Author Topic: The Prologue (1941) - Part I  (Read 98327 times)

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
Re: The Prologue (1941)
« Reply #180 on: April 14, 2009, 01:20:44 PM »
"If we want to save time, we could split up. Me and Eisen can take care of our equipment, and the rest of you can take care of Bones' errands. Assuming that's okay with the rest of you guys ofcourse." John says, trying not to talk too loud in case anyone is trying to eavesdrop on them.

He then beckons towards Dr. Loder to fill him in on everthing.
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #181 on: April 14, 2009, 01:49:22 PM »
Padre says in a gruff voice and a shrug.

Looking at Russo's drink, Loder shrugs.  "Bueno."

After accepting the drink from the barkeep, Henry moves over to the booth to see what all the hubbub is about.

[spoiler]Fort Save = 21[/spoiler]
PbP Games
The Artifact (prologue) as Dr. Henry Loder, Mayan archaeologist

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #182 on: April 14, 2009, 03:18:48 PM »
Richard nods.  "Fine, lets get this taken care of."  He picks up the package for the fortune teller and turns to leave.
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #183 on: April 14, 2009, 03:26:42 PM »
"How 'bout the rest of you guys? You okay with this?"
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #184 on: April 14, 2009, 04:08:54 PM »
"Either way I'm needed, I can go. I'm the guy who ordered the equipment, so the nazi's wont suspect me picking up a load of stuff; I think I made a decent impression on one as well. I'm ready to go, and I agree, we shouldn't spend any more time in the town than we absolutely have to." Taking a huge drag on the cigarette, holding it in, then slowly breathing it out, he props it in his lips and speaks without it falling out. With that, he moves towards the door, looking out and waiting for John to leave.

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #185 on: April 14, 2009, 04:15:05 PM »
John quickly follows Eisen, appreciating the German's professional attitude, not waisting any time.

While he walks out, he says to his other travelling companions:
"See you guys here in a couple of hours?"

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #186 on: April 14, 2009, 04:16:09 PM »
Richard heads off towards the fortune teller's.
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

Tarotdragoon

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • a scarily accurate self protrait... no seriously
    • Email
« Reply #187 on: April 14, 2009, 04:35:30 PM »
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Russo pulls deeply on his drink, he spits it out immediatly, it does not suit his finely attuned itallian palate at all "great pilots of the black! what the hell it this!?" he wipes his mouth and takes another sip mainly because he paid for it and winces powerfully

((Fort=20))

".....I've had worse" he mutters, "so we all go off to the north road (after we finish our tasks) and wait for you guys with the baggage? hold on that guy on the boat said he could get us mules and a guide- not that we need a guide but....
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

"Go Beyond The Impossible, and kick reason to the curb! That's the Die Gurren way!!"
"Whether it's laughable or irrational
This is the path that ALL great men walk!
If there's a wall in our way, we'll destroy it!
If there's no road, we'll pave it with our bear hands!
The magma in our hearts is blazing like flames!"

ORE GA DARE DA TO OMOTE YARU!!!!!!

jacemachine

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • Powered by Coffee. Driven by Insanity--
    • MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #188 on: April 14, 2009, 04:43:47 PM »
[[ Eisen and Kestrel will be posting again in the B thread until you all meet up again. The rest of you, keep posting in this thread, and decide what needs to be decided, and I will be back!

[spoiler]Got ninja'd by Jacemachine :) Just waiting for Jolt's answer and then I'll continue my posts in the B thread :)[/spoiler]

Heh heh heh, oops!]]
« Last Edit: April 15, 2009, 12:43:21 AM by jacemachine »
Current PbP Games
The Artifact (Prologue) as GM
[d20M] Isle Noir: Bad Karma as GM

The Good, the Bad, and the Undead, playing as Father Ezekiel Ambrose

"When the GM smiles, it's already too late." --Anonymous Doomed Gamer

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #189 on: April 14, 2009, 04:43:56 PM »
"Yeah, mules or horses might come in handy. Doc, think you can come with us? We could use the help of Paco and Esteban and their horse, but neither me nor Eisen speak Spanish." John says just before he is about to leave the inn.

[spoiler]Got ninja'd by Jacemachine :) Just waiting for Jolt's answer and then I'll continue my posts in the B thread :)[/spoiler]

jacemachine

• MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #190 on: April 14, 2009, 04:57:00 PM »
[spoiler=Drink Fort Result]Russo takes the drink known as a "Mexican Madras" like a man.  ;). Easily passing the Fort save to withstand it's intoxicating nature.  :clap So does Dr. Loder for that matter. Hurray for drinking![/spoiler]
Current PbP Games

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #191 on: April 15, 2009, 12:38:08 AM »
Dr. Loder nods to John and downs the rest of his drink, depositing the empty glass back onto the bar with a few pesos.  "Eso era bueno, gracias."

Loder leaves the bar and catches up to the others just outside.
PbP Games
The Artifact (prologue) as Dr. Henry Loder, Mayan archaeologist

jacemachine

• MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #192 on: April 15, 2009, 10:18:57 AM »
[[ Nanshork has posted that Richard is ready-- And Loder, Esien, and Sgt Kestrel have departed to collect the group's gear. What's going on with the rest of you? ]]

"Well, it seems that your gear is being looked after for you. Now, don't forget this envelope for Reggie. You need to give him this, and tell him that he is fat, otherwise he won't believe I sent you." Harrison takes another healthy swing from his amber-colored drink, while waving the envelope around in the air. "After all that is done, you guys meet me back here so we can get going together, Right?" He checks his watch. " It is just about noon. Hurry it up so we can start looking for this lost city the Nazis are after, alright? We've got between two to three days travel before we get to Orino Perro..."
« Last Edit: April 24, 2009, 09:35:06 PM by jacemachine »
Current PbP Games

jacemachine