Author Topic: The Prologue (1941) - Part I  (Read 98334 times)

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
Re: The Prologue (1941)
« Reply #140 on: April 10, 2009, 05:11:54 AM »
"Excellent; you're a great help. It would be marvelous for you to send those belongings, tarp and all, to the inn. You can't know how much my friends and I thank you." Giving him a last nod, and a handshake, Eisen exits the small building, before nodding to Richard. Picking up his pack - notably, he'd never put down the rifle, or even had to hike it back up on his shoulder - he motions for Richard to follow him. As he starts to walk away, slowly so his companion could catch up, he says without even turning to look at him, "I think we're done here; everything should have been taken care of. Lets go find the others..."

[spoiler]Eisen starts walking into town, hopefully next to Richard as opposed to far ahead of him, as per directions to the tavern.[/spoiler]

jacemachine

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • Powered by Coffee. Driven by Insanity--
    • MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #141 on: April 10, 2009, 10:54:07 AM »
[[ I'm going to say for ease of progression, and since everyone IS heading to the same location... that Richard and Eisen will have caught up to Russo...

But they're not the only ones! Dr. Loder, Max, and Sgt. Kestrel have just come up on Russo as well! (All of you are in the sprawling area known as the market, and are heading towards the same hotel.)

You may have a little catching up to do as far as relevant information to share... ]]

Traveling with Kestrel, Max, and Loder are two Guatemalan men, both with matching straw cowboy hats and red trousers. The shorter of the two is leading a horse (loaded up with Group B's personal gear).

Russo, had been looking into the crowd just before Loder came up with his greeting...
« Last Edit: April 10, 2009, 11:38:51 AM by jacemachine »
Current PbP Games
The Artifact (Prologue) as GM
[d20M] Isle Noir: Bad Karma as GM

The Good, the Bad, and the Undead, playing as Father Ezekiel Ambrose

"When the GM smiles, it's already too late." --Anonymous Doomed Gamer

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #142 on: April 10, 2009, 11:39:38 AM »
Richard nods at his erstwhile companions.
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #143 on: April 10, 2009, 11:59:22 AM »
John greets his companions as well, glad to see they appear to have made it to Santa Boca without any trouble as well.
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

jacemachine

• MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #144 on: April 10, 2009, 12:43:08 PM »
The boy approaches the now larger group. He has a smile on his face, as if he has made up his mind about something.

He says cheerfully. "I have a message to deliver to you. There is... someone who wishes to see you. Come with me, por favor." He has an urgent expression on his face.
Current PbP Games

j0lt

• Hong Kong
  • Browncoat
« Reply #145 on: April 10, 2009, 12:49:11 PM »
Dr. Loder looks at the boy. 
PbP Games
The Artifact (prologue) as Dr. Henry Loder, Mayan archaeologist

jacemachine

• MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #146 on: April 10, 2009, 12:51:43 PM »

The kid seems a bit impatient. He starts to head to the north... he stops about twenty feet away before he turns to look at the group. He waves his hand, "Come ON!"
Current PbP Games

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #147 on: April 10, 2009, 12:53:44 PM »
Richard shrugs and follows, wary of danger.
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

Tarotdragoon

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • a scarily accurate self protrait... no seriously
    • Email
« Reply #148 on: April 10, 2009, 07:10:17 PM »
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Russo greeted his companions reasonably heartily with a "Oh there you are, hope the boat journey wasn't too rough, glad to have you back Doc, it was smooth sailing for us" he nods, caught up with greeting he momentarily forgets about the trailing boy as he approaches them

The boy approaches the now larger group. He has a smile on his face, as if he has made up his mind about something.

He says cheerfully. "I have a message to deliver to you. There is... someone who wishes to see you. Come with me, por favor." He has an urgent expression on his face.

"whoh kid, slow down, who wants see us again?" he puts a hand on the doctor's chest as he goes to follow and watches the boy run off "patience doc, do you know where he's taking us?" not quite sure of what to make and more than a little paranoid Russo looks about quickly rubbernecking around,

((sense motive: 12 Spot: 14))

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

"Go Beyond The Impossible, and kick reason to the curb! That's the Die Gurren way!!"
"Whether it's laughable or irrational
This is the path that ALL great men walk!
If there's a wall in our way, we'll destroy it!
If there's no road, we'll pave it with our bear hands!
The magma in our hearts is blazing like flames!"

ORE GA DARE DA TO OMOTE YARU!!!!!!

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #149 on: April 10, 2009, 10:38:09 PM »
Only just getting to the group through the crowd of people, Eisen watches the boys leading actions, then as he speaks to the doctor slowly watches behind them, and all around while thinking. On the one hand, it could be a trap, but noone should have seen them enter without dismissing them. Then again, the dock officer had given Russo a strange look, the boy went straight to Russo, and the SS made good use of the innocent children and young girls of any locality they needed to keep eyes on. Then again, they were supposed to meet with a man being hunted by SS, so the boy might actually make some sense.

Then again, this was mostly what Eisen was hired for; espionage and anti-nazi operations. Knowing he had a loaded rifle and a handgun next to his trusty knuckles, he wasn't incredibly worried. The child didn't matter, fist or a bullet could put that traitor down; Russo had the right idea though, and Eisen noted the hurried suspicious glances of his partner as he took his own slower look around, noting the crowd, but also windows, alleys, and rooftops. The doctor could deal with the child.

[spoiler]Takes ten on both, slowly taking his time contemplating and being certain not to miss anything.
Spot: 15 vs market surroundings
Sense Motive: 18 vs child for trust[/spoiler]

jacemachine

• MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #150 on: April 11, 2009, 02:36:17 AM »
The boys eyes widen when they fall across Eisen, dressed in his German fatigues. He looks startled for a moment, then he ducks into an alley about 20 feet from you, out of sight.

Around you the Market's bazaar atmosphere of commerce and haggling continues unabated. No shots ring out, no unseen assailants lurking. A fish monger shouts loudly about his fresh merchandise. Next to him an old woman with a wrinkled face sells colorful shawls like the one she herself is wearing over her hunched form. She gives a toothless grin, waving to passers-by

That kid could be running away, and with him your chance to find out who sent him... or he could be hiding just around the corner, perhaps waiting in ambush?

« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 05:40:31 PM by jacemachine »
Current PbP Games

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #151 on: April 11, 2009, 04:10:14 AM »
'Shit. Of course the uniform had to be inconvenient at some point.' "I don't think we have much to worry about from the kid. Russo, he was coming up to you; might be a good idea to go with someone... less German, and explain things. He probably wont outrun you.

If he's connected to the contact, whom by the way is being hunted by the SS, we're going to need him. I don't want to be looking for a man who doesn't want to be found, when we could be getting a faster start."
Then remembering, he approaches Kestrel, "The dock master is having your gear sent to the Caribbean Hideaway Inn, which he thinks is a better hotel to be staying at. The other option has been primarily rented out by the German armed forces... so we should be alright. It should be there in two hours or so. Oh, and it might have a tarp full of machine guns as well, if Russo's belongings get shipped as well like I asked."
[spoiler]((Oh, yeah, hate me cause I look like a nazi!  :P ))[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 04:15:03 AM by Flay Crimsonwind »

Tarotdragoon

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • a scarily accurate self protrait... no seriously
    • Email
« Reply #152 on: April 11, 2009, 06:24:29 AM »
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Glancing down to see if the kid was still there he nods to Eisen "Ok we'll give it a shot, I'm not good with kids though" slowly he moves past the group, still keeping his eyes out for any sign of german activity (other than Eisen of course), he moves past the old woman giving her a curt nod and smiling but quickly flicking his eyes back to the kid's hiding place,
"You guys sit tight, I'll see what he wants"  moving to the alleyway he leans forward past the grubby corner looking for the boy

"Hey boy," he says trying to sound friendly but mostly failing "you still here?"

((handle animal?? lol :p))
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

"Go Beyond The Impossible, and kick reason to the curb! That's the Die Gurren way!!"
"Whether it's laughable or irrational
This is the path that ALL great men walk!
If there's a wall in our way, we'll destroy it!
If there's no road, we'll pave it with our bear hands!
The magma in our hearts is blazing like flames!"

ORE GA DARE DA TO OMOTE YARU!!!!!!

BowenSilverclaw

• Organ Grinder
  • Walking that fine line between genius and insanity
    • Email
« Reply #153 on: April 11, 2009, 08:04:59 AM »
Greeting Eisen, John replies "Thanks for taking care of that, I appreciate it. We had decided on the Caribbean Hideaway Inn as well, seeing as the Jag' & Wolf is being commandeered by the SS."

He then eyes his surroundings looking for anything suspicious.

[spoiler]Spot: 26[/spoiler]

Content to see there seems to be nothing suspicious going on he waits for Russo to catch up with the boy to find out what this is all about.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2009, 12:16:58 PM by BowenSilverclaw »
"Weakness? Come test thy mettle against me, hairless ape, and we shall know who is weak!"

Quote from: J0lt
You caught a fish.  It was awesome.   :lol

jacemachine