Author Topic: Campaignment of Scarlet Devil  (Read 43484 times)

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
Re: Campaignment of Scarlet Devil
« Reply #220 on: June 14, 2011, 08:58:51 PM »
The rain above Reimu's head vanishes, accompanied by a distinctive bang.

Soon after, Meiling picks herself up from the explosion, breathing heavily.
"Ha... this isn't going to be easy, is it?" she says, looking at the orbs still floating around Reimu.
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #221 on: June 19, 2011, 09:21:32 PM »

The explosion sends Reimu skittering along the ground as well, throwing up a cloud of dust that is gradually dispersed when smaller motes of light once again start orbiting around her.  Rising back ino the air, she rubs her back carefully. "Ow... that was pretty reckless." Rising to about half again her own height, Reimu stretches out her arms to the side and watches Meiling get up through half-closed eyes, breathing slowly and calming her pulse as the orbs once again spin faster and merge into five large orbs. "I've broken three cards of yours with two of mine... well, though I used one of them just to get some room from your frontal attack. I've hit you five times and you me three times, not counting projectiles and the like. What do you think?" For a while, Reimu remains where she is, waiting for Meiling to make a move as she mutters, "Two left... crown and root, was it?"
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #222 on: June 25, 2011, 09:47:14 PM »
Meiling glances at her cards and winces. "Two left..."

She faces Reimu. "I think it's time for me to get serious." She tosses a card into the air, then jumps up after it and kicks off from it as it explodes. Light streams from her hands as she begins to spin, enveloping her until her body can no longer be seen.

"Colorful Sign: Extreme Color Typhoon!"

Something resembling no less than a rainbow-coloured drill has just fired itself at Reimu.
My work
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #223 on: July 03, 2011, 04:07:32 PM »

"Looks like a single-shot type..." Not wasting time, Reimu thrusts out her arm at Meiling's color drill. "Concentrate!" The orbs fly forward with a hum of power, drawing an arc around the danmaku and homing in on the guard youkai, and Reimu follows in the middle.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #224 on: July 04, 2011, 04:38:26 PM »
The orbs strike Meiling from all directions... and are deflected away. Her attack continues at full speed, tossing Reimu aside like a bowling pin.

...a floating bowling pin.
My work

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #225 on: July 11, 2011, 08:00:36 PM »

"Deflected-!?" Reimu is tossed to the edge of the Spell Border like a ragdoll, but there is no sound of spell break. "That was close... spinning to deflect attacks, huh? Then..." Reimu floats in place, her orbs reforming as she waits for Meiling to turn around and target her again. Raising her right arm, she waits without flinching. Then... "...I just have to hit the center! Concentrate!" This time, the five orbs of light move in unison, and in a straight line. As one, they shoot forward at the torrent of swirling color, colliding head-on in coordination instead of from the sides.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #226 on: July 12, 2011, 11:58:41 AM »
The condensed orbs fly directly at Meiling, the magical fields screeching as one flattens against the other. She hasn't stopped, but she's slowing down...

[spoiler]
"Allow me to explain!"

[/spoiler]
My work

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #227 on: July 12, 2011, 08:56:12 PM »

"What, that's still not enough for you? Geez!" Vaulting away from the spell border at her back, Reimu hurls herself... straight at the clash of her an Meiling's spell cards. She twists in midair, passing harmlessly through her own danmaku, and delivers a straight flying kick to Meiling's torrent of colors.
For a moment, only the flash of light is visible from outside the border.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #228 on: July 12, 2011, 09:06:23 PM »
The spell explodes. And then the other spell explodes. And then the explosions explode. There are many explosions in many colours, and they are deafening and pretty. Reimu is thrown against the border, while her opponent is thrown towards the mansion.

As the shrine maiden starts to pick herself up, through the smoke she can just barely make out her opponent doing the same.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2011, 09:09:02 PM by Prime32 »
My work

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #229 on: July 16, 2011, 08:17:26 PM »

Getting up on all fours, Reimu shoots a wave of homing amulets to her left and right, then charges towards Meling without getting to her feet, simply flying close to the ground. As she approaches her opposent, the miko spins around to deliver a low flying kick to Meiling's legs and pull her off-balance.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #230 on: July 18, 2011, 08:24:31 PM »
As Reimu's leg sweeps around, the dust cloaking her opponent swirls and blows aside. Before she can recognise what she is seeing, something drops down from above. Reimu's kick strikes a startled fairy, and moments later Meiling's heel comes down hard on her spine, slamming her into the ground.

The gatekeeper quickly follows up, flipping Reimu into the air before she can recover and then delivering a powerful punch that sends her to the top of the arena.

Meiling shoots through the air, matching her enemy's speed. She's sweating hard, but at the same time she seems to have something of a glow about her. Literally.

"It comes down to this! This is my last spell card; if you can survive then I'll allow you to pass."

Reimu begins to slow, but Meiling is still travelling upwards.

"Spell card..."

Reimu has just begun to fall as Meiling comes to a halt above her. Her hair seems to flare out and waver, though there is no wind. Drawing back her hand she crumples the card, and it flares with rainbow colours that flow down her veins before bursting forth until her entire hand seems converted to light.

With speed greater than any in the battle before, she fires herself downwards towards Reimu.

[spoiler]
"Attack Sign: Roc Fist!"

A shaft of light erupts with a roar, spraying out as it collides with the spell border. The fight is over. Meiling can no longer continue, but what about Reimu?[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: July 19, 2011, 12:41:05 PM by Prime32 »
My work

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #231 on: July 18, 2011, 08:43:34 PM »
Marisa can't stop smiling at the sight of a properly explosive finish.

And this was just the gatekeeper ze! Who knows what else is waiting for us inside this mansion? There's no turning back now. I won't let Reimu's sacrifice be in vain! I'll make sure that... Wait, what were we doing here again? Meh, nevermind, I'm sure there must be something worth stealing researching in this place ze.

Whitout stoping to check if Reimu's ok, Marisa flies over the gate to peek trough the mansion windows, looking for any valuable stuff.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #232 on: July 19, 2011, 12:11:33 AM »

There is no response from Reimu as she is battered about, only interposing easily broken barriers meant to soften the blows between herself and Meiling's fist.
In the moment of spell declaration, time seems to stretch. Reimu looks up at her opponent, and her expression shifts to one of mild surprise and boredom. "What, a single-shot? Seriously?" Crossing her arms in front of her face, palms facing outward, a spellcard appears before Reimu. "Spell card!"
The battlefield is engulfed in a pillar of light, and when it vanishes... Reimu is floating in midair, just as she was in the moment of Meiling's declaration. The air around her wavers like an optical illusion, outlining two nested cubic barriers enclosing her, into which Meiling is sunk up to her shoulder. The distance between her and Reimu can't be much longer than the length of her forearm, and yet... only her wrist and fist emerge from the inside of the inner barrier, hovering ineffectually inches away from Reimu's face.

"Hey now, the last spellcard is supposed to be the hardest. I thought you were a barrier keeper, shouldn't you know this? A single blow like that has no chance of getting through a good barrier. I didn't even need a hard one, it's enough to just make you not reach. Hey, Marisa, you listening? Geez, she's already going in..." Tuning to float towards the mansion herself as well, Reimu wills her own spellcard and the border to pop like soap bubbles. "Like I said, a barrier's only as good as the one keeping it, and vice versa. I'm in charge of the Great Hakurei Barrier, so of course I'd be invincible. Well, thanks for leading the way."

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #233 on: July 19, 2011, 12:47:27 PM »
"Hey... wait... are you sure you want to go in there?" Meiling says as she limps after them. "That... that was just a demo compared to what you'll face in there!"
My work

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #234 on: July 19, 2011, 01:32:18 PM »

"I'd be disappointed if it wasn't. Didn't I just tell you? I won't lose to anyone as suspicious as you people." Casting a look over her shoulder, Reimu proceeds to follow after Marisa. "I guess I was too reckless... I should've been able to do that without spellcards. Hey, Marisa, wait for me! geez... she's already forgotten why we came here, hasn't she?"

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #235 on: July 19, 2011, 05:23:09 PM »
"But... I was supposed to fight both of you."

Meiling sighs and rubs her aching head. "Oh well, time for tea."

"...who took my tea?"

The first few windows Marisa peeks through look in to a hall, with what appears to be a drawing room at the building's corner. The walls are varying shades of red, like the exterior.
My work

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #236 on: July 19, 2011, 05:57:35 PM »
Marisa finishes up siping the tea she found laying around during the battle while looking trough the windows.

Hmm, has a certain french flavour... Well, break's time over ze!

Charging up her magic, Marisa rises over the mansion to gain make some distance, as she prepares several star-shaped danmaku.

And then proceeds to fly at max speed to one of the  mansion windows, shooting the stars in front of her to break the glass and make a grand entrance!

Of course, should the stars fail to break the window, she'll stop before hiting the wall.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #237 on: July 20, 2011, 08:40:58 PM »

Inside, Marisa finds... Reimu, floating unhurriedly through the halls. At the crash of Marisa's entry, she turns her head to look at the witch with a bored expression. "Ah, Marisa. There you are. Geez, you're so noisy..."

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #238 on: July 27, 2011, 06:47:15 AM »

Hmm, seems like nobody's home ze. Quite strange to have such a big mansion and nobody inside. Well more time for us to explore the place! My adventuring senses tell me that the treasure is always in the dungeon ze. Now I guess that would demand us first exploring the other rooms, solving puzzles and collecting keys, but we're a in hurry today ze!  

With this words, Marisa takes aim down and fires a barrage of rainbow-colored lasers at the hall floor seeking to punch a hole trough it.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #239 on: July 27, 2011, 11:01:01 AM »

"Wha- Hey! Marisa! We're not here to ransack the place!" Calling out, Reimu starts going after Marisa... until she notices a flight of stairs down and emerges in the basement, waiting for Marisa to finish her entering and breaking. "Seriously, that girl... Well, if there's someone here, they'll go intercept her eventually, so I might as well use her as bait." As she follows the witch around on the latter's plundering tour, Reimu takes a look around at the walls. "...Well, I guess it wouldn't be bad to get ahold of something valuable."