Author Topic: A series of one off games.  (Read 15112 times)

jolt

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
Re: A series of one off games.
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2010, 07:24:07 PM »
Here is the sheet I have so far. http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=237059

A few things though:

You haven't stated how to deal with HP.

I have used the Arctic template, which basicly adds +2 con, -2 cha. Which is in Dragon Magazine 306 p62. If you don't allow it I'll strip it off.

I haven't decided on my lvl11 feat, I'm wondering if it's worth going for Archmage for lvl16+. I'm doubting wether it's the right thing to go for as your game won't go for a much higher level. But otherwise, I'm not sure what to go for, anyone got some advice?

You haven't given me the answer on wether it's allowed to take both Domain Wizard (UA) AND Elf Wizard (RotW).

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Thread Necromancy a Specialty
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2010, 07:41:33 PM »
Hey Mixster, I assume that by your silence you wish to say "go right ahead"?

I will build my character accordingly.
[spoiler]Fighter: "I can kill a guy in one turn."
Cleric: "I can kill a guy in half a turn."
Wizard: "I can kill a guy before my turn."
Bard: "I can get three idiots to kill guys for me."

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.
probably over on "Off-topic".
might want to put a little disclaimer in the first post.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing

Mixster

• Grape ape
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2010, 08:55:28 PM »
Hey,

Posted this earlier:

All the fighter variants are fair game.

Anthropomorphic animals, I'd prefer if you throw me something and I put a LA on it, base it of one of the already existing anthropomorphic animals, there are no concrete rules of doing it, sadly.

Swiftblade is fair game.

Half-Fey is fair game.

MM 2-5 are core IMO, yes. So is PH2 and DMG2

Sorry for not answering on Domain wizard and Elf Wizard, both are fair game, since they are in allowed sources. (Domain wizard sure is good though)
I wont allow artic, since I can't imagine how it can be balanced to lose 2 cha and get 2 con, it's like the good stuff from a dwarf without the bad stuff (lose one feat over human, lose one skill point). Also, I'm doing this as a test to see whether it would be humanly possible for my players to get through this, and they don't have dragon magazines.

Oh and you are right, don't expect to get much beyond level 16.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 09:02:24 PM by Mixster »
Monks are pretty much the best designed class ever.

JaronK

Meep Meep - Mixster out

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2010, 09:13:21 PM »
Say, with my Half-Fey Warbeast Magebred Catgirl (basically), can I PsyRef the bonus feats from being a cat, Magebred, Swiftblade, and Ranger into stuff that's useful for my build?

I'm looking to get Extra Turning, Extra Music, Divine Might, and Snowflake Wardance on this kitty.

+4xCha Mod to hit is win.

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing

jolt

« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2010, 09:57:28 PM »
That's cool, I've dumped the arctic template. Would have just mattered for a few hps anyway it's ok.

For feats, I think I'm just going to stack Font of Inspiration feats to get more and more. Looks like the best thing for me to do. If that's allowed ofcourse. http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/frcc/20070606

I'm very psyched about domain wizard and elf wizard working at the same time. My character sheet is almost done. Just need to do prepared spells and hp but both can wait. Oh and don't forget the portrait, I haven't got one yet!!!

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2010, 11:54:29 PM »
Just for reference, my character sheet is here: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=237181

Can anyone help me with skills? I'm going to try to be as much of a Diplomacy Master as I can be, with a nice side of Bluff, Intimidate, and Denigrating Banter.

Sounds fine to me.

[/spoiler]

Mixster

• Grape ape
« Reply #26 on: September 02, 2010, 08:19:28 AM »
Diplomancy wont work most of the time.

I use hostile++ for most monsters anyway, and I have a lot of monsters that "cannot" be negotiated with in the standard terms, but there will be some use of it.

Font of inspiration does stack. It even says so in the feat description.

@ Amechra, I cannot read all your classes, but it seems you count cloistered cleric and cleric as different classes. I don't play them that way (Because then there would be no idea in taking more than 1 level of cloistered cleric for the knowledge domain)
Remember that since cats normally move on 4 legs, becoming anthropomorphic loses you 10ft speed from it's speed score.
With Psyref, you have to pay the price for getting the power manifested on you, and you will have to pay the meagre xp cost. Since that's how it works.
Apart from that, it looks fine.

JaronK

Meep Meep - Mixster out

jolt

« Reply #27 on: September 02, 2010, 10:24:17 AM »
Should I stay away from the "Invest Life Energy" option from the Item Familiar feat (UA p171)? It looks abit stupid.

I've swapped my feats around, I'm gonna go for a battlefield controller but also for a debuffing raycaster. Will be fun to see how this turns out.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 12:43:17 PM by jolt »

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2010, 02:27:41 PM »
Diplomancy wont work most of the time.

I use hostile++ for most monsters anyway, and I have a lot of monsters that "cannot" be negotiated with in the standard terms, but there will be some use of it.

Font of inspiration does stack. It even says so in the feat description.

@ Amechra, I cannot read all your classes, but it seems you count cloistered cleric and cleric as different classes. I don't play them that way (Because then there would be no idea in taking more than 1 level of cloistered cleric for the knowledge domain)
Remember that since cats normally move on 4 legs, becoming anthropomorphic loses you 10ft speed from it's speed score.
With Psyref, you have to pay the price for getting the power manifested on you, and you will have to pay the meagre xp cost. Since that's how it works.
Apart from that, it looks fine.

Oh well, at least I can use it on pretty much any humanoid we come across (at-will charm person is so useful).

The fact that CC is there is because I was using it before, then I decided to switch to normal cleric, for personal reasons. I'll go ahead and fix that.

Whoops, I had Celerity domain before I realized that it wouldn't let me qualify for Swiftblade. I'll have to fix that too.

Besides, I've figured out that, with a Masterwork tool of diplomacy and synergistic ranks, I have a +35 to my diplomacy modifier, before factoring in ranks.

And then I Charm 'em. What's the DC to get Hostile++ to Unfriendly?

Ialready factored in EXP loss from PsyRef.

Sounds fine to me.

[/spoiler]

jolt

« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2010, 02:44:40 PM »
Your characters looks very cool Amechra. We'll be an initiative winning bunch I guess.

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2010, 03:11:14 PM »
Yep, we will be.

Dang it, your bonus is higher than mine by 2 points. Clearly, my next feat must be used to acquire a hummingbird familiar.

Also, my character may request buffing. Do you mind?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 03:14:29 PM by Amechra »

Sounds fine to me.

[/spoiler]

jolt

« Reply #31 on: September 02, 2010, 03:23:59 PM »
I'll buff as you please. If you provide me a list with spells you want persisted on you, it's abit easier for me. If I don't have the spell in my spellbook, I'll require you to give me the scroll so I can write it in. But I'll try to evenly buff all groupmembers with Metamagic Effect and Cooperative Metamagic.

You can just buy an Eager Warning Weapon, or get the Flexible Spine graft (that's costly though). Not worth spending a feat on if it's that big already. Unless Mixster puts up high initiative stuff against us, then we'll have to boost it up!!!

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #32 on: September 02, 2010, 04:18:06 PM »
I'll probably get Eager and Warning put on my NoNA.

Wait, if you have two Eager/warning weapons, do the bonuses stack? Probably not, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Sounds fine to me.

[/spoiler]

jolt

« Reply #33 on: September 02, 2010, 04:23:49 PM »
Warning grants an insight bonus, but Eager has a unnamed bonus. So that one should stack I think. I remember reading about a Poison Ring in one of the Dragon Magazines that counts as a weapon, so you might be able to enchant that aswell.

We have to find us some more players first though!
« Last Edit: September 02, 2010, 04:25:30 PM by jolt »

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #34 on: September 02, 2010, 04:36:50 PM »
Yes, we do need more players.

I'm wondering, do you know how many attacks I get? I'm pretty sure it's somewhere along five claw attack while hasted, but how do natural attacks interact with BAB? Because I could have as many as 8 claw attacks, if a certain interpretation is followed, I think.

Sounds fine to me.

[/spoiler]

jolt

« Reply #35 on: September 02, 2010, 04:49:26 PM »
I don't dare to find myself at the grounds of rule-guessing. You'd have to check with Mixster I guess, but I haven't seen any monster with 8 attacks so far though. Do you have any way of getting higher damage besides Divine Might?

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #36 on: September 02, 2010, 04:57:21 PM »
When my opponents are flatfooted, which they should be, considering that the lowest I can roll for initiative is a 32, I add Dexterity to Damage. I can then burn a turning attempt as a free action to add my Charisma to Damage for a round (stupid Complete Warrior, nerfing it from Charisma Modifier rounds down to 1 round). I can also Use Bardic Music for a good +8/+8 to hit/damage. Plus, I know spells that increase damage.

And there is your buffing.

Yes, the angry kitty does 1d4+19 damage with each claw attack, for a total of about 5d4+95 damage, assuming all of my attacks hit, which, with a +31 to hit, they probably will. All this before any spells I might ask you to buff me with.

Sounds fine to me.

[/spoiler]

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #37 on: September 02, 2010, 05:13:17 PM »
Crap, I just realized something; thanks to my Motivate Dexterity aura, both of our initiatives are actually 10 higher (12 higher 1/day)

In other words... The lowest initiative roll I can get is 42...

Oh, and Mixster; does my Motivate Dexterity aura boost my attack modifier? Because if It does, that is all kinds of shmexy.

Sounds fine to me.

[/spoiler]

Mixster

• Grape ape
« Reply #38 on: September 02, 2010, 05:31:11 PM »
You don't get iterative attacks with a high BAB on natural attacks, that's the way I've understood it at least.

I don't have the miniatures handbook (which was why it wasn't on the list of allowed sources), but from the marshal excerpt on wizards HP, I'd say it only motivates Dex checks and Initative Rolls. It doesn't help your bonus to attack, buffing dex checks and initative is enough I believe.

Remember that a lot of monsters have sick amount of damage reduction, and armour, especially the monsters you will be facing.

No, go find some more players ;).

Yeah warning doesn't stack with warning, but it does stack with eager, so you could have 2 eager weapons and one eager warning weapon (armor spikes anyone?) to get a shitload of boni to you initative.

JaronK

Meep Meep - Mixster out

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #39 on: September 02, 2010, 05:44:56 PM »
I wasn't counting BAB.

Conservative: 2 Claw+1 Eagle's Fury+1 Haste+1 Rapid Shot=5
Liberal: 2 (1 Claw+1 Eagle's Fury+1 Haste+1 Rapid Shot)=8

I was thinking of swapping the Ranger out with Whirling Frenzy Barbarian with Lion Totem; is that OK?

And Mixster, I'll just get jolt to persist the following on me: Hunter's Eye, Find the Gap, Wraithstrike, and Fell the Greatest Foe.

I'll ask him to cast Vulnerability on whatever we're fighting.

You were saying something something about armor and DR, I believe? Do they have DR upwards of 10, mayhaps?

P.S. If any of those spells are personal range, isn't there a way our friend Jolt can transfer them to me? If so, thanks, if not... well, can he place a metamagic effect on a spell already cast? Because if so, I do have a UMD mod of 20 before ranks.

Sounds fine to me.

[/spoiler]