropriate, or history (12 total), or what. I probably don't know anything about it anyways with that low a roll, but I figure it's worth trying.[/spoiler]

"What's more disturbing to me is the fact that the chief was found in the tavern. It would appear he went home, killed his family, and laid down. Booted footprints tell me that someone either killed him, or more likely found him, since the bed had minimal blood on it. But how he moved into the Tavern and why has me confused.

In addition, because you mentioned it's lack of efficacy, along with a small quantity of blood, the bed was covered in a grand amount of sugar... So much doesn't make sense. On a different note, if he's a prime suspect, how are we supposed to notice if Pingo is acting strange, Bones?"
The off-color comment was meant as an honest question, but was inflected to try and lighten mood for morales sake, and the German's humor did nothing to hide this awkward fact.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 11:48:26 PM by Flay Crimsonwind »

jacemachine

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • Powered by Coffee. Driven by Insanity--
    • MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #684 on: July 02, 2009, 03:23:36 AM »
"Hmph?" Bones said, lost in thoughts of his own. "Oh. I'll keep an eye of Pingo. Right now though, he just seems shook up. Me too actually. I'm sorry."
Current PbP Games
The Artifact (Prologue) as GM
[d20M] Isle Noir: Bad Karma as GM

The Good, the Bad, and the Undead, playing as Father Ezekiel Ambrose

"When the GM smiles, it's already too late." --Anonymous Doomed Gamer

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #685 on: July 02, 2009, 03:24:17 AM »
"Wait, did you say sugar?"

Loder stops dead in his tracks, a look of contemplation fills his eyes.  Suddenly he breaks into a run, not toward the docks, but back to the church.
PbP Games
The Artifact (prologue) as Dr. Henry Loder, Mayan archaeologist

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #686 on: July 02, 2009, 03:26:36 AM »
Neither questioning nor totally surprised, Eisen grabs his rifle and heaves his pack up, to go sprinting after the Doctor.

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #687 on: July 02, 2009, 03:50:57 AM »
Loder runs into the church but instead of stopping he continues straight through and out the back door to the graveyard to stop breathlessly in front of Albert Dunning's desecrated grave.  Crouching down by the torn open satchel, Loder wets his finger and touches the white grains he had noticed earlier.  Carefully, he tastes them.  He looks up and grins at Eisen who was watching him.  "Yep, it's sugar!  I can't believe I didn't realize it earlier!"

Loder stands up.  "You say the Nazi leader was acting strangely, and that there was also sugar on the chief's bed?
PbP Games
The Artifact (prologue) as Dr. Henry Loder, Mayan archaeologist

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #688 on: July 02, 2009, 05:05:47 AM »
"Well, yes, it looks like he had killed his family and then lay down in a coating of sugar, like it was applied to the sheets before anything had happened... and yes, Dietrich is acting uncharacteristically cruel... I'm not following completely, how is... uh, Muta's demonic taint similar in any way to Dunning's grave and Dietrich's cruelty?" Getting the basic idea, but feeling as though he'd missed a very important final clue, Eisen simply stands at ready, puzzled but interested, and moreover worried...

Tarotdragoon

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • a scarily accurate self protrait... no seriously
    • Email
« Reply #689 on: July 02, 2009, 06:15:01 AM »

Russo watches after the others looking throughly confused, shaking his head he turns to Max

"You are joking right? I mean... well uh.... damn. This is actually starting to make sense to me, it shouldn't, but it does"

he ruffles the back of his head dislodging as much mud as he could and using the rain to wash himself down a bit now looking rather grim

"But how can something like this even be possible? Shit like demons and hoodoo doesn't even exist for Christ's sake, and if it does then why here? Why not anywhere else? how come this is the first damned thing to be dredged up, is it us? that damn thing we're looking for what if all-" he breaks off suddenly an exasperated look on his face, after a second however it lit up and he moved over to bones

"You still got those mayan daggers we got from the fat guy? if this sugar idea Max was on about doesn't work perhaps they might, I mean if another one comes after us I would sure like a way to kill it before it, say, jumps on one of us and beats them half to death without anybody noticing"
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

"Go Beyond The Impossible, and kick reason to the curb! That's the Die Gurren way!!"
"Whether it's laughable or irrational
This is the path that ALL great men walk!
If there's a wall in our way, we'll destroy it!
If there's no road, we'll pave it with our bear hands!
The magma in our hearts is blazing like flames!"

ORE GA DARE DA TO OMOTE YARU!!!!!!

jacemachine

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks