Author Topic: Talkin' like its 1759! (OoC)  (Read 28730 times)

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
Re: Talkin' like its 1759! (OoC)
« Reply #100 on: May 30, 2011, 09:12:59 AM »
Possibly. I don't know if the Outer Banks would be a great place to look (most of those locations would also be pretty small), but it's worth a shot.

Also, I have something up for a background.

PipTheBlue

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #101 on: May 30, 2011, 09:49:38 AM »
Do characters receive additional languages according to their starting Int modifier just like in 3.5? Couldn't find it in the SRD.

Also: how big is the town we're starting in (Wlimington or whatever you decide)?

Also also: background is roaming between my documents, waiting for the final touch.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2011, 05:56:59 PM by PipTheBlue »

bhu

• Organ Grinder
  • Convincing the rich whale fat enemas are healthy
« Reply #102 on: May 30, 2011, 06:00:51 PM »
Possibly. I don't know if the Outer Banks would be a great place to look (most of those locations would also be pretty small), but it's worth a shot.

Also, I have something up for a background.

I was hoping for a large coastal city.  Wilmington will be one eventually, but right now it's a hick town.

ALso, you guys may wish to mention in your background how you know each other

Also, much like the rest of humanity you probably don't believe in monsters unless you're superstitious

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #103 on: May 31, 2011, 04:10:43 AM »
Yes, he can speak German, unless that's an issue, in which case I can make an incredibly valid reason why he's forgotten it.

Anyone got an idea how we know each other, aside from seeing people around town? Only cause I don't yet know each other's backgrounds. Robert and I could very easily know each other through our mutual obsession with superstitious reading.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2011, 04:17:45 AM by Flay Crimsonwind »

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #104 on: May 31, 2011, 06:22:52 AM »
Do characters receive additional languages according to their starting Int modifier just like in 3.5? Couldn't find it in the SRD.

Also: how big is the town we're starting in (Wlimington or whatever you decide)?

Also also: background is roaming between my documents, waiting for the final touch.

You automatically speak your native language, additional languages are 1 point each.  You also know how to read/write your native language, each additional one is another point.

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #105 on: June 03, 2011, 06:40:23 AM »
Would Boston be an okay setting?

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #106 on: June 03, 2011, 05:56:58 PM »
Would Boston be an okay setting?

Yeah, I suppose, but if we spoke our native tongue only, we'd have to take a skill point for Speak Language: English.  :drums :sofa

Seriously though, Boston would be fine.

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #107 on: June 03, 2011, 06:03:28 PM »
Boston's fine with me.

PipTheBlue

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #108 on: June 04, 2011, 05:51:18 AM »
Fits perfectly into my background, so Boston has my vote.

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #109 on: June 04, 2011, 06:20:41 AM »
lemme replace the links in the info section then

Optionally we could also do NY or Philadelphia
« Last Edit: June 04, 2011, 06:55:52 AM by bhu »

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #110 on: June 04, 2011, 03:17:34 PM »
So with the change in location, we'd be more likely to know of the announcement. Works for me.

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #111 on: June 05, 2011, 06:28:20 AM »
each of the locations has advantages and drawbacks

boston i have a map for, and is somewhat british free, but it's overrun with religious zealots.

philadelphia i sort of have a map for, tis the largest city at the time with much invention taking place, and theres less of a british presence i think

NY is ground zero for lack of a better term as much of the city is destroyed by fire, and there will be many leftover marooned british forces fighting over the spoils.  in fact it might be their only beachhead left in the new world with their fleets gone (in out time the british didnt leave till 1783).

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #112 on: June 06, 2011, 06:52:11 AM »
Pip and Arcangel I still need character bios for you.

I'm edging towards Philadelphia.  It's a port city like i wanted, you wont be in the immediate shit like you would be in NY, and you wouldn't have bitter religious nutcases like you would in Boston.  Anyone have objections?

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #113 on: June 06, 2011, 07:11:44 AM »
I have neither objections nor jokes to make.

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #114 on: June 06, 2011, 11:28:50 AM »
I pretty much have my bio in my head right now I'll try and get it written up ASAP. I likely won't be able to post it until tomorrow night though, going to New Orleans this afternoon and won't be back until then. On the bright side the kiddo is getting to see the Aquarium there before her doctor's appointment.
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #115 on: June 06, 2011, 08:06:48 PM »
I pretty much have my bio in my head right now I'll try and get it written up ASAP. I likely won't be able to post it until tomorrow night though, going to New Orleans this afternoon and won't be back until then. On the bright side the kiddo is getting to see the Aquarium there before her doctor's appointment.
Awww! Well good luck to her!

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #116 on: June 08, 2011, 02:11:42 PM »
Awww! Well good luck to her!
Well the appointment went great, they are starting to ween her off of her feeding pump. The aquarium was a bit overwhelming for her though, with a couple of hundred kids there for summer programs running around screaming it was almost too much for me too.
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #117 on: June 08, 2011, 06:00:05 PM »
was it fun at least?  See any of the more disturbing sea critters?

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #118 on: June 08, 2011, 06:55:27 PM »
was it fun at least?  See any of the more disturbing sea critters?

It was ok. I was disappointed that she couldn't enjoy it with the bright eyed wonder she has for most things. The most disturbing thing there is their lack of understanding of geography. They have a room on frogs and one of the cities here has an annual frog festival, they marked this city as being 2 hours away on the interstate. Except it is actually about 4 hours away, google maps wants to contradict me and say 2.5 but I live closer than that and can barely make it in less than 3 hours speeding and not taking rest stops.

bhu

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #119 on: June 10, 2011, 06:31:54 AM »
Am now auditing links in campaign info to reflect new location/