Author Topic: The Prologue (1941) - Part I  (Read 98341 times)

jacemachine

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • Powered by Coffee. Driven by Insanity--
    • MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
Re: The Prologue (1941)
« Reply #100 on: March 30, 2009, 09:42:36 AM »
"FanTAStic!" the man says in thanks. "My name is Carlos Garcia. MUCHOS gracias, mi amigo. Is this your first time to Beautiful Puerta de Santa Boca?"

Finally other passengers come back up to the deck. Carlos glances towards them, but stays put at his place along the rail next to Russo. He takes a long drag from his smoke, and exhales in satisfaction.

Steam whistles belt out the impending arrival of the ship. "Looks like it won't be long now." Carlos says, making small talk. "Alright a promise is a promise...

"Safari-hat guy is here because he's heard the legends of the jungle beast 'el Abuelo', and he's here to punch it's ticket.

"Mr. No-Smokes is here because his heart has been recently broken and he has come to Santa Boca to get away from his troubles.

"And you El Signor, have come to Santa Boca because you have heard of how beautiful our women are. Oh! I can't wait to get back home!"
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 01:12:55 PM by jacemachine »
Current PbP Games
The Artifact (Prologue) as GM
[d20M] Isle Noir: Bad Karma as GM

The Good, the Bad, and the Undead, playing as Father Ezekiel Ambrose

"When the GM smiles, it's already too late." --Anonymous Doomed Gamer

Tarotdragoon

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • a scarily accurate self protrait... no seriously
    • Email
« Reply #101 on: March 30, 2009, 12:24:35 PM »
[spoiler][/spoiler]

"HA HA!" Russo bleats out a huge false laugh taking out a cigarette from his pocket putting it in his mouth but not smoking it,

"You Signor have a sharp eye and a sharp wit my friend"

((Bluff check 18))

"It is indeed my first time here and you struck the nail firmly on the head, he-" Russo nods at Richard "is indeed after something in that hot steamy jungle of yours over that way" he gestures vaguely with his arm, relaxing on the rail with the Haitian "maybe the famed 'el Abuelo' maybe not. My German friend here, well I don't like to pry, but we are both here to sample the local air so to speak, I however am  looking for something a bit more hot and steamy than the jungle HA HA HA!" he doubles in phony laughter once more nudging the Hispanic man in the arm cajolingly in the sort of good humor that can only be shared between men,
he slows his laughter and shuffles the map into his hands again

"tell me friend," he says pointing to Santa Boca on the map and the little pencil mark, still smiling "you know any local short cuts or directions to this place? I hear there is something there worth sampling" he smirks in a dirty sort of way glancing at the local awaiting a response.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 12:29:40 PM by Tarotdragoon »
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

"Go Beyond The Impossible, and kick reason to the curb! That's the Die Gurren way!!"
"Whether it's laughable or irrational
This is the path that ALL great men walk!
If there's a wall in our way, we'll destroy it!
If there's no road, we'll pave it with our bear hands!
The magma in our hearts is blazing like flames!"

ORE GA DARE DA TO OMOTE YARU!!!!!!

jacemachine

• MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #102 on: March 30, 2009, 01:09:22 PM »
"Short cut? I can do one better! I know the best guide in town!" He says beaming proudly. "I can introduce you to him if you'd like. He's my brother. He can get you to Orino Perro. No problem!" He changes the subject, "...and if you are going to be in town long, I suggest that you stay at the 'Caribbean Hideaway Inn' it's right next to the 'Ciudad de Perros Tavern'. A lot of sailors stay there, and you'll see why when you get there." He says with a gleam in his eye. He takes another drag on his smoke.

"I can either show you when we get to town, or I can meet you there later. I have some errands I need to run before I even get a chance to go home. It's Market this weekend you know!" He says.

[[ Russo: Success! If he thinks that you are Bluffing, he seems to give no indication. ]]
« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 01:20:55 PM by jacemachine »
Current PbP Games

Tarotdragoon

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #103 on: March 30, 2009, 03:45:19 PM »
[spoiler][/spoiler]

"A guide? and your brother no less, Signor! you do us too much kindness, let me just talk to my compatriots"

he pushes off the bar leaving the dark bearded hispanic man to his cigarette and called over Eisen and Richard

"oi! noi possa dipenda su questo uomo?"

« Last Edit: March 30, 2009, 04:43:42 PM by Tarotdragoon »
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

"Go Beyond The Impossible, and kick reason to the curb! That's the Die Gurren way!!"

jacemachine

• MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #104 on: March 31, 2009, 02:55:51 AM »
Carlos calls after you."Amigo! You do not have to decide now. I'm just giving you suggestions. If you are still in town tonight, drop by 'Ciudad de Perros Tavern'. I will by you and your friends a round!  I am meeting my brother there for a few cervezas and to watch the fights. My dame will be joining us. I can see if she wants to bring along friends. " He turns and goes towards the other passengers, the he calls back again over his shoulder, "Thanks again for the light! Maybe I'll see you guys later!"

He is greeted back amongst a group of passengers. A set of four. Two women and two men. He shakes hands with the men and gives the women warm hugs. Soon they are talking rapidly in what seems like Spanish, but they are too far to hear. Only snippets of conversation blow in your direction with the breeze every now and  again.

Richard stares towards the port. The town of Santa Boca sprawling out across low hills that eventually give up and become mountains.

The town looks haphazard. with paved roads and buildings at odd angles with one another. The majority of roofs appear to be the red clay Spanish shingles. But every so after thatched huts rise up amongst the crumbling colonial style buildings. And... no Swastikas could be seen flying over the town. That was always a good sign.

The streets and paths in the city are filled with travelers. Men, women, and children in bright colors and patterns. Horses, mules, and carts of all sizes and shapes move through the congested streets. You can see the center of town from your height on the ships deck.  The Market that Carlos had mentioned. It took up that entire section of town. Shops of every shape and size were set up for business. Tents, stands, blankets, carts... if it could be used as a surface to sell something, it was. Various fruit vendors could be easily seen, but everything else was indistinct. It would be something to check out in person.

The Steam whistle blows again in succession. *TOOOOOOOT! TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT!*
The 'Kingston Queen' has just docked. A gangplank is set up between the deck and the dock.

[[ I need everyone to give me a SPOT check please. ]]

« Last Edit: April 02, 2009, 01:42:51 PM by jacemachine »
Current PbP Games

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #105 on: March 31, 2009, 03:54:46 AM »
[spoiler]"Mr. No-Smokes is here because his heart has been recently broken and he has come to Santa Boca to get away from his troubles."[/spoiler]

'Mr. No Smokes? Broken heart?' Eisen thought to himself, chuckling inwardly as it was said. Not quite a broken heart. Maybe for country and honor, maybe, but somehow that's not the impression he was getting. He let Russo talk through this one; he seemed to have found his compatriot's useful characteristic. Smiling to himself, he just takes deep breaths of the cool air, letting his lungs fill with the air, not quite as clean as he'd hoped.

That's when he notices the ship docking. Neatly folding the paper of John's belongings into his fatigues pocket, he turns to make his way to the gangway, seemingly waiting for his fellows.

[spoiler=Spot Check]Spot Check: 25 (natural 20!) upon entering port.[/spoiler]

jacemachine

• MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #106 on: March 31, 2009, 07:21:11 PM »
[spoiler][[ I'm waiting on Russo to do a Spot then I will continue. ]][/spoiler]
Current PbP Games

jacemachine

• MySpace, not yours.
    • Email
« Reply #107 on: April 01, 2009, 02:39:38 AM »
The passengers on deck are directed by the crew to form a line, as a long gang plank is raised to the ship's deck. Carlos and his group have entered the line and have begun to move down the gangplank. But progress is slow.

You find yourselves next to Richard towards the back of the line. You are still on the deck of the ship, only five of the passengers besides yourselves remain at the top of the gangplank.

[[ Eisen, feel free to post in the meantime if you wish to add anything after receiving that PM in your mailbox. ]]
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 02:56:58 AM by jacemachine »
Current PbP Games

Tarotdragoon

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #108 on: April 01, 2009, 07:51:25 AM »
[spoiler][/spoiler]

((spot: 7 dear god that was awful))

Not impressed at all with being ignored Russo cast a quick glance around the deck and over the side before walking over to Eisen and Richard as the moved to get down the gangplank, he looked back to the still smoking man he turned back,

"hey you two! this could be important! this guy-" he jerks a thumb over his shoulder "-says he can get us a guide, I'm not sure If we should trust him, he seems on the level... maybe this ride is just making me paranoid but for all we know he could be an informant"
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 01:17:50 PM by Tarotdragoon »
[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

jacemachine