Author Topic: Ask a Simple Question 25: Welcome to DIE!  (Read 160367 times)

Zebu

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
Re: Ask a Simple Question 25: Welcome to DIE!
« Reply #680 on: June 22, 2011, 05:07:11 PM »
Q250: Does rainbow servant 10 allow you to progress a normally arcane base class with prestige classes that advance divine spellcasting?
I believe so.

A wizard X/Rainbow Servant 10 is an arcane caster who can cast some divine spells using a prestige class ability (you can learn and cast them from the cleric list; they aren't added to your primary class's list).  Whether that makes Wizard (which is what you'd have to advance with any PrC levels) a "divine spellcasting class" is debatable.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #681 on: June 22, 2011, 05:17:20 PM »
Q250: Does rainbow servant 10 allow you to progress a normally arcane base class with prestige classes that advance divine spellcasting?
I believe so.

A wizard X/Rainbow Servant 10 is an arcane caster who can cast some divine spells using a prestige class ability (you can learn and cast them from the cleric list; they aren't added to your primary class's list).  Whether that makes Wizard (which is what you'd have to advance with any PrC levels) a "divine spellcasting class" is debatable.
Well, you are casting them as divine spells, so they don't have acf for instance.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

GawainBS

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #682 on: June 22, 2011, 05:27:42 PM »
Q 246: How do you move the "Show Desktop" icon in Win7 from the bottom right hand corner to the bottom left?

Bump.

Zebu

« Reply #683 on: June 22, 2011, 05:48:46 PM »
I believe so.

Well, you are casting them as divine spells, so they don't have acf for instance.

Oh, I know that you're casting divine spells.  But you're casting them using a Rainbow Servant feature-- one that doesn't change the <i>wizard</i> spell list at all.  You can't advance "rainbow servant" casting; you have to advance "wizard casting" or "sorcerer casting" or whatever, and those are arcane casting classes.

jeffrie

• nondescript young man over there for hire.
    • Email
« Reply #684 on: June 22, 2011, 06:12:08 PM »
Q251.1 Can i advance Mystic Theurge with Dweomerkeeper? Has it been done before? Is it dumb? why/not?

PS: my game is with children (the youngest is 10) and not very optimized, but we have only three players and only one caster, so it might work out, sorta.

Cloistered Cleric 3: Spontaneous Domains
Wizard (for Spell List?) or Sorcerer 1:
Arcane PrC2 ? ?:

Mystic Theurge 1:
DweomerKeeper 10:

Dual Progression PrC 3 ? ?:

I think this gives double nines at 20th, and though lame in some ways, is easy on the feats. After getting an answer to 251.1 i might open a thread to fine tune the build.

Q251.2 Suggestions for this build?

"That's one for the good guys.
Current score: Evil 923,472,810, Good 1."

-Kuroimaken

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #685 on: June 22, 2011, 06:20:27 PM »
Nah, since mystic theurge just advances other classes.  it doesn't actually have spellcasting of its own.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

jeffrie

• nondescript young man over there for hire.
    • Email
« Reply #686 on: June 22, 2011, 06:22:26 PM »
Ahhh, i see. thanks.
"That's one for the good guys.
Current score: Evil 923,472,810, Good 1."

-Kuroimaken

Hazren

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
« Reply #687 on: June 22, 2011, 06:22:58 PM »
Q251.1 Can i advance Mystic Theurge with Dweomerkeeper? Has it been done before? Is it dumb? why/not?

PS: my game is with children (the youngest is 10) and not very optimized, but we have only three players and only one caster, so it might work out, sorta.

Cloistered Cleric 3: Spontaneous Domains
Wizard (for Spell List?) or Sorcerer 1:
Arcane PrC2 ? ?:

Mystic Theurge 1:
DweomerKeeper 10:

Dual Progression PrC 3 ? ?:

I think this gives double nines at 20th, and though lame in some ways, is easy on the feats. After getting an answer to 251.1 i might open a thread to fine tune the build.

Q251.2 Suggestions for this build?

A 251:can't do it.
the spellcasting of dweomerkeeper states
If the character had more than one spellcasting class
before she became a dweomerkeeper, the player must
decide to which class to add each level of dweomerkeeper
for the purpose of determining spells per day
and spells known.

As mystic theurge doesn't have it's own spell progression but instead advances other classes spell progression you can't use dweomerkeeper to advance both arcane and divine for the base classes.
"My solution way too often is to press the red button and see the world burn, which brings us back to the fiery pits of Hell..."
Tshern

Zebu

« Reply #688 on: June 22, 2011, 06:23:22 PM »
And then there was bump.
Q 249 A Psion with a Greater Bloodline takes the Solicit Psicrystal feat.  At level 5, his levels are Psion 4/Bloodline 1.  How many hit dice does his psicrystal have?

Gnomeo

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
« Reply #689 on: June 22, 2011, 07:34:28 PM »
Q 246: How do you move the "Show Desktop" icon in Win7 from the bottom right hand corner to the bottom left?

Bump.

Moving the taskbar to the left side of the screen will put the "Show Desktop" icon on the lower left.  Probably not what you wanted though.
The next thing I say to you will be true.
The last thing I said was false.

geniussavant

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #690 on: June 22, 2011, 07:36:17 PM »
Q252 Can someone please explain how to use Elemental binding as a cost reducer. Preferably with sources listed. I've read about it, but I'm still pretty lost. If it matters, it's for an artificer build with elemental binding and magical artisan: elemental binding along with extraordinary artisan and legendary artisan. I'm still creating the character(lvl 20) so if it doesn't work, I'll just change the feats. Thanks
[spoiler]
I see that you want to solve problems. Not problems like, "What is beauty?," because that would fall within the purview of your conundrums of 'philosophy'. You want to solve practical problems. F'r instance, how are you gonna stop some big, mean Mother Hubbard from tearing you a structurally superfluous new behind? The answer: Use a gun. And if that don't work? Use more gun.
And if that fails try this

[/spoiler]

GawainBS

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #691 on: June 22, 2011, 07:39:30 PM »

Bump.

Moving the taskbar to the left side of the screen will put the "Show Desktop" icon on the lower left.  Probably not what you wanted though.

No, indeed, it's not.  ;)

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
« Reply #692 on: June 22, 2011, 07:40:13 PM »
Q 249 A Psion with a Greater Bloodline takes the Solicit Psicrystal feat.  At level 5, his levels are Psion 4/Bloodline 1.  How many hit dice does his psicrystal have?
4 HD.  That's all the master has.
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

Zebu

« Reply #693 on: June 22, 2011, 07:47:26 PM »

See...  I'm not sure about that.  Look at this:
Quote from: SRD:Bloodlines
Quote from: SRD:Psions

So a level of Bloodline counts as a level of Psion for "level-based abilities," and the Psicrystal's abilities are level-based.  Am I missing something?

xeno121

« Reply #694 on: June 22, 2011, 08:41:23 PM »
Q253: What is the Ancestral Feat that boosts Iaijutsu Focus, and what book/pgnumber is it?

Found it.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2011, 03:47:43 AM by xeno121 »
First off, the Joker is a smooth operator. He is very good at convincing people of things, twisting them to further his goals. This is the guy who turned Harvy Dent into Two Face with a simple Bluff check and ten minutes of RP.

ShneekeyTheLost

dark_samuari

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #695 on: June 22, 2011, 09:19:56 PM »
Question 254

What exactly are the limitations on Psionic Minor Creation? Could it make seasoned spirits & liquor for example?

Shiki

• King Kong
  • Mindraped
« Reply #696 on: June 22, 2011, 09:57:47 PM »
Question 254

What exactly are the limitations on Psionic Minor Creation? Could it make seasoned spirits & liquor for example?

'hope this helps: http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19538926/Minor_Creation_and_You,_a_Small_Guide. I didn't read it lately and my memories of it are sparse, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't cover EVERYTHING about the spell/power. Still, it's a good thread.

Revamp of my question some pages ago.. Q255: Is it possible to qualify for the Crystal Master at ECL 1? Specifically, the problem is the ML 5th prerequisite.
"An ally of truth."

Soundtrack of the week:
Kagamine Rin - Antichlorobenzene (ft. Kagamine Ren)

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
« Reply #697 on: June 22, 2011, 10:41:54 PM »

See...  I'm not sure about that.  Look at this:
Quote from: SRD:Bloodlines
Quote from: SRD:Psions

So a level of Bloodline counts as a level of Psion for "level-based abilities," and the Psicrystal's abilities are level-based.  Am I missing something?
Yes.  A Psicrystal's HD are "As Master's".  The Psion still only has 4 HD, so that's all the Psicrystal has as well.
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

zook1shoe

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #698 on: June 23, 2011, 03:52:47 AM »

Bump.

No, indeed, it's not.  ;)

A mirror?  :lol

heroicraptor

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email