Author Topic: The Prologue (1941) - Part I  (Read 98332 times)

Tarotdragoon

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • a scarily accurate self protrait... no seriously
    • Email
Re: The Prologue (1941)
« Reply #400 on: May 23, 2009, 04:37:47 PM »
Russo takes the letters off Loader and huddles closer to the fire, swatting at anything that gets close, he listens with a half cocked ear to the conversation but his attention is on the letters, he flicks through them, reads them all twice and mutters something about missing his plane

he reads through the first one closely and looks up

"we know anything about any local villages around here? or maybe a river? thats the only thing I could glean for now, take a look" he passes the letters to Bones then looks to Kestrel, pulls a cigarette out of his pocket and lights it with the zippo

"Well I'm stuck here because the italian police are after me, made my trade illegal hoping to flush me and my friends out of the skies, they want to recruit some of us into the army, or throw others into jail" he clicked the lighter shut and put it into his pocket

"Ain't no way I'm fighting with those damn nazi, so I shipped of back to old Blighty, sold my plane back to my uncle, left my friends back in Italy..." his face darkens as he mentions friends a look of warm nostalgia and regret.
he takes the flask from John and swigs passing it down the line face still hanging with regret.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 03:52:33 PM by Tarotdragoon »
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

"Go Beyond The Impossible, and kick reason to the curb! That's the Die Gurren way!!"
"Whether it's laughable or irrational
This is the path that ALL great men walk!
If there's a wall in our way, we'll destroy it!
If there's no road, we'll pave it with our bear hands!
The magma in our hearts is blazing like flames!"

ORE GA DARE DA TO OMOTE YARU!!!!!!

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #401 on: May 23, 2009, 06:09:50 PM »
[spoiler]No more finals, I am FREEE![/spoiler]
Eisen, for the first time in a long time, smiles. "And yet somehow, Russo, you managed to wind up fighting 'those damn nazi's' anyway. Isn't life full of irony?" Eisen's nearly giggling, but to protect his manlihood we'll say chuckling, through the whole of it; well look, some of you might be thinking, he is a human being.

But right afterwards, his face does become sullen, almost saddened. "And 'the hooker' was right, Dietrich is just about the worst man to have near us, currently. He's a calm, cold Nazi of a man, got his start at ten and currently is just under Himmler, his special dog of war. The man hasn't ever failed a mission; I've tried to kill him once, the bomb plot failed and though he never learned who I was, they caught someone they thought was me. He's ruthless, cunning, and courageous; a real lion. You'll be able to tell it's him; he'll be clean, and he'll be directly in the front. Richard, if we ever do encounter him, I'd like for you to utilize your sniper history to end that man, if at all possible. Shoot his head, not his chest; I'm fairly certain he hasn't got a heart.

Anyways, we have an issue. The young soldier's letter says that the first group left a few days ago, and their higher-ups Dietrich and Krouse went with them. Thing is, Dietrich is a man known to treat his men with respect, they never able to tell if he is angry or not. But the letter states he's been calling them worthless, incompetent... something bad must have urged him forward. This boy was to be the second group, so either the groups are small and we just killed one... yes, that's unlikely... or the second group should be panicking back in town, and a messenger will be sent along Dietrich's path to inform him of us. Either way, we need to be careful, both for Dietrich, and whatever pissed him off..."

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #402 on: May 23, 2009, 07:35:33 PM »
Richard sits on a log, taking care of his Rifle.  "I'm here because except for Pingo I have more experience living in these conditions than all of you combined, because I love my country, because I've been fighting these damn Germans for too long, present company excluded, and because I've seen enough magic to believe that whatever these Germans are seeking is powerful enough to do some real damage."
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

jacemachine

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • Powered by Coffee. Driven by Insanity--
    • MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #403 on: May 24, 2009, 12:01:26 PM »
"THERE it is... that sunuvabitch..." "Bones" Avery withdraws a folded and yellowed piece of paper from the chest. He passes it to Dr. Loder.

"I was worried Reggie had lost it for a moment there! Take a look at the back, see what I meant about Hieroglyphs?

[spoiler][/spoiler]

"I've been asking through villages, trying to find someone old enough who can still read it. No dice." He looks at the letters before he starts to read them. "These are the straight dope. Definitely Dunning's handwriting..." he trails off as he starts to read them.

The Kid comes up behind Bones' shoulder and whispers, "I have to go pee." Bones mutters something like, 'don't go far' and the Kid wanders out of camp, looking a little embarrassed.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 02:19:44 PM by jacemachine »
Current PbP Games
The Artifact (Prologue) as GM
[d20M] Isle Noir: Bad Karma as GM

The Good, the Bad, and the Undead, playing as Father Ezekiel Ambrose

"When the GM smiles, it's already too late." --Anonymous Doomed Gamer

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #404 on: May 24, 2009, 12:22:41 PM »
As soon as Loder sees the Mayan glyphs on the back of the map, he drops to his knees as close to the fire as he can stand, and rummages almost hysterically through his shoulder bag for something.  At last he produces a notebook, which he opens with shaky fingers.  Leaning towards the fire to get as much light as possible, he begins comparing the glyphs on the map with various pages of his notebook.  Mumbling under his breath, a few words slip through as his excitement mounts.  "Uhh...  Mayan king..." Flipping pages, "...magic disk?  hmm..." paging through more rapidly now, "...defend? no, protect..." scratching his head, "...evil..." lost in concentration. "...god..." Frantically scribbling notes down on a blank page in his notebook, Dr. Loder seems oblivious to the presence of the others around him.
PbP Games
The Artifact (prologue) as Dr. Henry Loder, Mayan archaeologist

jacemachine

• Powered by Coffee. Driven by Insanity--
    • MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #405 on: May 24, 2009, 12:35:56 PM »
Bones bends towards Dr. Loder, "What... can you actually READ that gobbledygook? What it--" Bones is cut off by the sound of a young boy's shrill scream coming from the absolute darkness of the jungle enveloping the group. A low howling moan underscores the boy's terror...

Bones leaps to his feet, and rushes off towards the jungle, in the direction of the commotion. He turns a heavy metal flash light on and pulls his revolver from his shoulder holster. "Kid!"
« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 02:34:45 PM by jacemachine »
Current PbP Games
The Artifact (Prologue) as GM
[d20M] Isle Noir: Bad Karma as GM

The Good, the Bad, and the Undead, playing as Father Ezekiel Ambrose

"When the GM smiles, it's already too late." --Anonymous Doomed Gamer

Tarotdragoon

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #406 on: May 24, 2009, 03:56:47 PM »

his head snaps round almost nutting Loader in the head, he had leaned in close to Dr Loader as he was translating looking over his shoulder, though he had spent a long time in the adriatic it had not dulled his love of all thing ancient.

Russo stood up looking towards the cry

"the hell just happened!?"
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

"Go Beyond The Impossible, and kick reason to the curb! That's the Die Gurren way!!"

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #407 on: May 24, 2009, 05:43:59 PM »
Richard jumps into action.  He grabs his rifle and runs off in the direction that the kid went.
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #408 on: May 25, 2009, 05:23:25 AM »
John picks up his Thompson submachine gun and runs after Bones and Richard.
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

Neull//

« Reply #409 on: May 25, 2009, 07:03:46 AM »
Max was admiring the map Bones just showed them until he heard the boy yelling..

The adventurer picks up his submachine gun and follows the others

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #410 on: May 25, 2009, 07:32:29 AM »
Looking up from his notes, Dr. Loder suddenly realizes he's alone as he watches Max run off into the darkness.  "Uhh, guys?"
PbP Games
The Artifact (prologue) as Dr. Henry Loder, Mayan archaeologist

Tarotdragoon

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #411 on: May 25, 2009, 10:37:59 AM »

"don't worry doc, I'm still here" said Russo standing ready, gun in hand. He walks slowly towards where the others had barreled off but could no longer see them through the brush and darkness, he drew his machete and hacked down a couple of branches. Nothing.

"damn" cursing he stood where he was looking around for any other immediate signs of danger
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

jacemachine