Author Topic: Aid Spell feat = broken awesomeness  (Read 2532 times)

Hallack

• Hong Kong
Aid Spell feat = broken awesomeness
« on: March 27, 2009, 10:37:08 AM »
Okay, first the caveat that this feat is from the ole AEG FEAT book (many broken feats in there).  Eventually I will convince my group to be more careful in what they allow from that book (I call it the "book of broken feats")

Anyways.... this Aid Spell metamagic feat for a +1 cost changes Personal spells to touch! Touch spells to Close!

Oh the possible greatness to be had with this feat  :love

The party buffing and other nastiness is just...   :smirk

The DM of our current game is lucky I'm playing melee hehe.  I've also informed him that if he kills me I'll make a caster muahahahahahah.
Placeholder - T'tosc

Risada

• Grape ape
  • Wearing this outfit in the name of SCIENCE!
    • Email
Re: Aid Spell feat = broken awesomeness
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 11:13:42 AM »
This feat+Spellguard of Silverymoon+War Weaver = amazing party buffer?  :)

Sadly, I don't have this book of yours....

Heliomance

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 12:09:45 PM »
It's the same book that has the feat Assassin's Strike. Probably available a level 12 with a bit of optimisation, the text reads as follows: Anyone damaged by your sneak attack instantly dies.

There is no save. Just that.

Risada

• Grape ape
  • Wearing this outfit in the name of SCIENCE!
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 12:18:31 PM »
It's the same book that has the feat Assassin's Strike. Probably available a level 12 with a bit of optimisation, the text reads as follows: Anyone damaged by your sneak attack instantly dies.

:twitch

MUST. FIND. THIS. BOOK.    :evillaugh

Seriously now, is there any sane person that would allow such a feat in her game?

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2009, 01:04:43 PM »
Anyways.... this Aid Spell metamagic feat for a +1 cost changes Personal spells to touch! Touch spells to Close!

Transcend Mortality is a personal-range spell which makes you temporarily invincible, then kills you when the duration expires. And it's dismissable.
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
  • Aistii valoa auttavasti
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2009, 01:18:56 PM »

Transcend Mortality is a personal-range spell which makes you temporarily invincible, then kills you when the duration expires. And it's dismissable.
Used this tactics in some CO challenge against a monster whose CR was around 160 or so. The best thing is Transcend mortality is either swift or immediate action spell (can't recall which) so you still have a standard action left to dismiss the spell.

Handy Links

Hallack

• Hong Kong
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2009, 01:21:55 PM »

Yep, same book.  Among some horridly abusable feats like Aid Spell, Cooperative spell (lets you apply ANY metamagic feat to a spell), Combat instincts (melee miss within margin = AOO), and others there are also many decent and flavorful feats as well ie Superior Finesse (dex to damage with Combat Expertise prereq)

Also started to open a thread about using two other feats in the book that allow Echantment/mind affecting of undead and contructs respectively hehe.
Placeholder - T'tosc

Zombieboots

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • Ska-ull
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2009, 03:30:46 PM »

Wow a use for Order of the Initate Bow. Finally. Add in that varient which lets you Sneak Attack "Anything" from Dungeonscape, and once per round you kill something. Anything. Even tables.
Ah! Maddness. Thank you.[spoiler][/spoiler]

Akalsaris

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2009, 05:46:15 PM »
If you're killing anything with your sneak attack, you don't even need to use your 10th level rogue ability for the epic feat that lets you almost do that!