Author Topic: The Prologue (1941) - Part I  (Read 98332 times)

Tarotdragoon

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • a scarily accurate self protrait... no seriously
    • Email
Re: The Prologue (1941)
« Reply #120 on: April 04, 2009, 06:11:13 PM »
[spoiler][/spoiler]

"spit on me?" Russo steps back "well don't you worry about that I'm more than used to being sat on, usually with nice fist sized bullets than gizzard juice though" he adds under his breath

he follows Eisen for a bit dodging around the carts and baskets and deckhands thinking about how to make himself useful, while he didn't want to loose Eisen or Richard (the german was sure useful for those tight spots with other less savory germans, and that rifle of Richard's.... well that rifle...) he was also running what the hispanic man had said through about the inns, he wondered if the man was on the level...

"Eisen" he said, "I just want to go check around town, perhaps meet up with the others, that man said he may have a guide for us, I would prefer it if we knew how far the Nazi had got in their search but I don't speak German" he shrugged "also I have something in the luggage I might need you to pick up for me if I'm not back in an hour, It's a couple of machine guns, wrapped in a cream tarp, used to be bolted to my plane, kinda precious to me for some reason... can't think why"
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

"Go Beyond The Impossible, and kick reason to the curb! That's the Die Gurren way!!"
"Whether it's laughable or irrational
This is the path that ALL great men walk!
If there's a wall in our way, we'll destroy it!
If there's no road, we'll pave it with our bear hands!
The magma in our hearts is blazing like flames!"

ORE GA DARE DA TO OMOTE YARU!!!!!!

jacemachine

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • Powered by Coffee. Driven by Insanity--
    • MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #121 on: April 05, 2009, 03:04:33 AM »
"Right. I suppose I'll be staying here then while Eisen goes inside to handle this." Richard said. "Where are you off to, Russo? Would you like us to try to meet you somewhere if this takes quicker than expected?"

[[ So rather than splitting the party into thirds, we will keep it to two threads of game play. As it stands, Eisen is heading into the the Dock Master's office <location #3>. And Russo will need to declare a target location to head for. If you've been posting in this thread, keep doing so. Once Dr. Loder, Sgt Kestrel, and Max Hawkins are located, they will once again resume posting in this main thread.]]
Current PbP Games
The Artifact (Prologue) as GM
[d20M] Isle Noir: Bad Karma as GM

The Good, the Bad, and the Undead, playing as Father Ezekiel Ambrose

"When the GM smiles, it's already too late." --Anonymous Doomed Gamer

jacemachine

• MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #122 on: April 05, 2009, 09:23:22 PM »
Eisen takes his leave and makes his way towards the building. Dodging five goats and their owner. They ba-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah angrily at his passage.

The door is wide open. Looking in he sees.

[spoiler]The Office is a really just a benched waiting room with a desk. It is dusty and dry. There is a rusting fan blowing air at a sweating over-weight Guatemalan man. He sits in a wooden chair. Behind him the wall is lined with filing cabinets in various shapes of repair. The room smells of old socks and bananas, oddly.

There is a bulletin board on the wall near the entrance, quite a number of messages in a variety of languages are tacked into place. "Well, how about it?" Richard inquires dryly to Russo.
Current PbP Games

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #123 on: April 06, 2009, 03:15:32 AM »
[spoiler]Takes 20 on a spot check to examine the board, Spot: 25 to examine board.[/spoiler]

Eisen ignores the old man, unable to communicate anyways, and stops for a second outside the room. He takes note of the people in the room. SS? There WAS something here very important to Hitler, the greasy lard-bucket traitorous hog. Loyal men to Hitler; if it had been Eisen on his own, he'd have walked outside, torched the building, and shot any who exited, he can stand soldiers of Germany embroiled in the conflict, but not those "loyal" pigs! In any case, it was time to get moving. Taking the envelope out of his pocket, he opens it to examine the contents; looking for anything that might make the SS officer suspicious.

Upon seeing it's content, he steps into the room, curiously examining the board of messages. Once finished, he turns around to give each man inside a good look, and walks to the desk with a polite nod to anyone who cares to look at him. Stepping to the desk, he hands over the list of equipment, the cash, and the note. He has no idea if he's being ripped off, but he doesn't so much care; hopefully Kestrel knew what he was doing.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 04:16:44 PM by Flay Crimsonwind »

jacemachine

• MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #124 on: April 06, 2009, 10:41:48 AM »
[[ Historically speaking, the SS were in charge of Hitler's archaeological investigations! http://greyfalcon.us/Ahnenerbe.htm
]]

[spoiler= Eisen & the Envelope]
It's a good thing you checked the envelope.

This is the white envelope that Wilkes handed to Sgt Kestrel on the deck. On it's front it reads in ink: Dockmaster. It is thick, roughly an inch, possibly more.

Inside the envelope you immediately notice that there is a thick wad of cash. Guatemalan currency mostly, but some of the bills are from neighboring British Honduras. You aren't quite sure of the conversion but you think that this is enough to feed a small family for a month.

There is also the claim slip for your party's cargo and a and a handwritten note to the Dockmaster. In English it simply says: Per our previous arrangement. Gracias.

[[ Let me know if you do anything different! Also, I will have to wait to give you the contents of the board. It is located inside and it requires that spot to be made from close inspection. :) ]]
[/spoiler]

MEANWHILE...

Richard gives Russo a hard look. "Well?" He looked around to see if perhaps Russo's attention had been snatched away by the sight of a pretty girl.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 11:01:15 AM by jacemachine »
Current PbP Games

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #125 on: April 06, 2009, 04:12:43 PM »
[spoiler]AH! Thought I might wanna check. Editing the last post, I'll just cut the irrelevant text with the talking to the dock master, and make the spot check inside.[/spoiler]

Tarotdragoon

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • a scarily accurate self protrait... no seriously
    • Email
« Reply #126 on: April 07, 2009, 12:01:50 AM »
[spoiler] [/spoiler]

((spot: 23))

Russo shields his eyes from the glare of the sun and casts a sharp eye about his surroundings, ignoring the goats (and the smell of said creatures) and looking hard at the town

"I'm still considering, the others should be around the town by now right? I'll try and meet up with them, if I'm not back within an hour or if you get bored" he smirks "come look for me at the Ciudad de Perros tavern"
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

"Go Beyond The Impossible, and kick reason to the curb! That's the Die Gurren way!!"
"Whether it's laughable or irrational
This is the path that ALL great men walk!
If there's a wall in our way, we'll destroy it!
If there's no road, we'll pave it with our bear hands!
The magma in our hearts is blazing like flames!"

ORE GA DARE DA TO OMOTE YARU!!!!!!

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #127 on: April 07, 2009, 12:16:29 AM »
Richard nods. "Alright."
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

jacemachine

• MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #128 on: April 07, 2009, 10:59:20 PM »
[spoiler= Eisen and the Dockmaster.]
The sweaty man looks up at you, as you step up to his desk. Behind you two more people have stepped into line. The men preceding you having finished their business and left. The Nazi with the TIME magazine looks bored. He gives you a brief nod as he catches your eye.

<Location #3> and the docks. At the moment. Eisen has left you and Russo, and has entered the . He is currently out of sight.

A shepherd with 5 goats passes by you, muttering in Spanish about the rudeness of the Germans. (This is the same man who Eisen had nearly had a collision with a few posts earlier.)Dock workers busy themselves around you.[/spoiler]
Current PbP Games

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #129 on: April 08, 2009, 12:14:14 AM »
Richard gets bored and examines the bulletin board next to the Dock Master's office.

[spoiler]
Spot: 33

Woo, natural 20, if only they auto-succeeded on skill checks!
[/spoiler]
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #130 on: April 08, 2009, 05:33:41 AM »
He offers.
Thinking for a second, it occurs to Eisen that he has no idea what he was supposed to do after he'd gotten the envelope delivered. He turns; Richard talked to Russo longer; he might know something. "Thank you for hat offer, and I'll gladly accept it. Give me a moment to speak with my companion, so I can give you a decent location. I might have to wait a bit for another companion to tell us where we're staying, but I'm grateful for the help. Back in a moment."

While leaving, he moves over to the board, inspecting it for a second*. Meeting Richard at the door, he asks in a bit of a hushed voice, nothing too conspicuous, "The dock master's willing to get the cargo into town for us. Any place you can think of? We don't know what inn we'll be staying in, so that isn't really an option. Should we just wait for Russo or someone to come find us? Somehow that seems a bit anti-productive... in either case, it'll take anywhere between one to three hours to get the cargo. Russo should be back by then, but... well, we ought to have a second idea, just in case he gets distracted..."

[spoiler=*]Does my previous spot count work, or should I roll a new one?[/spoiler]

jacemachine