Author Topic: Ask a Simple Question part 19: Titan-Bloodline Pixie Ubercharger edition  (Read 138431 times)

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
Re: Ask a Simple Question part 19: Titan-Bloodline Pixie Ubercharger edition
« Reply #800 on: November 16, 2010, 10:46:36 PM »
Yep.  Just as normal.

This seems annoying.  The thing from Eberron would be good but you have to be an elf.  Not familiar with the dragon magazine thing.  I guess I am teh screwed.
No kalamar material allowed?  Skill prodigy is a good choice.

Might work depending on how my stats work out, but the book I found seems 3.0.  Is that the newest one?  I found it in Kalamar Players Guide or something.
I believe the feat is unchanged in the 3.5 revision.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

bearsarebrown

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #801 on: November 16, 2010, 10:46:47 PM »
Q247 Would a multi-class character with two spell lists that enters into the Sand Shaper prestige class, gain the desert insight spells to both spell known list or just one of the classes spells known. What if one side was a divine caster(ie. Favored Soul)?
Bump, because almost no one reads the page before the last.
The writers clearly didn't expect this type of interaction. This is one of those "ask your DM" questions because the text is completely silent on the issue. I'd say all lists but that's just me.

muhammed

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #802 on: November 16, 2010, 11:19:45 PM »
Q254 (fallow up to 253) Is there a bard alt class ability that lets you add Wiz/Sor spells from a short list of schools?

Hitoshura

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
« Reply #803 on: November 16, 2010, 11:38:40 PM »
Q255 - How does a Wild Armor Works exactly? Does it Keep Maximum Dexterity Penalty? What about other enchantments? Say a Soulfire Wild Armor, for example, would it still be Soulfire while Wild Shaping?

Havok4

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • It can only be attributable to human error.
« Reply #804 on: November 16, 2010, 11:55:52 PM »
Q255 - How does a Wild Armor Works exactly? Does it Keep Maximum Dexterity Penalty? What about other enchantments? Say a Soulfire Wild Armor, for example, would it still be Soulfire while Wild Shaping?

You just get the armor bonus and nothing else from the armor when wild shaped. So no max dex and the other enchantments are not functional.

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Thread Necromancy a Specialty
« Reply #805 on: November 17, 2010, 12:10:10 AM »
Q256: How does the Blood Magus' ability to create potions in his blood and an Alchemical Savant's Brew Spellvial abilities interact?
[spoiler]Fighter: "I can kill a guy in one turn."
Cleric: "I can kill a guy in half a turn."
Wizard: "I can kill a guy before my turn."
Bard: "I can get three idiots to kill guys for me."

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.
probably over on "Off-topic".
might want to put a little disclaimer in the first post.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing

shaikujin

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #806 on: November 17, 2010, 12:30:18 AM »
A couple of quetions...

Q214
I can buy off the 2 ECL for a Mercury dragon wyrmling at lvl 6 and lvl 9. If I pick up more dragon HD to advance to the next category (young category increases the ECL from 2 to 3), at what level can I buy off this new ECL?

Q215
What are the ways to increase the Mercury dragon's size to "Large" category so that it can serve as a mount for a medium sized humanoid?
So far I've come up with using Fleshwarper's Aberrant familiar's "Size increase attribute" plus familiar mount. Is there something simpler like a low LA template to can increase the size category (something like the drider template)?

Q216
Sorcerer levels stack with the spell casting ability of Dragons. As Sublime Chord spellcasting work like sorcerers', do dragon spellcasting stack with Sublime Chord? Trying to gain a faster spell casting progression.

Thx!

Bumpity bump, any help is appreciated

Sobolev

• Donkey Kong
« Reply #807 on: November 17, 2010, 12:31:08 AM »
Yep.  Just as normal.

This seems annoying.  The thing from Eberron would be good but you have to be an elf.  Not familiar with the dragon magazine thing.  I guess I am teh screwed.
No kalamar material allowed?  Skill prodigy is a good choice.

Might work depending on how my stats work out, but the book I found seems 3.0.  Is that the newest one?  I found it in Kalamar Players Guide or something.
I believe the feat is unchanged in the 3.5 revision.

Q257:Do you know what book that might be in?
Sha'ir Handbook
Binder Handbook

Quote from: Negative Zero on November 04, 2009, 02:16:14 AM
In my humble opinion, CO is haberdashery. Some say we're mad, but we can all agree we're hatters. Yes, we have potential to make very sophisticated hats, very fancy hats, be they dark or light. But the truth is that the color of the hat does not come from the group of us - our community doesn't directly produce hats. We simply give average head circumferences, list current fashion trends, and point out some shiny, obscure baubles to add to the latest hat line.

carnivore

• Grape ape
« Reply #808 on: November 17, 2010, 12:39:25 AM »
Q247 Would a multi-class character with two spell lists that enters into the Sand Shaper prestige class, gain the desert insight spells to both spell known list or just one of the classes spells known. What if one side was a divine caster(ie. Favored Soul)?
A247
Although Arcane Caster level is required to qualify for entry to the PrC, the class ability does not limit how many spellcasting classes can benifit ... thus all gain the benifit of this class feature .... an interesting entry might be:

Chaotic Neutral
Warlock 1/ Favored Soul 5/ Eldritch Theurge 5/ Sandshaper 10 .... boosting Warlock abilities, and Spells Known for Favored Soul

another fun one might be this:
Favored Soul 2/ Warmage 1/ Mystic Theurge 7/ Sandshaper 10 .... would be great, since both Favored Soul and Warmage would get a Boost to Spells Known

:D

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #809 on: November 17, 2010, 12:43:38 AM »
A214: No you can't, only class levels count, not racial HD
A216: Nope.  Not sorcerer casting.
Planetouched Handbook

carnivore

• Grape ape
« Reply #810 on: November 17, 2010, 12:43:42 AM »
Q214
I can buy off the 2 ECL for a Mercury dragon wyrmling at lvl 6 and lvl 9. If I pick up more dragon HD to advance to the next category (young category increases the ECL from 2 to 3), at what level can I buy off this new ECL?

A214
No .... you can Buy off LA, not HD or ECL ...... LA+HD+class levels = ECL

Q216
Sorcerer levels stack with the spell casting ability of Dragons. As Sublime Chord spellcasting work like sorcerers', do dragon spellcasting stack with Sublime Chord? Trying to gain a faster spell casting progression.

A216
No

ksbsnowowl

• Grape ape
  • Wishing I was a raging Norseman
« Reply #811 on: November 17, 2010, 01:18:38 AM »
Q 257: The Sugliin weapon from Frostburn states "this weapon is so unwieldy and heavy that making a single attack with it is a full-round action."

Charging is a special full-round action that allows you to move up to twice your speed and attack during the action.

Can someone without the Sugliin Mastery feat charge with a Sugliin, or does the extended attack time prevent this?
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

KSB Snow Owl's Archer Build thread

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #812 on: November 17, 2010, 01:34:17 AM »
Q 258 I just read this...

There is a feat called Custom Domain from Dragon Magazine that lets you change the spells on your domain list.  There is also another spell around that lets you switch your domains when you cast the spell and it lasts for days.

Sources?
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

wotmaniac

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Emperor's Enforcer
« Reply #813 on: November 17, 2010, 01:41:31 AM »
Q259
a
Is there anything keeping me from casting 2 Time Stops in a round (assuming proper metamagic shenanigans, of course)?

b
Like unto the first -- is there any issue with casting multiple Time Stops within a Time Stop?

Q260
Does the effect of Extend Spell also apply to Delay Spell?
I.E., can Extend Spell let you Delay a spell for 10 rounds?

Thanks.

[spoiler]
If you stop ignoring 289 pages telling what the intent is to stretch "more power" in your own god complexion of your interpretation trumps all to cover ability adjustments from aging then I will ignore a quarter page of rules that exist within a sidebar.
I think in this case the grammar is less important than whether the Str and Dex bonus provided to your created undead scales.

Greenbound Summoning RAI
Expanded Gestalt
More Savage Progressions[/spoiler]
Report any wrongs I have done here.

Maat_Mons

• Hong Kong
  • What is a smile but a grimace of happiness?
« Reply #814 on: November 17, 2010, 01:42:32 AM »
Q 246: What school should a magical air freshener fall under?

Dance of the unicorn is abjuration. 

You just get the armor bonus and nothing else from the armor when wild shaped. So no max dex and the other enchantments are not functional.

Beastskin armor would let you have soulfire while wild shaping. 

Q 258 I just read this...
There is a feat called Custom Domain from Dragon Magazine that lets you change the spells on your domain list.  There is also another spell around that lets you switch your domains when you cast the spell and it lasts for days.
Sources?

Customize domain is from Dragon 325.  Substitute domain is from Complete Champion. 

RelentlessImp

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #815 on: November 17, 2010, 03:08:16 AM »
Q259
a
Is there anything keeping me from casting 2 Time Stops in a round (assuming proper metamagic shenanigans, of course)?

b
Like unto the first -- is there any issue with casting multiple Time Stops within a Time Stop?

Buffer overflow error. Please reboot universe.

Q261 Has anyone ever figured the total amount of spellbook pages it would take to contain every Sorcerer/Wizard spell printed?
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 03:15:34 AM by RelentlessImp »
Solo on Essentials
I prepared irresistible phantasmal killer today... as a 4th level spell.
"He hit me with a flaming garbage can...and then the god damn hobo next to it!"

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #816 on: November 17, 2010, 03:33:58 AM »
Q259
a

b

Q260
Does the effect of Extend Spell also apply to Delay Spell?
I.E., can Extend Spell let you Delay a spell for 10 rounds?

Thanks.
A259
Quote from: Ask wizards stumpers
12. Andre asks, Several friends and I are having a discussion about casting time stop in a time stop. Can you do it, and will it have any effect?

Casting time stop within an existing time stop only gives you extended duration if the duration roll of the second time stop exceeds that of the first time stop. To give an example, if you cast time stop, and you roll 3 rounds as the duration, then you cast another time stop within the first, rolling, say, 4 rounds of duration, you are granted one additional round within the original time stop. Further castings would have no effect unless you rolled greater than 4 rounds of duration, i.e. 5 rounds (the maximum), in which case you would have one additional round of apparent time within the original casting's effect.

A260: No.
Planetouched Handbook

shaikujin

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #817 on: November 17, 2010, 03:45:21 AM »
Q214

A214
No .... you can Buy off LA, not HD or ECL ...... LA+HD+class levels = ECL

Q216

A216
No

A214: No you can't, only class levels count, not racial HD
A216: Nope.  Not sorcerer casting.

Regarding 214, apologies, bad choice of words. I meant the 2 LA for playing a wyrmling Mercury Dragon and the 3 LA from being a very young Mercury Dragon. Didn't mean buying off the racial HD.

How i understand it is that:
1) if I start playing as a wyrmling Mercury dragon, I have 3 racial HD, plus an LA of 2 (ECL 5).

2) I pick up 6 levels of sorceror (ECL 11), now I can buyoff 1 of my 2 LA (ECL 10).

3) I pick up 3 more levels of sorceror (ECL 13), now I can buy off my remaining LA (ECL 12). I now have 3 Racial HD, plus 9 sorceror levels.

4) Next, I pick up 3 more dragon HD, which bumps me up to the next size category (from wyrmling to very young). Since a Mercury Dragon wyrmling has an LA of 2, and a very young Mercury Dragon has an LA of 3, I need to increase my LA by 1 right? 6 racial HD, 9 sorceror levels, 1 LA (ECL 15).

5) Can I
a - buy off that 1 LA immediately? I'm a level 9 sorceror, so I am eligible to buy off 1 LA right?
b - Or do I need to wait until I gain 3 more sorceror levels (ie 12 sorceror levels)?

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #818 on: November 17, 2010, 03:49:44 AM »
I'm thinking Sorcerer levels, since it hasn't been at least 3 actual class levels since your last buyoff.

cru

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #819 on: November 17, 2010, 04:28:41 AM »
A214 Basically, the LA buyback mechanics did not intend this, you should work with your DM.