Author Topic: Campaignment of Scarlet Devil  (Read 43483 times)

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
Re: Campaignment of Scarlet Devil
« Reply #60 on: January 16, 2011, 05:17:17 PM »

"Guh-!?" Reflexively flying away from the point of impact, Reimu spins around and shoots a barrage of amulets in the direction she was hit from. "Invisible danmaku? No..."
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #61 on: January 16, 2011, 06:19:40 PM »
Reimu turns to see what struck her.

It's Rumia, the darkness around her condensed into a transparent black aura with no leaks. She rolls away from the miko's attacks with speed she certainly did not possess before, the few that make contact merely chipping at her armour.

"Let's play pretend!" she giggles. Darkness spreads from her arms like wings. "I'm a birdy, and you're a worm!" She flies at Reimu again, her mouth opened wide.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 06:22:52 PM by Prime32 »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #62 on: January 16, 2011, 06:37:32 PM »

"Eh... worm, you say?" Having recognized the threat, Reimu once again calms down, floating in midair with no attempt to evade Rumia. "No thanks. Playing a worm sounds boring. I'd only be able to wriggle." As Rumia comes closer, Reimu suddenly flies to the side with lightning reflexes, leaving a batch of homing amulets flying to meet Rumia's head-on charge.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #63 on: January 16, 2011, 07:05:39 PM »
Rumia manages to block the attack with her "wings", though they crack a little. She then soars above Reimu and begins flapping up a strong wind. Shards loosened by the miko's attack begin to rain down upon her like daggers.
My work
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #64 on: January 16, 2011, 07:15:12 PM »

As her Yin-Yang Orbs start spinning faster around her, Reimu Watches the barrage with a bored expression, though her eyes betray attentiveness. "Mhm, worms are boring." A wave of orange needles shoots from the orbs to meet Rumia's attack while Reimu shoots upwards, weaving through the bullets that weren't countered by her needles. As she draws near Rumia, she starts flying in an arc, trying to get above Rumia without coming too close. "I think I want to be the hunter."

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #65 on: January 16, 2011, 07:22:40 PM »
"Huh? No!"
Rumia stops flapping and charges at Reimu again, straight upwards.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 07:26:15 PM by Prime32 »
My work

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #66 on: January 16, 2011, 07:37:20 PM »

"When the hunter shoots the bird, the bird doesn't get to say anything about it." Flying upwards, though at lower velocity than Rumia, Reimu's orbs release a constant stream of needles right at Rumia's face, and just as Rumia draws near, the miko deftly flies to the side, allowing the faster youkai to charge past her.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #67 on: January 16, 2011, 07:47:41 PM »
The youkai cries out as she is blinded by the needles, hurtling past Reimu to plunge into the scarlet mists above.

She appears again moments later.
"Grrrr...TAKETHISTAKETHISTAKETHISTAKETHIS!"
Flapping her wings harder, she fires a storm of blades at her opponent. More dangerously, her motion also stirs up the mists around her, fanning them towards Reimu in a corrosive cone.
My work

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #68 on: January 16, 2011, 08:01:09 PM »

"Tch." Luckily, now Reimu has room to retreat downwards, and she allows herself to fall at full speed while showering the girl with needles and homing amulets on the way down. As she nears the ground, she stops shooting and spins once. From some hidden space in her sleeves, a single yin-yang orb about half the size of those orbiting around her shoots straight upwards through the cloud at Rumia. Fianlly, just before she hits the ground, the priestess swerves abruptly and evades to the side and up. Somehow, her instincts tell her she doesn't want to get into that cloud.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 06:27:11 PM by Agita »

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #69 on: January 19, 2011, 09:12:48 PM »
As the talismans pass through the cloud they begin to disintegrate; by the time they reach Rumia there is nothing left but ashes. The needles are another story though, and the youkai is forced to defend. Unfortunately, putting your arms in front of your face tends not to help your ability to see things coming, especially when darkness is making them a few inches thicker. The yin-yang orb strikes her directly in the stomach, sending her flying.

...but when she comes to a rest her armour is still intact.
"Oh, is that all? My turn now, my turn!" :D

Her aura flares, if darkness can flare, as she charges a beam of light in one hand and a whip of shadow in the other.
"You're a worm! Worms shouldn't try to beat birdies, that's silly!" she shouts as she shoots towards Reimu like an iron comet.
And then...

Poof. The energy surrounding her vanishes, as does her speed. It seems this spellcard had a time limit. Hovering feet from Reimu, Rumia grins awkwardly.
My work

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #70 on: January 20, 2011, 04:53:16 AM »

Floating forward, Reimu raises her hand and brings it down on Rumia's head in a chopping motion, although not very hard. "I'm a hunter." With a blink of her eyes, the spell fied around them vanishes. "I guess it's weird to pretend to be something I already am, though. Anyway," Reimu says, crossing her arms. "My victory. Don't eat Marisa. And make that mist go away."

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #71 on: January 20, 2011, 07:21:28 AM »
"Aww. Um, mist?..." She looks up, as if noticing the red clouds for the first time. "Oh. How do I do that?"
My work

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #72 on: January 22, 2011, 02:00:26 PM »

Raising an eyebrow, Reimu looks at Rumia impatiently. "How am I supposed to know? We found you where the mist is darkest, so didn't you make this mist in the first place?"

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #73 on: January 22, 2011, 07:15:28 PM »

Winning by time-out... You're geting old Reimu ze!

Marisa slowly flies around the shrine maiden and youkai, grinning with a mischievous smile.

Anyway, after seeing your battle I say it's pretty clear this little youkai couldn't have created an incident of this magnitude. I bet she's actualy lower than an human, and just happened to have a great natural affinity with this mysterious mist. There's probably several youkai out there trying to take advantage of this incident, but the true creator would be someone with at least six spellcards!

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #74 on: January 26, 2011, 02:10:50 PM »
Rumia nods. "Yeah, the tasty lady is right. I didn't make this stuff, I've got a..." She frowns and pronounces the next word slowly. "affibimity. But... hey! Who are you calling lower than a human?"
My work

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #75 on: January 26, 2011, 02:29:24 PM »

"Whatever. We're wasting time." As Marisa and Rumia quarrel, Reimu has already turned her back to them, flying in a random direction as her gut feeling takes her. "Geez... It probably would've been faster to just use a spellcard. Then again, I'd have wasted a card on someone who's not even the culprit."

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #77 on: January 29, 2011, 01:01:59 PM »
Before long, the pair can see the human village. It's unusually quiet, with few people on the streets.

{Continue/Investigate?}
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 10:05:33 PM by Prime32 »
My work

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #79 on: February 03, 2011, 08:11:13 PM »
The man jumps back, startled. "You!"
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 08:14:57 PM by Prime32 »
My work