Author Topic: Evil Psionic Gestalt game.... what to pair?  (Read 6324 times)

shaikujin

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
Re: Evil Psionic Gestalt game.... what to pair?
« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2010, 08:43:20 AM »
With all the ideas I got from the masters of optimizers here, I'm working on a gestalt Octuple+ (full BAB, L9 Cleric/Paladin/Ranger/Bard/Arcane, L9 Manifesting+SpellToPower, L9 Maneuvers, L8 Vestiges, Meldshaping) threat character for some time now, haven't finished fitting the pieces altogether though...Maybe it'll give you some ideas:

[spoiler]
Illumian (for the +2 to CL)

1) Ardent1 (Retrained to PRC Ranger1 later)/Binder1 (ardent choses magic mantle of course)

Bloodline1 (using buyoff interpretation)
Bloodline2 (due to how Ardents and Binders work with ML and BL, bloodline levels actually do increase your power point, powers known, vestiges you can binder etc)
Bloodline3 (the interesting thing here is, due to the buyoff rules, you actually reach lvl 4 Ardent and Binder powers before other characters, albeit with the HP of only a level 1 character, still completely playable. Vigor and Naberious will take care of that)

2) Anima mage1/Ardent2 (Yes, gestalt says "should" not use dbl progression PRCs, but I always read the word "should" as "it's a good idea, but not necessary". Unlike "cannot" or "must not" or "you can only")

3) Ur Priest1/Ardent3

4) PRC Paladin/Swordsage1

5) PRC Ranger2/Totemist1

6) PRC Bard1/Ardent3

7) PRC Bard2/Human Paragon (going to use human paragon 2 and 3 to advance spell casting levels on the non-PRC side, since human paragon is not a PRC)

Keep progression Ardent to Ardent 10 to get dominate ideal, mix and match with
Sublime chord1
Tenebrous Apostate1
Ruby Knight Vindicator1

Then turn into an illithid at level 15 using savage progression rules, knocking my level back to 1, but keeping all class abilities/BAB/saves. BAM, another 20 levels of goodness.

Ultimately go into illithid savant, using legacy champion and uncanny trickster to cover the illithid savant's bad BAB/saves/skill per level. Get capstone for Elemental savant (100' perfect fly, and a bunch of other goodies) and Geomancer (cast all spells like they are paladin spells with no arcane chance failure, swift action via battle blessing).

I'll post the build once I actually manage to complete it. Lots of dirty tricks, probably won't be allowed in any game, but just wanted to see how many things I can cramp in :D
[/spoiler]

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2010, 05:40:19 PM »
Egoist 5/Slayer 10/Ghostbreaker (Hyperconscious) 5//Factotum 5/Egoist 1/Swordsage 1/Factotum 3/Swordsage 1/Factotum 2/Swordsage 1/Factotum 2/etc? Full manifesting, near-full BAB, and lots of skills, maneuvers, and Int-based goodies.
[spoiler]Masculine men like masculine things. Masculine men are masculine. Therefore, liking masculine men is masculine.

I dare anyone to find a hole in that logic.
[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
Which book is Lycanthromancer in?
Lyca ... is in the book. Yes he is.
 :D
shit.. concerning psionics optimization, lycan IS the book
[/spoiler]

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
  • Aistii valoa auttavasti
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2010, 06:12:06 PM »
What do Factotums gain at level 12?

Handy Links

Havok4

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • It can only be attributable to human error.
« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2010, 09:07:28 PM »
What do Factotums gain at level 12?
Only another daily use of arcane dilettante.