Author Topic: Day One: Arrival  (Read 13478 times)

SixthDeclension

• King Kong
  • "Wit is educated insolence."
    • Email
Re: Day One: Arrival
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2008, 06:10:21 PM »
Those of you that follow the dwarf see that he leads you to the busiest place you can see. It is a beaten down multistory building, with a giant red and green sign above the doorway. "The Trippy Plant" it reads. Come on! There are things I want to tell ye! He barges through the door and you can hear him yell Barkeep, give me a rond...I need me ale... When you follow him in, you see he has cleared a table and beckons you to sit in front of pints of liquid.
My choice place for buying Magic: the Gathering Singles: adventuresOn.com

Currently DMing a Solo PbP, Check it out here

Like the leaves of the forest when Summer is green,
That host with their banners at sunset were seen:
Like the leaves of the forest when Autumn hath blown,
That host on the morrow lay withered and strown.

Stratovarius

• Hong Kong
  • Player Resource Consortium
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2008, 06:11:54 PM »
Chrefydd stomps into the room, sitting down at the spot on the table farthest from the dwarf. He rests the axe across his lap, slowly polishing it with a smoothing stone.
Arhosa Campaign World - Always Recruiting
Past, Present, and Future
Osteomancy - Rune Magic - Astral Magic
Class and Rule Collection
Player Resource Consortium
That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons even death may die

Straw_Man

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2008, 06:27:43 PM »

Vorgon finds the stoutest stool at the table and awkwardly settles his bulk on it while casually keeping an eye on the entrances and exits in the room.

"Uhmm ... ale ... Allow me to cover this round"
he eventually says to the dwarf.
"No, no, don't think, Maya." Ritsuko chided. "We will not gattai the Evas or their pilots.

Such thoughts lead inevitably to transformation sequences."

TheWordSlinger

• Bi-Curious George
  • Nunc est bibendum
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2008, 06:37:41 PM »
Roy's eyes scan the tavern, Well, the saying goes they're the best places for information, but I would prefer a library. Roy sits at the table equidistant between Zren and Chrefydd and picks up his pint of 'ale.' As he stares into the murky contents of his mug, he speaks to the deformed dwarf, Of course, we're glad for any information you can give us, Zren. But why did you decide to tell us? You don't know us from Adam, and you pick us up off the street and drag us into this...'inn' without waiting for introductions. I hope you'll forgive my suspicions, but what gives?
Then he tilts back his head and drains the entire mug of ale, Thank'ee Vorgon
Currently playing:
Forte Lulz, Chaotic EVIL Bard bent on world domination;
Canere Potentia, to sing of power.
Aralaxax, Warforged Osteomancer, Machines are my people, I wield bones as other wield swords.
Randall Gray, she's not sexually confused, honest!
Zion "I can make followers, but why bother when people line up for me?"
Currently DMing: Real Men Use Their Hands, World's Largest Dungeon
"If you can pretend to be a half-orc barbarian or a dwarf wizard then you can pretend to be an alpha male."-Ninjarabbit
"The hotel shop only had two decent books, and I'd written both of them."-Douglas Adams
"It's funny how the Earth never opens up and swallows you when you want it to." Xander Harris, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Akula

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2008, 07:25:46 PM »
Irina sits at the table with no small relief. She sips the brew politely but only drinks a little. I must say that Roy has voiced my concerns as well. It seems strange that you should develop such an interest in us from the moment you saw us walk in the gate. What are you playing for?

Straw_Man

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2008, 07:33:18 PM »

His drink continues to be ignored, but Vorgon is obviously getting restless.

"And .... my companions are not the," looks at Chrefydd and Attila, "... easiest to get to know." Rumbling deep in his throat to think, "So you need something ... perhaps?"
"No, no, don't think, Maya." Ritsuko chided. "We will not gattai the Evas or their pilots.

SixthDeclension

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2008, 07:40:15 PM »
I do no' think it is me that needs anythin', methinks that it is ye that needs sometin'. And i ceen benefit from the sometin'. I know sum peepl that know some peeple. Ye look like the types who get down to business. I like that in peeple. Maybe we shud wurk sumtin' out? Ye hold my bag o' holdin an' I hold yers? The dwarf is surprisingly civil, considering all you have said about him.

Akula

• Email
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2008, 07:45:36 PM »
Well I think we can come to an arangement, perhaps some details as to just what you want us to 'hold'?

Straw_Man

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2008, 07:46:11 PM »

Err, I don't have those type of needs anymore ..."

AlisAtAn

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2008, 08:30:29 PM »
Shut yer trap if you like your past the way it is. It can always change to the worse. Just you see. Stupid bitch.
Odin, Feral Shifter Feral Shifter. "Can I drown the dead rat now?"
Loke, Dread Magnate "Me all good and nice. Ask any questions and I`ll kill you twice."

DnD classes is kind of like art. You make lots of stuff that everyone loves but aint no fun to play. This one is like getting a nude pic of Britney Spears when she was hot above your bed.  Anyone can appreciate it. And it works as it should in practise, not just in theory. -Me to Strato regarding his Elemental

mace_of_sauron

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • Of old he was an elven king...
    • Email
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2008, 02:38:20 PM »
I do not trust this dwarf. Why would he take strangers off of the street. Furthermore he has for to good hearing and is too tolerant to insult. He is hiding something and I suggest he take more drastic means in figring out what it is.
[spoiler]Just to clarify Orange is ignan, I'd rather have the dwarf not here this.[/spoiler]

Ieniemienie

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2008, 02:45:32 PM »
This is a strange dwarf indeed. Keep your eyes open for any dark and mysterious figures, besides us of course. This might be a trap! For now lets play along and hear him out

We are always interested in business, but the question is what kind of business and how much will this business profit us? how exactly will this business profit you?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2008, 02:58:32 PM by Ieniemienie »
'DnD is not a game; it is a membership in a tribe that I joined long ago.'

Stupidity should be painful!

Stratovarius

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2008, 02:51:29 PM »
[spoiler]We've been using red as ignan and orange as infernal, at least I have.[/spoiler]

TheWordSlinger

• Bi-Curious George
  • Nunc est bibendum
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2008, 04:04:03 PM »
Roy remains silent, gazing into the empty bottom of his tankard, What does this Dwarf want?
You've wasted a good deal of my time already, Dwarf. And my time is very precious. I would hate to have to extract the value of that time from you, so ye best hurry up and tell us what you want us to do. If we find it a favorable bargain, we shall take it. If not... At this Roy produces one of his knives and begins idly cleaning his nails with it.
Currently playing:
Forte Lulz, Chaotic EVIL Bard bent on world domination;
Canere Potentia, to sing of power.
Aralaxax, Warforged Osteomancer, Machines are my people, I wield bones as other wield swords.
Randall Gray, she's not sexually confused, honest!
Zion "I can make followers, but why bother when people line up for me?"
Currently DMing: Real Men Use Their Hands, World's Largest Dungeon
"If you can pretend to be a half-orc barbarian or a dwarf wizard then you can pretend to be an alpha male."-Ninjarabbit
"The hotel shop only had two decent books, and I'd written both of them."-Douglas Adams
"It's funny how the Earth never opens up and swallows you when you want it to." Xander Harris, Buffy the Vampire Slayer

SixthDeclension

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2008, 06:16:43 PM »
Ah, I understand. I am sorry for not givin' an explanashun. Ye know this city was built on the side of this heer mountain. But a path to thee center of the mountain was blocked when the fancy northernerers came in...ther are a few dwarf relics in there, I have been told, and I have a certin intrest in preservin them, ye see? It wers a holy site, so there may be more then just them. Ye look like the type that would enjoy such a venture. So, me laddies, what say ye? Ye can keep anything extra ye find. There is also a little gold in it fer ye. He pulls out a small pouch and you here it jingle.

AlisAtAn

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2008, 06:23:40 PM »
We would need 50% of the purse up front. For equipment, see. And information gathering. Oh, and you are not coming with us. So dont bother asking. I dont sleep well with strangers poking around. ...Sooo, how much gold are we talking? I assume you pay per head.
Odin, Feral Shifter Feral Shifter. "Can I drown the dead rat now?"
Loke, Dread Magnate "Me all good and nice. Ask any questions and I`ll kill you twice."

DnD classes is kind of like art. You make lots of stuff that everyone loves but aint no fun to play. This one is like getting a nude pic of Britney Spears when she was hot above your bed.  Anyone can appreciate it. And it works as it should in practise, not just in theory. -Me to Strato regarding his Elemental

Akula

• Email
« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2008, 06:40:46 PM »
I'm sure that we can help recover some relics for you. Irina smiles at the dwarf then quickly drops it from her face as she turns to the party.I doubt that this man is the proper keeper for whatever it is we are going to get. I wouldn't even be convinced that these are dwarven artifacts. We need more information.

Stratovarius

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2008, 06:56:22 PM »
Chrefydd growls. Take the information from him then. He knows more than he speaks, and I, for one, do not wish to meet his blighted cousins under the earth. I'm sure there are those among us who can... extract the information.

Straw_Man

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2008, 07:02:56 PM »

"We should have him followed. Tomorrow I could use the ways of the Biyan to find out what he hides ... and there will be less unpleasantries to cover up. We should attempt to keep our names as clean of suspicion as to not hinder our quest".

Akula

• Email
« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2008, 07:11:29 PM »
For the sake of prudence, I think we should do it.