Author Topic: Ask a Simple Question, Get a simple answer  (Read 344204 times)

CannibalSmith

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
    • COBoard Wiki
    • Email
Re: Ask a Simple Question, Get a simple answer
« Reply #200 on: June 10, 2008, 05:17:05 AM »
Q71: If I overlap two Entangle spells, do the victims have to save twice every round? What about Walls of Fire? Grease? Hold Person? Does the victim have to get two "act normally" results in row on Insanity table to act normally of he's affected by two overlapping Insanity spells?

Q72: Poison stacks with itself, right? If you get stabbed with a poisoned knife three times, you save three times now and three times a minute later. What about disease? What happens when you get sneezed on three times? What if you catch three different diseases?

ksbsnowowl

• Grape ape
  • Wishing I was a raging Norseman
« Reply #201 on: June 10, 2008, 09:24:54 AM »
Q73:  The psionic power Energy Wall
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 09:26:37 AM by ksbsnowowl »
The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

KSB Snow Owl's Archer Build thread

Irthos Levethix

• Donkey Kong
  • We're all a little mad here
    • Email
« Reply #202 on: June 10, 2008, 09:44:19 AM »
Power Resistance: No
Electricity: Manifesting a sheet of this energy type provides a +2 bonus to the save DC and a +2 bonus on manifester level checks for the purpose of overcoming power resistance.       

LoL...anyway,
A73:  I would say that, in your first example of them charging through, they take damage in each increment, for the purposes of energy resistances and whatnot, ie (1d6)+x, then (2d6)+x, and then 2d6+x again.  Does that make sense?  The reverse would happen if you manifested it on top of a creature, and it ran through the energy waves.  As far as how often they would take it..... I dunno.  Seems reasonable to say that if they're still in the area, then at the start of their turn they take dmg.

P.S. I always like throwing up the ring of energy, focused inwards, and then throwing down Evard's Black Tentacles inside the ring.  Good times.
Run, my pretty little chunks of XP!! - Belkar Bitterleaf

92% Tactician 83% Method Actor 75% Min/Maxer         Thats 250% of Gamer, bitches!

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
  • Aistii valoa auttavasti
    • Email
« Reply #203 on: June 10, 2008, 09:33:04 PM »
Q74: If a character does a mounted charge, does the mount get the benefits and penalties of charging as well?

Handy Links

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #204 on: June 11, 2008, 02:23:42 AM »
A74.
Quote from: SRD
If your mount charges, you also take the AC penalty associated with a charge. If you make an attack at the end of the charge, you receive the bonus gained from the charge. When charging on horseback, you deal double damage with a lance (see Charge).

The bolded section implies that you both take the penalty. You both also get to make an attack. :D
The cake is a lie.
Need to play table top? Get your game on at:
Brilliant Gameologists' PbP Forum. Do it, you know you want to.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
The 13th Guard - An alternate history campaign idea.
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

Mister_Sinister

• King Kong
  • For some people, four walls are three too many.
    • Email
« Reply #205 on: June 11, 2008, 03:43:23 AM »
Q:75

Can you combine Ride-by Attack with a charge?

Everything I learned about DnD I learned from Frank Trollman at The Gaming Den... but nowadays, my work space is the New DnD Wiki.

Check them both out!

Ieniemienie

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #206 on: June 11, 2008, 04:25:41 AM »
Q:75

Can you combine Ride-by Attack with a charge?
No; when you charge the attack is made at the end of your movement, not in the middle. Consider having pounce; then you cannot move after the charge as well
'DnD is not a game; it is a membership in a tribe that I joined long ago.'

Stupidity should be painful!

pfooti

• Bi-Curious George
  • Pants are for Suckers
    • /castrandom - even we don't know what it's about
    • Email
« Reply #207 on: June 11, 2008, 04:20:31 PM »
Q76: What's the easiest way for a wizard to improve his maneuverability in flight? I want to use Overland Flight, but I don't want to be stuck with the Average Maneuverability (no hover, bleah)

Surreal

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #208 on: June 11, 2008, 07:17:08 PM »
A 76: spell: Aerial Alacrity (RotW), boosts speed by 30' and improves by maneuverability by one step. The Pectoral of Maneuverability (Draconomicon, p.83) can also increase by one or two steps and takes up the vest slot.
---
"The late, sedate, and no to great." ~Surreal

Some Handy Links for CO Work (WotC 339 version) - a compilation of links for base/prestige class handbooks, tactics, spellcasting, character builds, D&D databases, etc.
Archived version of the above with working links

The Mango Index - a giant index for all things D&D and where to find them
The Mango List Reborn! - rehosted by KellKheraptis

Lists of Stuff - listing of class features etc and how to get them, etc. sort of like above but a little more specific and sorted by category
Polymorph, Wildshape and Shapechange, oh my! (comparison charts) - side-by-side comparison of all the various form altering abilities
Alternative Class Features
alternative ways to get class skills

Smudgy

• Curious George
« Reply #209 on: June 11, 2008, 09:51:05 PM »
A76b: Greater Wings of Air in the Spell Compendium advances it by two steps, so average to perfect. But it's duration is only 1min/lvl,so extending it is probably a good idea. Or just go with regular Wings of Air.

Irthos Levethix

• Donkey Kong
  • We're all a little mad here
    • Email
« Reply #210 on: June 12, 2008, 04:09:29 AM »
Q77: If you sneak attack with a spell that does ability damage, what type of damage is the sneak attack?
Run, my pretty little chunks of XP!! - Belkar Bitterleaf

92% Tactician 83% Method Actor 75% Min/Maxer         Thats 250% of Gamer, bitches!

Runestar

• King Kong
« Reply #211 on: June 12, 2008, 04:56:06 AM »
Q77: If you sneak attack with a spell that does ability damage, what type of damage is the sneak attack?

Depends on the spell. For example, I think you deal extra negative energy damage if you sneak attack with an enervation spell. Complete arcane may have more info on this.
A clear conscience is the surest sign of a failing memory.

Risada

• Grape ape
  • Wearing this outfit in the name of SCIENCE!
    • Email
« Reply #212 on: June 12, 2008, 02:38:02 PM »
Q78: where can I find the item Tooth of Leraje?

Rebel7284

• Grape ape
« Reply #213 on: June 12, 2008, 03:07:20 PM »
A78: a quick google search says Tome of Magic.
Negative level on a chicken would make it a wight the next day.  Chicken the other wight meat. -borg286

Risada

• Grape ape
  • Wearing this outfit in the name of SCIENCE!
    • Email
« Reply #214 on: June 12, 2008, 08:25:39 PM »
A78: a quick google search says Tome of Magic.

Thought as much....

And asking to be sure...
Q79: can a Chameleon use its aptitude focus to grab a spell list from a PrC (Knight of the Weave, for example)?

Morokael

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #215 on: June 13, 2008, 12:15:20 AM »
Q80:

Surreal

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #216 on: June 13, 2008, 01:01:06 AM »
A 79: yes

A 80: make the shield animated (probably not the answer you were looking for)
---

Some Handy Links for CO Work (WotC 339 version) - a compilation of links for base/prestige class handbooks, tactics, spellcasting, character builds, D&D databases, etc.

Lists of Stuff - listing of class features etc and how to get them, etc. sort of like above but a little more specific and sorted by category
Polymorph, Wildshape and Shapechange, oh my! (comparison charts) - side-by-side comparison of all the various form altering abilities

Morokael

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #217 on: June 13, 2008, 01:10:41 AM »
A 80: make the shield animated (probably not the answer you were looking for)

Not so much, no. Plus, if I'm gonna use an animated shield, it's gonna be a heavy shield, not a buckler... Thanks though, I might not have thought of that!

Rebel7284

• Grape ape
« Reply #218 on: June 13, 2008, 02:17:41 AM »
Q80: Is there any way to wield a two-handed melee weapon PLUS a buckler without incurring the -1 to hit.

A80: Improved buckler defense feat in i THINK complete warrior.  Check the feat index.  Although that might still retain the penalty and just allow for AC to still be applies.  Not sure.
Negative level on a chicken would make it a wight the next day.  Chicken the other wight meat. -borg286

Surreal

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #219 on: June 13, 2008, 02:54:18 AM »
Q80: Is there any way to wield a two-handed melee weapon PLUS a buckler without incurring the -1 to hit.

A80: Improved buckler defense feat in i THINK complete warrior.  Check the feat index.  Although that might still retain the penalty and just allow for AC to still be applies.  Not sure.
IBD just allows you to keep the shield bonus. It does not negate the attack penalty.
---