Author Topic: Skies of Arcadia Recruiting and OOC  (Read 200171 times)

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
Re: Skies of Arcadia Recruiting and OOC
« Reply #660 on: August 09, 2008, 06:38:09 AM »
One of the Gigas has the ability to create more favorable winds for the crystal-holder (5XP to whomever can name the Gigas), so you will be able to use it for somethings.
I'd say it's the blue gigas (blue moon holds the power of wind and water). Never underestimate the motivation of 5 free experience (yes, a pitiful number like 5) for a character who has not yet even been created.  :couch

Bluhiem is the right one.

[spoiler]In the original game it shows him blowing away an entire Valuan fleet with the power, which is used repeatedly against the Delphinus (that can withstand each of those hits too). Even with it, Bluhiem can't stand up to the power of the Moonstone Cannon, which easily tips the fight to one-sided, and is why the Blue Gigas isn't still active (unlike Grendel, who is fully capable of independent action even in his current state of imprisonment).

Truthfully, only two of the Gigas survive to see the end of SoA. Those two were Grendel and Recumen, and both of them have a place in the storyline.[/spoiler]

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Ubernoob

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Happy Panda
    • Email
« Reply #661 on: August 09, 2008, 03:29:44 PM »
1st rule of playing in my games: I don't drop people out of the sky without some serious explanation. Putting Elrock in the LoI from Ixa'taka makes me jump through some serious hoops here, but it is possible.
I'm sure we can figure something out.  Elrock was in Ixa'taka for all of half a battle before I had my internet troubles.  I can rewrite the backstory a little.
Ubernoob is a happy panda.

AlienFromBeyond

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
« Reply #662 on: August 09, 2008, 04:07:25 PM »
One of the Gigas has the ability to create more favorable winds for the crystal-holder (5XP to whomever can name the Gigas), so you will be able to use it for somethings.
I'd say it's the blue gigas (blue moon holds the power of wind and water). Never underestimate the motivation of 5 free experience (yes, a pitiful number like 5) for a character who has not yet even been created.  :couch

Bluhiem is the right one.

[spoiler]In the original game it shows him blowing away an entire Valuan fleet with the power, which is used repeatedly against the Delphinus (that can withstand each of those hits too). Even with it, Bluhiem can't stand up to the power of the Moonstone Cannon, which easily tips the fight to one-sided, and is why the Blue Gigas isn't still active (unlike Grendel, who is fully capable of independent action even in his current state of imprisonment).

Truthfully, only two of the Gigas survive to see the end of SoA. Those two were Grendel and Recumen, and both of them have a place in the storyline.[/spoiler]
Damnit Sinfire, you're making me want to play through it again.

As for organization, I'm very Sandbox about that kind of thing. I'm sure there is a guild of skyfaring Bards somewhere in Arcadia...
Maybe even the Sailor's Guild? Every sea/skyfaring bastard loves a good sea/sky shanty, and maintaining morale is always important. Just throwing it out there, as I would like to be in Mid-Ocean. Also, how many fate points will I be getting?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2008, 04:13:05 PM by AlienFromBeyond »

AlienFromBeyond

« Reply #663 on: August 09, 2008, 04:12:52 PM »
Ignore this...

AlisAtAn

• Email
« Reply #664 on: August 09, 2008, 04:26:00 PM »
Sooo how many people are the different games short to start? I would be willing to switch setting if that would fill up a setting... I`m in Nasr now.
Odin, Feral Shifter Feral Shifter. "Can I drown the dead rat now?"
Loke, Dread Magnate "Me all good and nice. Ask any questions and I`ll kill you twice."

DnD classes is kind of like art. You make lots of stuff that everyone loves but aint no fun to play. This one is like getting a nude pic of Britney Spears when she was hot above your bed.  Anyone can appreciate it. And it works as it should in practise, not just in theory. -Me to Strato regarding his Elemental

JaronK

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #665 on: August 09, 2008, 04:48:23 PM »
Ah, so the ice game is on again?

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #666 on: August 10, 2008, 01:09:59 PM »
Ah, so the ice game is on again?

Yes it is.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Rufei

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • Pyun pyun~!
« Reply #667 on: August 10, 2008, 10:40:01 PM »
Mid-Ocean seems to have around 3-4 transferring from the old thread, but seeing as it's a sea/skyfaring setting, we definitely wouldn't mind having a few extra hands. Although the Pinnace only needs 3 people on watch to keep the thing operating, something like a Caravel requires 7... and hirelings die very easily.

We have a strictly melee tanking Warblade//Swordsage, a glass cannon Monk//Fighter/Rogue with a Dex good enough to shoot somewhat well (for now), a bow-using SWVRanger//Cleric, and super-half-elf. So yeah, ubernoob, you're welcome to join.

Ubernoob

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Happy Panda
    • Email
« Reply #668 on: August 10, 2008, 11:09:29 PM »
Mid-Ocean seems to have around 3-4 transferring from the old thread, but seeing as it's a sea/skyfaring setting, we definitely wouldn't mind having a few extra hands. Although the Pinnace only needs 3 people on watch to keep the thing operating, something like a Caravel requires 7... and hirelings die very easily.

We have a strictly melee tanking Warblade//Swordsage, a glass cannon Monk//Fighter/Rogue with a Dex good enough to shoot somewhat well (for now), a bow-using SWVRanger//Cleric, and super-half-elf. So yeah, ubernoob, you're welcome to join.
I can join in with that.  Considering my original hook was making friends with a ship captain, that would be pretty cool.

AlienFromBeyond

« Reply #669 on: August 11, 2008, 12:47:13 AM »

I can join in with that.  Considering my original hook was making friends with a ship captain, that would be pretty cool.
Yeah, I need to come up with a story for my new guy.

AlisAtAn

• Email
« Reply #670 on: August 11, 2008, 02:28:40 AM »
a glass cannon Monk//Fighter/Rogue with a Dex good enough to shoot somewhat well (for now),

I thought you could only have one class on each side or lose the gestalt progression?
Odin, Feral Shifter Feral Shifter. "Can I drown the dead rat now?"
Loke, Dread Magnate "Me all good and nice. Ask any questions and I`ll kill you twice."

DnD classes is kind of like art. You make lots of stuff that everyone loves but aint no fun to play. This one is like getting a nude pic of Britney Spears when she was hot above your bed.  Anyone can appreciate it. And it works as it should in practise, not just in theory. -Me to Strato regarding his Elemental

AlienFromBeyond

« Reply #671 on: August 11, 2008, 03:06:08 AM »
Where are Bestow Wound and Power Word Pain in the Black Moon Domain from? I just checked the Spell Compendium and they definitely aren't in it, though everything else listed as such is.

Ubernoob

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Happy Panda
    • Email
« Reply #672 on: August 11, 2008, 03:09:24 AM »
Where are Bestow Wound and Power Word Pain in the Black Moon Domain from? I just checked the Spell Compendium and they definitely aren't in it, though everything else listed as such is.
Power Word Pain is in races of the dragon.

Omen of Peace

• Hong Kong
  • Wise Madman
« Reply #673 on: August 11, 2008, 03:20:30 AM »
It's correct. She's a Monk-Fighter 2/Rogue 1.
The Malazan Book of the Fallen, Steven Erikson

Nox_Noctis

• Hong Kong
  • A Simple Exchange
    • Email
« Reply #674 on: August 11, 2008, 05:15:53 AM »
This should be one of my last questions before I post a character sheet: as far as arcane channeling goes for a Duskblade, does a creature struck twice take the spell effect twice, or is it only applied to a creature struck by any number of attacks made by the Duskblade a single time? [Text For Reference: "the spell affects each target that you hit in melee combat that round."]

I would personally rule that, by RAW, it only affects a creature once, but I've seen it debated, so I want to know your opinion before I make any decision hinging on that ability's efficacy.
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Rufei

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • Pyun pyun~!
« Reply #675 on: August 11, 2008, 06:32:01 AM »
I just took a look at Faerie Mysteries Initiate and I have to say... anyone here with a high Int score and would like to dump Con? Apparently you can swap your Con with Int for determining extra HP.

Permanently.

Ubernoob

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Happy Panda
    • Email
« Reply #676 on: August 11, 2008, 03:20:52 PM »
I just took a look at Faerie Mysteries Initiate and I have to say... anyone here with a high Int score and would like to dump Con? Apparently you can swap your Con with Int for determining extra HP.

Permanently.
You still need a con score for the vital fort saves.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #677 on: August 11, 2008, 04:25:18 PM »

Permanently.
You still need a con score for the vital fort saves.
Might be fun for Necropolitans, though.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

AlienFromBeyond

« Reply #678 on: August 11, 2008, 05:04:45 PM »

Permanently.
As long as you have a sexual encounter every morning :P.

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #679 on: August 11, 2008, 08:22:37 PM »
Bestow Wound is in Heroes of Horror.

This should be one of my last questions before I post a character sheet: as far as arcane channeling goes for a Duskblade, does a creature struck twice take the spell effect twice, or is it only applied to a creature struck by any number of attacks made by the Duskblade a single time? [Text For Reference: "the spell affects each target that you hit in melee combat that round."]

I would personally rule that, by RAW, it only affects a creature once, but I've seen it debated, so I want to know your opinion before I make any decision hinging on that ability's efficacy.

I've participated in that debate, and have come to a solution for it. The spell specifically says if it cannot target the same creature more than once in a round, examples include Chain Lightning and Chill Touch, and any spells that do not have such a targeting restriction can be used on the same target multiple times.

It took me the Rules Compendium and SRD to figure that little bit out, but I have always ruled that way for a Duskblade. Otherwise they just don't stand up to some other classes.

[spoiler][/spoiler]