Author Topic: We need something awesome  (Read 23094 times)

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
Re: We need something awesome
« Reply #120 on: February 25, 2009, 12:15:58 PM »
That looks...remarkably neat, maybe repost that in the House Rules or Inspiration, section too. :D
Action Points in play right?
Do what Yugi always does, burn an action point to draw the best card for the moment. Or to make it do something it really shouldn't have been able to(metamagic).
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Aldgar

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
« Reply #121 on: February 25, 2009, 12:16:54 PM »
Interested.

If noone called dibs already, I'm envisioning something related to TTGL.

Character concept would involve an Warforged Egoist/SomethingwithfullBaB(Crusader? Warblade?) who exchanges his first level bonus feat for the change shape ability(Found in the Expanded Classes, part 2 article here).

This would allow him to maintain a human appearance most of the time, but go *MECHA* nearly at will, by using expansion+change shape+various other buffs to assume the form of a large(or bigger) giant robot, whose appearance can then be further customized for cool points as necessity requires.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #122 on: February 25, 2009, 12:19:31 PM »
If you've got Untapped Potential, you could look into the Phenotype Impressionist PrC, and some of the Shaper exclusive powers(theres powers to 'wear' an Astral Construct).
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

bogsnes

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #123 on: February 25, 2009, 12:24:50 PM »
No-one said you had to rip anyone off, just make something anime-style. :eh

Okay, I just thought I saw it mentioned somewhere that you only should use one theme...

Start a new thread for that.

Do I really need to?

Bear in mind that standard wizards are banned.

So I'll have to make it a Sorcerer variant? Wizard fits much better, and with the changes of possibly not having what you need (and also maybe just have level 0 crap) removes some of the power...

Yu-Gi-Oh is much about preparing your deck...

You do know that Pot of Greed has been banned for years, right? :P

Pot of Avarice isn't :P It is just limited to one (or two, but I think it is one) :D

Do what Yugi always does, burn an action point to draw the best card for the moment. Or to make it do something it really shouldn't have been able to(metamagic).

Yeah, action points to draw something better could be an idea...

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #124 on: February 25, 2009, 12:27:20 PM »

Start a new thread for that.

Do I really need to?
Do it, it's pretty cool :D
Plus it's easier to reference if it has it's own thread.
Bear in mind that standard wizards are banned.

So I'll have to make it a Sorcerer variant? Wizard fits much better, and with the changes of possibly not having what you need (and also maybe just have level 0 crap) removes some of the power...

Yu-Gi-Oh is much about preparing your deck...
Well, since this is a variant wizard...
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

bogsnes

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #125 on: February 25, 2009, 12:40:45 PM »

Aldgar

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
« Reply #126 on: February 25, 2009, 01:12:57 PM »
I do not have Untapped Potential.

However, the feat Skin of the Construct seems nifty for adding versatility and on-the-fly abilities as needed.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #127 on: February 25, 2009, 01:17:25 PM »
Gimme a sec, I'll grab an excerpt for ya.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #128 on: February 25, 2009, 01:20:04 PM »
Interested.

If noone called dibs already, I'm envisioning something related to TTGL.

Character concept would involve an Warforged Egoist/SomethingwithfullBaB(Crusader? Warblade?) who exchanges his first level bonus feat for the change shape ability(Found in the Expanded Classes, part 2 article here).

This would allow him to maintain a human appearance most of the time, but go *MECHA* nearly at will, by using expansion+change shape+various other buffs to assume the form of a large(or bigger) giant robot, whose appearance can then be further customized for cool points as necessity requires.
I had the idea for statting an expy of Tekkaman Blade using a Warforged Dragonfire adept with the humanoid shape invocation...

But you can pull off what you want easier with this class I've been working on.
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #129 on: February 25, 2009, 01:39:03 PM »
Excerpt sent(well, more like the complete textdump of two classes, a feat and a couple o powers). At least some of it might come in handy.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

AfterCrescent

• Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #130 on: February 25, 2009, 01:46:50 PM »
Prime, wooden,

As requested, I've set up your subforum and am leaving this thread open to finish recruiting. Would one of you please send me a PM when you've finished recruiting? Thanks

Enjoy your anime-style-crazy-gaming :P
The cake is a lie.
Need to play table top? Get your game on at:
Brilliant Gameologists' PbP Forum. Do it, you know you want to.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
The 13th Guard - An alternate history campaign idea.
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #131 on: February 25, 2009, 04:16:23 PM »
As far as plot goes, I'm better with coming up with broad ideas than specifics (kinda like George Lucas I suppose :p). I suggest that everyone PMs one NPC with a moderately-detailed backstory unconnected to their character, along with a reason someone might oppose that NPC.

For instance, you might describe a character who transforms into a superhero by using a "Fire Crystal", opposed by someone who is trying to steal it.

Once everyone has submitted them, the DMs will modify or combine characters and create new ones (in the above example, the enemy might be expanded into an organisation which seeks out magic items and destroys them). Have fun seeing your NPC show up in yours or another's game, not knowing what other secrets they may be hiding or how they have been tied into the rest of the plot.

What do you think?
My work
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #132 on: February 25, 2009, 09:33:21 PM »
Seems handy enough, attach tropes to these NPCs as well?
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #133 on: February 25, 2009, 10:00:10 PM »
I'm either doing a sort of classic badass samurai/shinigami thing, or I'm making Haruko'S Brother (FLCL, which if any of you haven't used drugs before, seeing this will let you experience acid; it's on youtube WOOT!). See, the Samurai guy is a straightforward Int/Dex based build that's real simple, three classes plenty of power.

FLCL charrie gets a bit more... difficult, but is probably more fun to play in the long run...

Operation Shoestring

• King Kong
  • Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
    • Email
« Reply #134 on: February 26, 2009, 12:04:28 AM »
Can I houserule a wildshape variant that changes my gender, Ranma1/2 style.  It'd be strictly worse the the core druid's wildshape, but it'd be funny as heck.  Otherwise my only real option for a genderbender character is changeling..... *sigh*

woodenbandman

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #135 on: February 26, 2009, 12:24:26 AM »
Just take a level of warshaper and a level of monk. Monk says that you can "use any part of the body to make natural attacks." Warshaper allows you to "grow a set of natural weapons," or make them 1 size larger than they normally are. Voila! grow boobs at will!

Operation Shoestring

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #136 on: February 26, 2009, 12:41:55 AM »
Just take a level of warshaper and a level of monk. Monk says that you can "use any part of the body to make natural attacks." Warshaper allows you to "grow a set of natural weapons," or make them 1 size larger than they normally are. Voila! grow boobs at will!

Funny, but not what I'm looking for.  Ranma literally turns from a guy into a girl.  With full biological function, down to the ovaries.  Actually changeling isn't bad, it just loses me the extra point of essentia and bonus feat from Azurin.

Heliomance

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #137 on: February 26, 2009, 07:28:58 AM »
How many soulmelds do we know?

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #138 on: February 26, 2009, 04:46:56 PM »

Funny, but not what I'm looking for.  Ranma literally turns from a guy into a girl.  With full biological function, down to the ovaries.  Actually changeling isn't bad, it just loses me the extra point of essentia and bonus feat from Azurin.
With its trigger conditions, Ranma's gender-swapping brings inconveniences about equal to its benefits, so you can have it for free.

You know, I see combat as being something like
"Fool! You cannot stand against the power of Gundam-Lagann!"
"Oh yeah? Load Cartridge! Bankai!"
"You triggered my trap card!"
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 04:49:45 PM by Prime32 »
My work

Operation Shoestring

• King Kong
    • Email
« Reply #139 on: February 26, 2009, 05:27:54 PM »

With its trigger conditions, Ranma's gender-swapping brings inconveniences about equal to its benefits, so you can have it for free.

You know, I see combat as being something like
"Fool! You cannot stand against the power of Gundam-Lagann!"
"Oh yeah? Load Cartridge! Bankai!"
"You triggered my trap card!"

That would be excellent, though i'm playing with the idea of being Akane and having Ranma as a thrall,  So he'd be an Azurin with the Jusenkyo template (and i can use an incarnum ring to steal his point of essentia- GLEE!).  I figure he gets -2 STR +2 DEX as a girl.